Lets talk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aaCTs8oeAh8
youtu.be/WMhJgdpj1d0
youtu.be/hzvT0vy5cjE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PRAY THE ROSARY

cmon /fitzens dont you meditate ?

you could do this, but if you aren't religious find a poem, list, or whatever else that notes the traits you want to have.

make reading it a part of your day.

personally I have a folder filled with high test qts a nice house, pictures of forests and ruins and a comfy home. It helps me remember why I work.

Of course, mental gains are as important as physical gains.

Based Sadhguru is what I listen to.

youtu.be/aaCTs8oeAh8

youtu.be/WMhJgdpj1d0

youtu.be/hzvT0vy5cjE

I've been trying to get into this lately

What’s the best time to meditate?

5am

anytime you want. Meditation should not be forced

25 min guided meditations on youtube are great. I've been trying to incorporate meditation into my life to bring balance and I have legit got control of my thoughts and had peace of mind doing these guided meditations.

I'm going into this the same way I did the gym, 4-5 times a week for the first 3 months just to make my first real gain. Hopefully by then i'll have my first real result.

Meditation has really helped me out mentally. It is nice to be able to wake up from this movie we feel like were stuck in, to take stock and realize that all that exists is the present moment. I have a constant stream of self-consciousness and anxiety pouring through me and being able to step back from that is a beautiful thing. I still don't know if life is worth it in the end but I feel better than I once did.

My favorite new thing is to go for a long run and listen to guided meditations. You don't have to sit like a yogi to get all the benefits, just think about your breath and the sensations you are feeling rather than getting seized by unconscious thoughts.

Doing it for almost a month. Became more calm. Also more easy to focus on studies etc.

How long do you do it for?

Wish I could find better guided meditations. Too many have a really weird voice or talk about chakra voodoo. The ones that are decent are really basic, just relaxing and nothing else. I'd like to find a good series of them to progress through that explore different parts of meditation

I've tried to start multiple times before that. Now I have about 24 days in a row.

Try Headspace app. It has free 10 days, and 30 day trial period for the complete course.

I don't understand, this looks like an interview. I want to get into this but you'll have to explain like I'm a little kid here.

No, I mean how long per session. An hour? Half an hour?

Should I convert to Sikhism guys?

>Have to keep sword with you at all times to protect yourself and others
>Told to be peaceful and kind but allowed to fuck others up if they're being assholes
>Their leader was a literal warrior poet
>Chant hymns during war
>Hate Muslims

Only downsides are you gotta keep a beard and have to be vegan. Any Sikhs on Veeky Forums?

Bump.

Do well user.

I've had a good experience with it so far. For a few years I've 'tried' on and off, but without any real structure and without any real focus, to no success.

It does take work. It's enjoyable when you do it right but you can't half ass it. It's like training any other muscle. You need to use good form, you need to be consistent, you need to give it time to develop and not rush it or give in when it doesn't solve all your problems overnight.

I also recommend the headspace app because it got me into it properly and got me to commit regularly to the practice and it's worked wonders.

In the few months I've been doing it what I've noticed most is a greater sense of calm and clarity and more control over periods of anxiety.

It's like having a big buffer of clear space between me and my thoughts. Instead of all that racket and anxious bullshit being right in on top of me, beating me down and getting into my body it's kept at a distance, off somewhere else, vague and observable and dismissible.

That 'buffer' extends into social interactions and academia as well. When I'm talking to people it doesn't feel like I'm tripping up over my words so much. It feels like I can slow down my thought process and be more deliberate, more relaxed and actually sit back socially and enjoy things rather than worrying about how I come across.
When studying concepts just seem to stick faster. I don't have to contend with all the other noise anymore so I can focus much better on the task at hand and work through things. It's great basically.

Just be prepared to put in the time necessary. It does take practice and patience. Also, don't go listening to too much 'advice' from people who meditate a lot. Many people out there treat their meditation as some kind of bragging rights street cred bullshit. It's a personal experience so don't listen to what people experience, listen to your mind and body and see how it manifests for you.

As far as religions go it's probs the best. Pretty much created to fight back against dickhead Islamists who were going round executing them for refusing to convert.

