Anyone else here hit the gym only 3 times a week with ppl routine because you're being a lazy fuck like me

anyone else here hit the gym only 3 times a week with ppl routine because you're being a lazy fuck like me

3 times ain't bad, as long as you stick to your routine you're fine.

ppl and only 3 times a week? so you are basically hitting a body part 1 per week as a natty? why not just do compounds?

Yeah, I'm the same, 3-days I usually consider that a win and then hit it hard on sundays if possible.
Mondays are the worst for motivation.

if you're only able to go to the gym 3 days a week, just do a full-body routine

any good full body routines?

Starting strength

>hitting each muscle group once a week.

terrible. if you want to gym three times a week at least do upper lower upper then lower upper lower, push pull legs is for people who get their ass in the gym minimum four times a week

isnt starting strenght like for newbies?

Yes, so it's perfect for you. If you are an intermediate then do Texas Method with chins in Wednesday and a set of heavy rows on Friday

Do i really look like a newbie? ;((

being a newbie is defined by if you can still make gains on linear progression. what's your heigh weight lifts and amount of time lifting seriously

yes

stop giving shit advice

TM is shit

I missed a bunch of days last week and will miss this week because of finding finals.

I'll probably get ripped during the summer though because I have no friends and nothing else to do but exercise and play videogames.

having friends and not feeling shit increase your chances of building a good body...

I switched to Chest/Back, Bi's/tri's/shoulders, and then legs. A twist on an old classic.

6'0 or 6'1 (dunno for sure) 182lbs. I can bp 240lbs, havent did max of other lifts in a long time. Been lifting for about year and a half

dude same!

I do PPL, but actually PP/PP with leg press thrown in one day a week.

yes

yes

yeah, buddy

My bio this is exactly how I do it.

You literally look dyel yes

DYEL bodies

aaaw shit man, yes you do

Right now yes but I'm throwing bench into my pull days because I'm hoping to complete + I have exams right now

my program is a fucking mess

yeah you're intermediate.

i'd recommend you do a prepackaged variation that hits the muscles every fifth day to twice a week minimum. like i said, any upper lower ran as described fits that criteria, but there's plenty of options. push pull legs 3x/week however is not sufficient frequency and stimulus

pudgy manlet who thinks he's hot shit because he just squatted 225 spotted.

your over compensation is obvious, squirt. give it a rest.

Good ol' G6 is the GOAT full body routine

Everyone ITT are DYEL manlets

Elaborate

i hit upper body 3x a week and lower body 2x, but sometimes i skip monday workouts because i'm sometimes more busy than expected. a-am i fucking up, Veeky Forums? upper body MWF, lower TTh

thats not ppl, just brosplits at that point

I believe it was Arnold's first routine, a simple 3x a week full body workout

Arnold's Golden Six:

Squats 4x10

Bench 3x10 (I used to alternate with incline bench every other workout)

Pullups 3x max or with weight if you can do over 12

OHP 4x10

Curls 3x10

Abs (I always did skullcrushers instead of abs)

If you hit them real hard that's all it takes.

not him, but he's referring to Arnold's Golden Six

switch to full body wtf

Currently doing mad cow. Got me to a 2pl8 bench for 5 in no time.

Wont lower back get too little work here because of no deadlifts?

No man 12 sets of squats a week will do that

Upper/Lower (U1xL1xU2xx L2xU1xL1xx etc) is far superior to PPL

U/L has 1.5x p/w frequency compared to PPL 1x p/w frequency with same amount of training days, thus more efficient

Also 1 extra restday compared to U1.L1xU2.L2xx so you can still go hard without worrying about recovery.

lol, you'd be much better by doing the big coumpounds and some curls and triceps isolation three times a week
squat
deadlift
ohp
pullups
bench
curl
skullcrush

>3 upper body sessions every 2 weeks
no gains guaranteed

more efficient, lol. more days training isnt more efficient.

>"so you can still go hard without worrying about recovery."

holy shit read a book once in ur life lel

>thinks the suggestion of the fastest strength program which has provided a solid foundaiton for thousands of bodybuilders, athletes and powerifters in existence is bad advice
>dismissing the entire TM as 'shit'
answer truthfully - do you actually lift?

t. guy who is bigger and stronger than you

>which has provided a solid foundaiton for thousands of bodybuilders, athletes and powerifters in existence is bad advice
haha

here's a list of programs that could work well for you:

>texas method
ignore the sub 2 plate squatting haters who advise against the TM. the TM is not optimal for upper body or deadlifts but there's no better squat program for an intermediate, if you want to get a good squat. you can always do TM squats and do other routines for the rest of the body. don't do it if you aren't going to bulk.
>PPLPPLx or ULxULxx
good if you want a good amount of muscle,some strength and flexibility if programming but its easy to fuck up if you aren't careful with your volume and shit
>PHUL
probably the best for you, has equal emphasis on strength and size, excellent program
>28 free programs by greg nuckols
great for a solid beginning into increasing the squat, deadlift and bench
>5/3/1
slow strength progression but plenty potential for mass training, read Beyond 531 by Jim Wendler before embarking

gl. there's many more but these are solid choices. i'm sure some dyel anons will be experts in how terrible they are without ever having done them, but whatever.

