Spend years wanting to get Veeky Forums

>Spend years wanting to get Veeky Forums
>Scared of going to the gym
>Everyones gonna think I'm a retard who doesn't know what he's doing.
>Finally fucking go
>Some woman's sitting under the bar using her hips to lift it.
>Literally looks like she's trying to fuck it.
>Half the people are just wandering around
>Some fatty is walking slowly on a treadmill in the back, stops every five minutes to stare at his phone.

If you're reading this wishing you could go to the gym but can't because of social anxiety or whatever just FUCKING go. Everyone there is probably just as retarded as you if not more cause at least you can check Veeky Forums for tips.

literally the exact opposite experience for me today
> first time in gym
> incredibly busy
> feels like everyone is swole af
> wait for 5 minutes to use squat rack
> get extremely self conscious because skeleton
> leave after 1 set because to embarrassed to wait for anything else

I think is the busiest day. Don't worry user I'm sure you'll make it.

I appreciate the encouragement, next time I go at a quieter time for sure

>only waiting 5 minutes

lol the shortest i usually have to wait for anything is around 30 minutes.

Kek, for some reason I first read "using her lips" and was a bit astonished. But yeah, no-one is going to really care what you do in the gym.

Yep, and then you just keep force yourself to keep going and it'll become almost automatic habit.

Now if chit-chatting the qt receptionist still wasn't so hard

Do NOT forget to tip the receptionist qt, not doing so is social suicide.

they're called hip thrusts you mong

>Some woman's sitting under the bar using her hips to lift it.

It's called a hip thrust, and it's a ligit movement for glute isolation. If you want sweet glutes, you too shall not make a mockery of it.

It really depends on what gym you go to, but there will always be a horde of people who are only there to appear like they're trying.

>friend of mine wants to get fit, and comes to me for advice
>He's a tub tub who can't figure out why women don't want him.
>Warn him about lifting for grills as main motivator
>Give him a routine, offer to be his gym bro to start him out
>He wants to do his own thing. "I found a bunch of stuff on reddit I'm going to do."
>Watch him make no progress
>"I'm so glad I started going to the gym, user. I'm getting in such good shape."
>That placebo effect

These are the people you'll be seeing a lot of. Don't worry, everyone looks, but no one cares.

>It's called a hip thrust, and it's a ligit movement for glute isolation

Are you supposed to put a pad underneath the bar then load it so much you can only do two before you sink back down, desperately trying to keep you're body taut enough that it doesn't drive you into the ground.

Holy shit I know that feel, my (fat) friend started coming to the gym with me, we were doing phraks greyskull and after about a week he decided he only needed to go heavy on his last set and that we would make better gains if we did the first two sets as "quick reps" with really low weights for 50 reps because "his sensi told him about it when he did kickboxing as a kid, it's a total secret people don't want us to know". So fucking frustrating...

Secrets that "they" don't want us to know?

Hahahaha, it's like those infomercials you see late at night advertising the ab-rocker or some dumb BS. At least you tried to help him out. You gave him a chance to make it.

>Feel the same
>Go to uni gym
>Full of 10/10s
>Girls are all lifting more than me
>Guys a putting up 2 plate bench minimum
>Little asian guy Ass-to-grassing 3 plates for reps

I benched 25 plate anyways because whateber

How does the saying go? Successful people surround themselves with other successful people? Keep going and eventually you'll be one of the dudes benching 2 plate easy.

25 plate? Fuck dude...thats 2295 pounds... Do they make a special bar for that?

is this genderbend shishio?

He made zero gains and gave up after a few weeks claiming an old injury (from kickboxing as a seven year old) had resurfaced and prevented him from working out, it's cool he is on a juice diet now and will totally shed his stubborn belly fat by summer...

yes, you animeposting trashman

the only ones doing the judging in gyms are the dyel noobs who are insecure about everything they do

It's Ashera from Strange Journey

yes. have you ever tried to grind out the last rep while doing heavy triples? first you tried mock a legit exercise, just because you didn't know it, despite having completely no idea about lifting, now you attack the 1RM percentage she was using. stop moving the goalposts for damage control, everybody already knows you're an idiot.

Calm down dude.