Low bar squat

what am I doing wrong Veeky Forums I feel like improved my form a lot but I still am getting back pain and knee pain and cant get hip drive on my squat

I feel like i'm too vertical but when I try and go horizontal I end up on my toes and the bar tips forward

What cues am I missing pls fit I'm trying deperately to get this squat to work I've been trying for months

What am I doing wrong ? ?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Becoming-Supple-Leopard-2nd-Performance/dp/1628600837/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Halp please fit

stop doing lowbar you down syndrome retard

Box squats yo.

Start with no weight at all. Do some chair squats. The same way you get up from a chair should be the same way you lower bar squat.

Another thing is to screw your feet in the ground. Like you are trying to move them out. This might help with your knee issues.

From the picture. It appears that you aren't moving the bar over midfoot. You need to deload and let go of your ego and learn to squat with proper form.

OP are you still here fagot? Cause I can break down the squat for you step by step if you'd like.

This is good advice, your knee pain is likely the result of poor hamstring activation
A cue that I like is trying to move the ground backwards, or downwards with my feet

Phase 1: Lift-Out (6-Inch Squat)

Anytime you take a barbell out of a rack, you have to set your shoulders and get your belly tight before adding a load to your spine. If you take the bar out of the rack and your spine is disorganized or your hips are in a bad position, it’s impossible to reclaim a good position. The first phase, which is essentially a 6-inch vertical squat, sets the tone for the rest of the lift. Most injuries and missed lifts relate to errors made in this phase, so it’s imperative that you do it right. If you don’t perform a good lift-out, reset the bar and start over. And make sure to set the rack to a height that allows for a good lift-out, which is roughly chest level. 1. Find a comfortable distance for your grip. I like to position my hands just outside shoulder width. As with stance, grip distance is different for everyone and is predicated on mobility and frame size. The key is to form a grip that allows you to create sufficient external rotation force and tension in your upper back and shoulders. Put simply, it allows you to keep your wrists straight and your elbows underneath your shoulders.

1. Find a comfortable distance for your grip. I like to position my hands just outside shoulder width. As with stance, grip distance is different for everyone and is predicated on mobility and frame size. The key is to form a grip that allows you to create sufficient external rotation force and tension in your upper back and shoulders. Put simply, it allows you to keep your wrists straight and your elbows underneath your shoulders.

2. Once you set your hands, create torque in your shoulders. To do so, pull back on the barbell and create an external rotation force by generating torque off the bar. Imagine trying to break or bend the bar with your hands. You can hook your thumbs under or over the bar. I prefer the thumb-under grip because it allows me to generate a stronger torsion force off the bar.

?

Not even OP but learn how perspective works. This isn't taken directly orthogonal to him. There's an angle. It's more or less over midfoot, maybe slightly on his heels, but that'll improve with practice. Also, OP might do well with high bar as well since his femurs aren't too long.

3. With your shoulders set and your upper back tight, step underneath the bar, positioning it somewhere on the mass of your deltoids, otherwise known as the spine of your scapulaWhether the bar is high or low, your goal is the same: create enough torque in your shoulders and tension in your upper back to maintain a good position. As you step under the bar, screw your foot into the ground to create a stable hip position. Take your time. The bar isn’t just riding on your back. You want to make it part of your body..

4. Step underneath the bar with your opposite foot and assume your squat stance. The goal is to create tension in your upper back and get your torso as vertical as possible. To do so, press your neck back into the bar, eyes level at the start. Then twist your arms, bringing your elbows down underneath the bar, pulling your shoulders back, and maintaining as much external rotation torque as possible. As you do this, squeeze your butt, get your belly tight, align your ribcage over your pelvis, screw your feet into the ground, and shove your knees out as far as you can.

5. With your spine in a braced neutral position, shoulders and back tight, and torso as vertical as possible, extend your knees and lift the weight out of the rack.

OP are you even with me? The next phase is The Walk Out before we get to the actual squat.

What does screw feet into the ground mean? If you mean put some rotational force, do I want it to inwards or outwards

Not him but I am

Which direction am I pulling back on the barbell? Could you be more specific with the directions of some of these forces?

it's some retarded concept some people came up with (possibly kelly starrett, at least that's the first time I heard about it). it's better to ignore it

Phase 2: Walk Back Walking with a significant amount of weight on your back is a tricky endeavor. This is why the lift-out is so important; it sets up the efficacy of the walk back. If you lift out with a disorganized spine, walking back is only going to make your bad position worse. To prevent this, execute a good lift-out and walk back in the same pattern every time you back squat. For example, after I lift the weight out of the rack, I always step back with my left foot, step back with my right foot, and then establish my squat stance. The steps are short and deliberate. Don’t walk 10 feet from the rack, look down at your feet as you establish your stance, or do anything that will compromise the stiffness of your trunk and upper back.After you’ve lifted the bar out of the rack, step straight back. The key is to take a short, straight step. Unless you’re transitioning into a wider stance, try to keep the same distance as your lift-out stance to reduce the variability of your movement. All the same rules apply: belly tight, spine neutral, and back and shoulders on tension.Step back with your opposite foot. Try to position your feet in your squat stance as you step back. The less you have to shift and adjust your stance, the better.

Try to imagine yourself bending the bar towards the front, like you are trying the wrap yourself with a blanket.

Phase 3: Squat

After you’ve taken the weight out of the rack, walked back, and established your squat stance, you’re ready to perform the third phase of the sequence: the squat. Aside from managing a heavier load and organizing your arms in a different position, you perform the back squat in the same manner as the air squat.

1. Once you’ve established your squat stance, squeeze your butt, screw your feet into the ground, and turn your knees out. Your shoulders and upper back should be tight, with wrists straight, head pressed back, and elbows positioned underneath or slightly behind the bar to support the load. Nothing should have changed from the lift-out phase.

2. Keeping your back flat and your shins as vertical as possible, reach your hamstrings back.

3. Still driving your knees out, lower into the bottom position until your hips pass below your knee crease or your thighs are parallel with the floor. To maintain hip stability, think about pulling yourself into the bottom position.

4. The moment you reach end range, stand up, keeping your spine, knees, and feet neutral.

5. As you stand up, squeeze your butt and reestablish the start position.

Outwards or as a lot of people put it, open up your knees.

For anyone that enjoyed these posts look up the following:
Movement-Gray Cook
Pain-Free Program-Anthony Carey
Advances in Functional Training-Mike Boyle

Most important and easy to understand IMO:

amazon.com/Becoming-Supple-Leopard-2nd-Performance/dp/1628600837/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

It only took me 45 seconds to de-censor your image, and another 10 minutes to find all your social media and personal info. Hope you like pizza, my friend.

Outwards. Also try splitting the floor if thay doesnt 'click' for you.

stop doing lowbar. you can squat heavy without lowbar.
train also your lowback+abs

Lmao
>lifting shoes when you squat 1pl8
>lifting shoes when you squat low bar
>lifting shoes when you dont even go below parallel
Kys
I hope cop outs who don't want to go ATg and learn how to brace all go to snap city so they can tell everyone "Squatting ruined my back, don't squat, deadlifts are so dangerous too!"

Please continue, this is great. Thanks user

pushing my hand on my knee and all the weight on one leg? Weird form desu fampai