/plg/

Welcome to powerlifting general.

Keep your fucking shit clean unless you want ants, roaches or bedbugs you greasy fucks.

As always eat more and try harder.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-z5THG80mU&ab_channel=screamermanuel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unless you want ants, roaches or bedbugs
Literally 3rd world country problems.

anyone here ever subbed out back squat entirely for front for an extended period of time? what was your experience?

Back squat felt a little awkward.
Front squat increased, back squats felt a little easier and smoother.
Not much increase in backsquat at all.

You would be fucking surprised at the filth people you interact with on a daily basis live in.

what's the point, why not just do both

What does /plg/ train except s/b/d and variations? What do you do for assthedicks and conditioning
Thanks

Hahaha dude what is it with you and people's living spaces

>implying the third world isn't literally pouring over the borders and have been for quite a few years

>What does /plg/ train except s/b/d and variations?
Nothing, hardly any variations as well. Just don't be a GDE :)

reminder to do weighted chins to bench more

Are there anyone here with a back injury(herniated,bulging disc etc.) ?

yes me; bulging disc

injury ; (

I've got about a week left in c6w, can i just keep running it or should i switch to something else? It's my second time through and its been working well but i kind of wish i did a little more deadlifting and upper body stuff

It feels real squat heavy

I increased my chin ups from +0kg to +30kgs and my bench went up by whole whooping 0kgs. Why are you lying to me user?

I've seen some shit man.

stop lifting and take up rock collecting then
fuark

I think you forgot to bench in the meantime m8

>upper body stuff
Have we run the same program? Upper body 2-3 times a week and all my work outs were like 2 hours long.

How did you get over it,do you still keep working out ?

What's been the worst?

Nah, just insane case of benchlet. I'm worse than isley.

I don't believe you

Pls response

Do your fucking chin ups and rows.
Having your upper back and rear delts in good condition is very important for prehab.
Dips are also a good accessory for presses and shoulder mobility

Managed to hit a huge pr of 100kgx5 lately and that's after 3 years of lifting. I completely abandoned my dreams of benching 140kgs :(

People with small children and literally hundreds of visible cockroaches on all surfaces of the kitchen, living room and bathroom. I was afraid to stand in one place for too long.

ew, i find small children disgusting aswell

im doing a fuckload of reverse hypers and hanging, these help a lot

I can still squat only upright highbar though cant deadlift for work sets

You can do it user i belief in you.

How much y'all press (TM) ?

Any 5/3/1 fags here?

>Decided to squat and bench 3 times a week with the 5/3/1 scheme
>Up the lifts by more than you normally do on 5/3/1 because of this
>I'm not recovering properly, lost reps when starting this new cycle
Should I eat more or lift less?

>What does /plg/ train except s/b/d and variations?
Overhead press
Push press
Front squat
Barbell row, which is underappreciated for deadlift
Band pull aparts
Myo rep curls and tricep pull overs
Weighted chins
Bodyweight pull-ups wide grip

>What do you do for assthedicks
I do cardio a minimum of 3 times a week to keep a balanced physique so I don't end up a fat piece of shit. I also do supplemental shoulder work , especially rear delts. The lats need more love than just deadlift as well

My gf is asking me how to start training, i just told her to do SS.

Is that good for a grill? All i know is squat bench and DL.

>Bodyweight pull-ups wide grip
>wide grip
these are a waste of time tb h

basically describing every house or apartment rented to a nigger

Bout to go back into some shitty entry level job interview, wish me luck lads

Already am
>Barbell row, which is underappreciated for deadlift
I assume you do pendlay? I do chest supported (but freeweight barbell, not a machine or something) because my core is too beat up from lower body day
Am I wasting my time?
Do you jerk the weight at the top of the movement or strict?
Do you try to move the barbell over midfoot like deadlifts or not?
Why?

Just outside shoulder width, settle down bitch

Smash it bro

Strict to belly basically in dl position, but a bit in front.

Good luck lad.

Remember, shitty entry level jobs lead to decent mid level jobs.

Thanks. Row/bench 1rm? Training volume?

Thank you, its not actually in my field though it's just a summer job to make some cash while working an unpaid internship.

>tfw kneebola
>tfw elbowla
Fug lads I wanna lift so bad today but my body isn't feeling it

What do for a week while getting ready to train memeko (basically a month no train while cutting)

idk maybe it's just throwing me off because i stopped feeling DOMs so much.

my upper body feels really inconsistent, especially with OHP. some weeksi can put up 135/140 for 3x6 and other weeks im only hitting like 100-115 ish weights

i think what i want is more upper body "structure" in the programming. I like how the excel sheet lays out all the weight/reps/sets you're going to do for the big 3 but then everything else is left up to you and i feel like it's just been whatever

Fish oil helps this a lot lad

Row I do sets of 10-15, or 3-5. Low rep sets at 225-255. Bench is 325 currently, dl 600

The all time best lift in the history of the world is...