>Use to meditate 30 minutes a day
>When I was hardcore into meditation I would gain pretty strong, new mental powers
>Example, I was always completely in control of my emotions
>Completely observant, can understand and look at people and see what is causing them to do whatever in a way almost like how we can look at animals and see them reacting to things
>Calm in stressful situations, able to handle difficult tasks that would ordinarily cause me anxiety
>perspective on life becomes pretty great, little petty things bother me less, the big picture becomes clearer

stopped meditating for a year, got back into it like 6-8 months ago. still not as strong as it once was but I think its due to the current stressful situation I am in right now. will need to work on it though.

Sadhguru talks about his philosophies, but the best thing is that what he says makes sense. Meditation is important but having an understanding of your reality and self awareness is just as important.

If you are worrying about how long you have to meditate for then you are not meditating. The point is that you lose your sense of time and space. What may feel like two minutes might last two hours, or even two days. To achieve mental clarity is not like muscles for everyone it is different to achieve. Some take years and never others can do the first time and achieve it.

Nothing new to provide, just want to second everything this user is saying.

>be me
>get a bluetooth around-ear headphone
>try out binaural beats
>Delta brainwave
>25 minutes
>pic related
>go to sleep
>Get good sleep
>mfw this actually works

TWO APOSTLES CREEDS' CMON

bump

Guided meditation is like SS. Great way to start out but only a stepping stone. Once you transition to something like Zen or any other auto meditation you will never turn back once you truly learn how to practice it

I generally find I can focus better at night. However, meditating at the beginning of the day, after my workout but before work, helps me focus at work. So I would recommend before work, or before some other task. Plus if you commit to do it at the beginning of the day you're less likely to not do it, I think.

Yea meditation is great,
meditation combined with lifting and fixing my posture is doing well to cure my autism.

download the headspace app and do the 10 free days at your own pace then don't buy it, its a scam but meditate on your own copying the loose structure from the headspace trial.

The structure isn't too important but it covers the basics well.

Right after you wake up and right before you go to sleep.

Doesn't really matter though.

Meditation is good for the autist because they get overwhelmed easily.

You don't have to wear a beard and be a vegan. That's only necessary if you want to be baptised as part of the Khalsa

"The Khalsa (Punjabi: ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ; [xaːlsaː]) is the army of all initiated Sikhs represented by the five beloved-ones and can be called the Guru Panth, the embodiment of the Guru and the final temporal Guru/leader of the Sikhs. The word Khalsa translates to "pure". Another interpretation is that of being "Pure/Genuine. The Khalsa is considered the pinnacle of Sikhism.[6]:126 The Khalsa is expected to perform no ritual and to believe in no superstition of any kind but only believe in one God who is the Master and the Protector of all, the only Creator and Destroyer.[9]:72".

So all of the Turban, Hair, Sword, five Ks etc are only a requirement for Khalsa Sikhs, in general there are no requirements.

Taking the baptism would become an Akali Sikh

The Nihang (Punjabi: ਨਿਹੰਗ) are an armed Sikh warrior order. They are also referred to as Akali (lit. "the immortals"). Nihang are believed to have originated either from Fateh Singh and the attire he wore[2] or from the "Akal Sena"(lit. The Army of the Immortal) started by Guru Hargobind. Early Sikh military history was dominated by the Nihang, known for their victories where they were heavily outnumbered. Traditionally known for their bravery and ruthlessness in the battlefield, the Nihang once formed the irregular guerrilla squads of the armed forces of the Sikh Empire, the Sikh Khalsa Army.

Otherwise Sikh means "student", so according to the religion you are already Sikh. The Khalsa was created to protect those on the spiritual path, since Hindus/Buddhists/Jains etc don't have much military culture and need to be defended.

My entire family is Sikh and I only know like 3 vegetarians. Almost all of us have cut our hair, but some still pray from the book every day. Sikhism doesn't say you MUST live the way the Guru says, just that it's best for your own life to do so.

dump folder. I want pics of forests and comfy homes.

Pls dump. I would like something to look at that reminds me why I lift when I am low on motivation.

>Meditation is my last hope to cure my autistic thoughts

sitting in a room by yourself wont cure autism lmao