>outright denying facts
there's guys on the SS forums who finish the program with a 405 squat for reps and a bench, press and DL to go with it. if you fault the program for its foundation you're just arguing against empirically proven facts and you should probably lurk moar and learn a thing or two before you embarrass yourself on chinese anime forums. if you think SS is shit on account of its poor bodybuilding abilities, then you have fundamentally misunderstood it.

I did full body 3 days a week and then PPL, I feel more benefit from PPL. Would like to hit everything twice a week but going 6 days a week is excessive for me. Will try upper/lower 4 days a week and see where that takes me.

oh, thought you meant TM with that.
I never meant to imply that SS is shit.
I just meant the tripfag should stop giving shit advice as in ask questions about someone's background before blindly recommending SS.
SS is a pretty good program.

TM is still shit though. (except for college-aged males with good genetics who only want to increase their squat)

Just checked out PHUL, seems pretty nice, gonna try it. Thanks senpai

This

Dyel fag

>TM is still shit though. (except for college-aged males with good genetics who only want to increase their squat)
still pretty retarded tbqh, you're obviously one of those guys who read that article by one of rippetoe's coaches gone rogue and taken it on at a fundamental level. protip: articles are not normally good training advice, lrn2journalism.

the TM is suboptimal for bench and DL, that is true. however, there is a huge gap between that fact and dismissing the entire method (method, not program, the TM is a method) as 'shit'. for example there is nothing bad about TMing your lower lifts to focus on squats while simunltaneously using something like nuckols bench programs.

the fuck is with your left arm? you might want to lay off the wanking lad

No, I read both the TM books (first and second edition), and then I did it for months.
I also saw others on TM with the same shit results as I.

TM can work for squats for a few weeks, but not much longer, unless you're a young male with good genetics.

if the pros of the method are this limited, and the book claims them to be much wider, I'd call the method shit.

nuckols programs are fine.

note that I don't think that the "method" of having a higher volume medium intensity day and a lower volume high intensity day isn't necessarily shit, the way TM implements it is shit though.

is* necessarily

3 times a week is fine if you do full body.
My routine if anyone cares:
8 sets of 7-3 pull ups
5 sets x 8-6 one arm push-ups
3 sets x 12 deadlift
3 sets x 12 incline twisting crunches
3 sets x 10 dips
3 sets x 10 bodyweight rows
3 sets x 15-12 hanging leg raises

Any tips?
Wanna do squats but don't have a rack. Any suggestions other than gym membership?

Goblet squats

Just saw a video demonstration of that, seems hard to get decent weight? I can squat about a 100kg x 10 so a kettle bell doesn't do much...
??

That's a lot of reps mang

>PHUL
Too much meme accessories.

Takes about an hour. So I don't think that is a problem

you probably didn't eat enough or something, TM gets most peoples squat up pretty high.

swap them out then ffs

shame that's all it does

I ate and slept enough.

notice the
>>good genetics requirement
part

I don't see the problem with 3 times a day, I'd say only try hards go 5 times a week. Your body needs proper rest anyway, if you know what you're doing then by all means go 5 times a week but I still think it's excessive.

3-4 times is plenty.

true, it is what it is.

my genetics aren't good and i got to 223kg for 5 singles before i started cutting.

that means your genetics (related to strength training) are good...

Twice a week, thinking about dropping down to once.

i really don't think it does. if i could jump into sheiko and gain at a good rate, that's good genetics. i think its more that you are genetic trash.

I did exactly that, I'm not even lying

>i really don't think it does.
perpetuating the meathead stereotype, good job.

5 days a week

Monday : back, some shoulder workout

Tuesday : chest and some arm

Wednesday: shoulder and some arm

Thurday : back

Friday : chest and some arm

You're still doing more than 95% of the population, don't feel too bad about it. That being said you're making suboptimal gains

its totally reasonable for a young man to progress on the TM and it happened fine til DYELs like you started hating on the program recently. if you couldn't progress beyond a few weeks on the TM but you're genetic garbage and you bloody know it.

that's the same as what i said, retard

nah you were saying you have to have good genetics to progress on the TM, whereas i'm saying that you have to have bad genetics not to progress on it. there's middle ground there. you can progress on TM with average genetics.

meant for

it's 1 training more per 2 weeks than a PPL or a regular brosplit. gains guaranteed.

