So im fat, im 210 LBS

So im fat, im 210 LBS.
And im thinking of doing a water fast, i will start when muslims start doing ramadan, so people will motivate me throughout the fast.
Does Veeky Forums have tips or things to say about it?

Don't do two weeks right off the bat, you have to work your way up or else you're going to pass out and fuck yourself up.

Don't plan on working, driving, walking, or doing very much of anything while you are on a water fast. I've done 72 hours and you basically feel like you're floating, any sort of exertion and you will collapse. Going upstairs leaves you light headed after 72 hours

You're going to lose muscle on the fast. Your body will break it down for glycogen. This is why fasting is not a good idea for fat loss (Unless it's intermittent or once a week), fasting is more of a spiritual and cleansing process than anything else. Gives your digestive system time to repair and makes you a little bit less "material".

Do 48 hours to start off, go from there. Don't think you can fast while living your life normally, you can't. You need days off

That sounds extremely retarded, definitely just get on a normal diet man

>it just breaks down muscles
i did some research and after 3 days your body will break down fat instead of muscle.
But im not working on muscle right now, who can see my muscles when im fat?

This is retarded.

If you're going to do some extreme, I suggest you look up Lyle McDonald's Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF). You still eat protein so you don't lose AS MUCH muscle, and you'll still lose a lot of weight fast.

The water fast could really fuck up your shit.

It's called a water fast but you should try to drink as little water as possible otherwise it will cause you to retain all the water-soluble fats. Also, you need to do high intensity exercise so that you're burning just the carbs and fat. At high intensity, your body won't be able to burn the muscle. Another tip is to wear lots of layers and raise your body temperature above the normal. And maybe ease yourself into it by eating celery - calorie neutral but it keeps the stomach from shutting down and causing you to vomit constantly.
Hope it helps. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Good luck.

thanks. Is lettuce good too? I love letuce, celery will make your breath stink i assume

Your research is wrong, or you misunderstood it

For a little while you will have glycogen stores in your muscles, and your body will run through these first (so called 3 days). After this it will switch to using your fat for ketones - you will be in ketosis

HOWEVER your body still requires glycogen to function, parts of the brain need it. To get it, it will break down muscle tissue because protein converts to glucose

You will burn mostly fat, but you will also burn muscle away. Depending on how long the fast is, it could be a lot

And did you not hear my earlier advice dude? You shouldn't try and pull a 3+ day water fast out of your ass before ever having attempted it. Work your way up

Also don't break the fast with a burger. You need to work your way back up to big meals

The reason you need to worry about keeping your muscle is because muscle takes time to build, pound per pound. Every pound of muscle you lose is a week or more of extra training to get back. If you be silly with your fasting and lose 10lbs of muscle you've set yourself back 2 months+ of training

i see. I dont really have alot of muscles.
my BMI is 30.
So i begin with skip breakfast? then skip lunch and breakfast and then skip everything and then do the fast for a few days?

Went on a 40 mile bike ride 24 hours into my first fast.
This guy is a fat piece of shit don't listen to him.

You can do a water fast short term fine tho. BUT you can get pretty much the same benefits by eating a little, and greater benefits by intaking minerals and vitamins.

PSMF has some good points but Lyle McDonald also overreaches certain ideas (especially on absorbing nutrients from fibre) and misses some benefits of fasting.

Do 5 days. Get a bunch of dehydrated vegetable powders, like spinach, spirulina, brocolli, beetroot etc mix them all up and parachute a desert spoon each day (parachuting is wrapping it in rice paper and swallowing). This is your mutlivitamin. Feel free to add a vitamin B complex and similar. You can take an otc multivitamin if you want as an alternative.

On the first day feel free to have one normal (and not fatty normal) meal. One every day you may eat one medium avocado. This is the poor man's fast mimicking diet. Adding an avocado a day (AAAAD) doesn't affect much of anything but keeps your gut transit moving and keeps your metabolism high enough. Very slightly easier for hunger too.

If you do do a water fast, I would still recommend having watery soup for them electrolytes.

This is stupid, you absolutely need water to lose fat.

Celery isn't calorie neutral, although you'd need to eat like half a pound of celery to break your body out of fasting state.

No, begin with not eating for 24 hours. Then a couple days later up it to 48, then a few days later try 72

If you go straight to 72 you're just gonna pass out and hit your head when you get up because you have no experience with how weak it'll make you

This guy is a liar

>HOWEVER your body still requires glycogen to function, parts of the brain need it.
It's not clear that this is true. Butyrates may be an acceptable alternative to glucose but we just don't know.

How much glycogen you have in your body is affected by a number of things too, but it's quite typical to have more in your liver than muscles. It's also common esp for marathon runners and bodybuilders to deplete glycogen for about a week and then do a carb refeed, doesn't really affect muscle mass much if at all.

alright thanks will do

>i will start when muslims start doing ramadan, so people will motivate me throughout the fast.

>Getting motivation from muzzies

I get what you meant, people doing similar thing makes it easier. But people that inbreed wouldn't be such a great motivator for me.

Legal to marry 1st cousins in islam

Dont fast bro. Pick a sustainable diet, the results will take more like 2 months but they will last longer. Once you stop fasting youll balloon back up

nah bro. after the fasting i will do a protein diet. So no bread, only lean meats and vegetables. and ill do lots of cardio and BWT

Guys what are the rules of "water fasting" ?
Do you eat nothing at all for the duration fo the fast except water?

yup

This is how insecure people from /pol/ are. They can't let anything go

>Legal to marry 1st cousins in islam
Like pretty much everywhere else tho.

Jesus have a little discipline and just eat less every day stop doing these fucking insane weight loss strategies like not eating any fucking calories for days on end.

Fuck.

I'm not a liar, kek. Your just a pussy.
Fasted for 5 days the first time too.

Why am I wrong because your weak?

never seen so much utter retardation in one post.

>drink as little water as possible otherwise it will cause you to retain all the water-soluble fats
>water-soluble fats
huh? fats are never water soluble, they're hydrophobic by nature.

>Also, you need to do high intensity exercise so that you're burning just the carbs and fat.
what carbs? you're fasting

>At high intensity, your body won't be able to burn the muscle
exercise breaks down muscle. you have little amino acids to repair the muscle since you aren't eating any from food, so if anything, exercise will decrease muscle mass more.

>Another tip is to wear lots of layers and raise your body temperature above the normal.
why? cold temperature actually increases your metabolism, helping to burn fat. not to mention that sweating while consuming little water (your previous advice) will lead to dehydration and subsequently death. he should be doing literally the opposite of what you're advising

>And maybe ease yourself into it by eating celery - calorie neutral but it keeps the stomach from shutting down and causing you to vomit constantly.
how does fasting ever cause vomiting? what a random claim

seriously, your post is full of absurd claims without a hint of science to back them up. I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's complete nonsense, please stop giving advice to people

And you respond too, what does that say about you? :^)

This is the single worst post in the history of Veeky Forums

>huh? fats are never water soluble, they're hydrophobic by nature.
Nah short chain fats can be dissolved in water, just not very well. MCTs too.

Also your bod can get very efficient at protein recycling although exercise can fuck this up a bit (which is why active people need more in general).

This won't help your argument but they're incredibly retarded so I doubt anything would, but thought you might find it interesting anyway.