BEET JUICE

The smart people at Examine.com say there are only THREE base supplements worth taking if you want to improve exercise performance and muscle.

1. Protein
2. Creatine
3. Nitrates

The best source of the nitrates seems to be beet (beetroot) juice. About 500ml taken before your workout.

ergo-log.com/concentrated-beetroot-juice-optimal-dose.html
ergo-log.com/bodybuilders-manage-twenty-percent-more-reps-with-beetroot-juice.html
ergo-log.com/short-of-oxygen-beetroot-juice-helps.html

See all ergolog articles on beetroot here: ergo-log.com/beetroot-archives.html

You can do on average 20% more reps when you take this preworkout. And we know how much of a difference that last rep can make.

Many preworkouts can contain beetroot extract. If you have a recommendation then post it.

I'm looking into creating beetroot juice in bulk for as cheap as possible right now. I'm interested in freezing it, but it might have to just be made every morning.

I will be posting my research here.

Any /beeta males/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

1.droppdf.com/files/STzBK/examine-com-stack-guide-muscle-gain-and-exercise-performance.pdf
reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/670v1x/with_beetroot_juice_before_exercise_aging_brains/dgnlu5e/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Nootropics
amazon.co.uk/Beet-Organic-Beetroot-Juice-1litre/dp/B00545CKU4/ref=pd_sim_325_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AZTJRBAPZJB3ZV402W4J
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The examine guide is linked here:

1.droppdf.com/files/STzBK/examine-com-stack-guide-muscle-gain-and-exercise-performance.pdf

I will add turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, a vitamin C source and a citric acid source (probably an orange. maybe two)

It should not be taken with a fat. But you dont have fat before your workout anyway.

DrugsAndBodybuilding 2 points 14 days ago

> Ive tried drinking tons of blended beats and juice before a workout, i was fucking giddy and felt extremely energetic and got a redicoulas pump

reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/670v1x/with_beetroot_juice_before_exercise_aging_brains/dgnlu5e/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Nootropics

...or just eat a beer salad every other day

Why do you faggots have to supplement everything?

What advantage does "beet juice" have "pre-"workout compared to "just beets" at any time?

Tip: For lazy fucks like me, lidl sells 0.5kg packs of boiled, peeled beets. You can eat them as a salad with salt and vinegar, or dump them in your protein and fruit morning smoothie

You want to take it 60 minutes before your workout for it to give you the NO and bloodflow during your workout. It will give you a huge pump. Timing matters.

You want it pureed/smoothied/juiced so that you get an intense effect.

You wll still be getting many advantages just from eating I am sure. including lower blood pressure

Oh and garlic has a synergy with the vitamin C so I will throw that in there too. I already got my citric acid preserved 1kg of chopped garlic from Costco...

The recent media buzz around beetroot being used to enhance nitric oxide is sending many athletes and bodybuilders to health food stores in search of products that contain beetroot. Before you race off to buy a pre-workout product with beetroot to increase your pumps, let’s discuss the facts. In order to gain the nitric oxide benefits from beetroot extract, a 180-pound person would need at least 450 mg of nitrates from beetroot extract. As you are reading this article you may be getting excited because your current pre-workout has 500 mg of Beta vulgaris L. (beetroot extract) under a pump blend, which exceeds the amount in the study (450 mg). Woo-hoo…right?! Actually, this is deceptive/false advertising and couldn’t be further from the truth! Many supplement companies jumped on the media bandwagon and added beetroot extract to their pre-workouts in order to make nitric oxide claims (without ever testing it).

Beta vulgaris L. contains only 1% - 1.5% nitrate per gram of raw material, and that’s if a supplement brand is using the best, which most don't due to cost. So let’s take the best case scenario of the maximum concentrate you can buy for beetroot powder: 1.5% nitrate/gram of raw material. If a pre-workout contains 500 mg of Beta vulgaris L., it actually only yields 7.5 – 8.5 mg of naturally occurring nitrate from beets.

I was looking at combining it with pomegranate juice, but pomegranate is waaaay too expensive in all forms including extracts and from farmers direct.

Its looking expensive

17 beets in 1l juice. thats 3.4kg of beets for 1l juice.
if beets are £1.50 per kg thats £2.55 for a 500ml drink

fuck thats way too much.

I can buy it from these people

amazon.co.uk/Beet-Organic-Beetroot-Juice-1litre/dp/B00545CKU4/ref=pd_sim_325_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AZTJRBAPZJB3ZV402W4J

if I get 12 cartons it works out to be £1.88 for each 500ml.

They last for 8 months too

Oh wow the pack of 8 is actually cheaper. Its £1.76 for each 500ml.

Doesn't seem like I'm going to find a better way of getting nitrates.

I might buy 1 carton and see if I notice anything in the gym then report back

It sounds like you can get it for £2/litre in some places at the right times. Thats £1 for a 500ml dose.

WOW its possible to get £1 per litre at the right time!!!!

thats amazing value and 50p for a dose is amazing. I have to find out how this was done.

OK its on sale atm apparently.

£2 a litre. Now we are in a reasonable territory

Holy shit it seems to be on the best offer in years, right now.

It lasts like 12 months so I think I might buy 50

forgot the time series graph

This genuinely seems like beat industry shillery. I'm on to you, Mr. Schrute

nice fucking shilling here mate

You cant get it for £1 anywhere any more. Ive emailed the company that makes it and asked them if I can buy 100 liters and get a bulk discount. I will let you know what they say.

I can tell you now that Amazon is the worst place to buy it, and ASDA and Sainsburys are the best at this time.

I have no affiliation or stock/shares in those supermarkets

17 posts
4 posters

>I have no affiliation or stock/shares in those supermarkets

I like posting my personal research on here because I get some feedback sometimes and also it makes my stuff indexable on google so I can find and link people to it in the future.

Pic attached is my last design. Sadly it has way too much fiber to be used as a preworkout. It still is a cheap and tasty way to get 7 portions of vegetables though.

Me again

Here we go lads

>The smart people at Examine.com

Did they hire a new staff?

Shit is expensive.

1 table spoon of cacaopowder will also give a nice pump and energy boost.

begone beetroot salesmen

Its £1 for 500ml. Similar cost to a can of Sips. But I get my caffeine from free coffee. And if I didnt I would be getting caffeine from a cheaper source than Sips. Like a bag of powder or caffeine pills.