>more trainingdays
can you read? it's the same amount of training days per week, but higher frequency per muscle group

>holy shit read a book
you get 1 extra restday per musclegroup with upperlower 3x p/w (1.5x p/w per muscle) compared to upperlower 4x p/w (2x p/w per muscle)
so yes, you can go harder in the sense of a bit more volume for example. recovery is still important of course but less of an issue with a lower frequency.

yeah PxPxLxx is stupid. your version is better, but PPLPPLx reigns supreme. come on bro.

okay, let's put it this way.
TM works well if you have good genetics.
if you have average genetics, it works kinda, but only for squat.
if you have bad genetics, it doesn't work.

i think you can agree with this.

cannot fault you on that. i concur. the problem is that there's too many people who worship it and too many people who disregard it completely i think

why would anyone chose to do a 2x p/w per muscle in 6 days, if they can do they same frequency in 4 days?

yes you can do more volume, but you can easily get in between your minimum effective volume and maximum recoverable volume with with upperlower 4x a week

only if you don't want to train more than 45 minutes i can see the use of ppl 6x per week

hmm, good point.

>why would anyone chose to do a 2x p/w per muscle in 6 days, if they can do they same frequency in 4 days?
...what?
in your model, U and L are done 1.5 times a week. in PPLPPLx, P, P and L are done twice a week unless i've missed something

i think most people will find that 1.5 times per week is still too low for the upper body as a natty bro. maybe the legs could get away with it if you're going hard every session.

I meant the U1L1xU2L2xx, it has the same frequency as PPLPPLx but in 2 less trainingdays.

the U1xL1xU2xx etc model was just a more efficient alternative for PxPxLxx or any brosplit, for a higher frequency with the same amount of trainingdays

ah right. in that case i agree, UL and PPL with the same frequency is good.

one reason i can think of for using PPL instead of UL is that you don't have to squat and DL on the same day. it also means that you can go harder on pushes without having the affect your pulls and vice versa, for example benching is tiring enough on my lats to negstively influence my rows.

That's why you have a 1 and 2 variant of the Upper and Lower training.

So 1 prioritizes deadlift and 2 the squat for example

With PPL you have 0-1 days rest between needing some muscles again anyway. That will also interfere

So the less splitting the better. Only reason I dislike full-body is that it's hard to hit every muscle equally in 1.5h max of training.

I go to the gym every day.

Proper lifting 3x per week

Then pullups/Weighted dips/ab work + cardio on off days

It makes me feel much better overall and my physique has improved since i started doing it.

right, i actually like the idea of that model a lot. however i do consider PPL and UL to be slightly inferior to programs with more structured strength progressions, too many people stall due to fairly poorly constructed programming. for example, 5/3/1 can be altered to be pretty much UL, except that you can rely on consistent strength gains from it.

>weighted dips

If strength in the main lifts is a priority than they are inferior

PPL, UL and brosplits are more directed towards bodybuilding, of which UL is most efficient

You can still implement periodization in an UL for decent strength gains though

I'm thinking of doing a UpperBody/LowerBody routine 3x week but the lower body will be upper body too

I will deadlift and hip thrusts on one of those upper days but only squat once every 2 weeks since I dont want my legs to grow more so no point in a lower body day

is this fine? or should I go 4 days? it seems if im upper body on both days its enough volume

>You can still implement periodization in an UL for decent strength gains though

im this guyhow do I do that? I want to progress on my compounds but mainly focus on building mass so no strength focused only routines.

do I just try to go 1.25kg every work out and once it stops working do I like do the same weight I was doing but with more reps and then lower reps and up the weight?
like I'm doing 3x5 100kg bench and want to go to 102.5kg but I'm fialing so I do like 3x6-8 100kg and if I manage to do between those reps I add weight and try 3x5 102.5kg?

sorry if its confusing

Do UPxLOWxUPxx every week. Twice the volume for upper as for lower.

Still sounds retarded though. Get lean and see how much legs you got left.

>want to progress on compounds
>but on mass not strength
>don't want legs to grow

wat

well I'm like 4 weeks of proper cutting to reach around 10-11%bf, the only fat I have left is on my lower back and just a bit. pic related

I fell for the 3x week squatting meme and got to 3pl8 squat with huge legs, they lost a bit of size since I had a broken toe once and then a motorcycle accident which both left me with 4 months of no lifting which made my legs bit smaller but right now they're almost proportional to upper body, just a bit bigger than they should.
I meant I want to keep my compounds numbers going up but focus more on mass building aka a more bodybuilding routine than simply focusing on hitting PR's

I don't want to squat since my legs would get out of proportion and I just cant afford to keep buying pants and getting them tailored every 6 months

>pic related
>no pic

everytime

here it is, dont want to be t-rex again