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-z5THG80mU&ab_channel=screamermanuel

>tfw our lad screamers going to get himself sent to the ipf gulag for all this fed-mixing talk

Hall's 500kg deadlift tbqh

I only train back, ohp and rear delts. Those are the biggest gaps and can stop shit snapping or add extra strength

You are doing a whole progression in one week, its should be done in a month. pick a new program

>an equipped deadlift being the best anything

watching it now Tbh
>already counting himself out of placing at worlds

>Just checked him out
Lol he used straps, it doesn't count

and a deadlift suit

Might as well use a forklift next time

lmoaaaaaa good one, laughed for a few seconds

is this your first day outside facebook
>rawmie humor
shiggydiggy

lmoaa xdd Why so serious, relax a bit have a laugh with m8s :))

>doing 3 coaching packages
>novice, contender and champion
>when you are approaching 500 wilks you can start thinking about contender package

lol i love that lad

Make her do full body work, not just ass memes.
being muscular is healthy and enjoyable.

another day spent searching for my lost love

haven't slept in 2 days now and
>training went well
>I've been more chilled out
>relaxed
>not depressed
>not tired

Yo wtf is happening

Hello,

This is Roberts mother

He left his computer open when he went to the gym

I must ask because Im worried... are you all the internet nazi's my son has been talking to

I just have to know

Thanks,

Sally

Dearest Sally,

We are a close-knit community of recreational weight lifters who aim to share information and a wealth of knowledge to improve our performance on the platform.

If you have any concerns on Roberts internet usage then please feel free to contact me at [email protected], and I can guide you in setting up a protective filter to prevent Robert accessing anything he shouldn't.

I hope you have a wonderful evening,

Yours truly,

Bignig

My fucking sides

Do you know where Trappy is?

Dear powerlifting general,

How do I run a 3 day RTS for the benched presses?

Yours truly,

Anonymous.

Volume day today. I had a little moment of pic related, but all in all it was not only a good session, but a fun one. I don't get why you guys think Texas is boring.

Whats the best way to prevent elbow aids are biceps curls enough?

The point of RTS is you can design it for your personal needs. In what way are you asking how to run it

Kek

Ayyy joseph, my (big) nigger

>1 hour + video

I like him, but FUCK THAT

If plg doesn't care about roids what are you dumb mother fuckers doing competi g only to get btfo? Fucking retards.

I really really really don't want to read it
w-will you make it for me if I explain what I need? p-pleasd

Id be happy to help but im not gonna write the program for u. Ive been training using rts principles for a year so I can probably help.

sleep deprivation is a known short term treatment for depression

Right, I guess you can be very useful.
My dilemma is my lifting schedule is a little bit weird:
Week A:
>Tuesday
>Thursday
>Saturday
Week B:
>Monday
>Thursday
>Saturday
Not insane, but it has been troubling to program. (Not that I haven't tried)

I heard RTS is useful for weird schedules like this. What RTS principles do I need to learn to program a 3 day bench program that includes close grip bench, competition bench and overhead presses and even push presses. I'm very used to doing all this, so its less of an issue of work capacity, and more to do with structured progression.

Sounds like you're being an edgy little drama queen and it excites you

Hi is Panzer here? I have a biology question for him since he's a brain chad

id recomemd programming top sets @9 then decide the number of back off sets based off how much volume you personally need. For the way you program the lifts you can do
day 1-Comp Bench
Day 2-OHP & Push Press
Day 3- CGBP
how much do you bench and whats your body weight. Bench tends to like a lot of frequency, i bench 4 days a week with 6 bench slots over that string of days. You may want to add another bench movement, its up to you though.

Also program reps based off however you feel. You could just do old school linear and go form 12s to doubles or you could undulate them a little more. Its all up to you

I think I'm liking the sound of RTS style training. I often just go off how I feel so this feels at home.
I'm cutting and I've gone from a 105kg bench at 97kg to a 110kg bench at 90ish-kg

What do you thinks best for me? Also perhaps could I do competition bench as my main work, so that I do it thrice a week, however I do CGBP immediately afterwards occasionally, instead of giving it its own day? Another press I love are JM Presses so I could do them as my extra bench movement.

I mean, whaddya you think?

Is there any point to maxing out or going high rpe on stuff like closegrip or highbar or overhead press or is it just a waste of energy

>Comp bench 3 times a week
I would reccomend doing a variation twice then comp bench on one day. I would need to know where you fail though. If you fail off the chest you could do
Day 1-Comp bench + OHP
Day 2-Low Pin Press + CGBP
Day 3-Long Pause Bench + Push Press
You could throw in JM Press if you want as well, maybe switch it with close grip. It really depends on where you are weak. If you're weak near lockout you could do slingshot bench, high pin bench, banded work, etc

>comp style only once a week
Not him but isn't this bad? I've written many programs for myself and I've never done lower than twice a week frequency for comp squat and bench. Am I wrong in this line of thought?

also unless you like ohp & push press i wouldnt reccomend both, better time can be spent in a variation with more carryover.

He's still benching 3 times a week, just close variations. Long pause/ Low pin are just a little different from the competition movement. I would never recommend anyone to just bench one time a week. That wouldn't be optimal.

Alright, interesting, yeah I'll do as you suggest. My weak point is the classic few inches off the chest, often I find the bar drifts too far forward perhaps or just gets halted around there.

I understand. I'm partial to these two movements because they carry over to other activities I do alongside PL.

>partial to other movements
ok thats fine, then definitely keep them in.

Also thisis not me

I know that, I just always put an emphasis on comp style. So it's not necessary to stick only to comp style? I've been thinking of switching more focus onto closegrip benching

I don't think you should ever max out in the gym but sets of cgbp or high bar @8 or 9 are pretty good uses of time in the gym.

>benchlet
>100x5 after 3 years
pick 1

I think people tend to stick to comp style way too often. CWS made a good point at some point about how the more advanced you get the more specfic your training should be. Most people would benefit from variations that attack your weakpoint and have an increase in ROM.
THen again i'm just some random user, so take what i say with many grains of salt.

Are you saying that 100x5 after 3 years is not bad? Because I won't believe that. I see normies at my gym benching that for warm up.

But I can do that after a year of training.. He must be a benchlet.