Is protein powder a scam?

Seriously, you're paying $50-$100+ for a tub of what is really a by-product of cheese.

Why can't you just eat real food?

Yes but
1.hitting my macros purely from food is extremely inconvenient and limits my foodage only to what I prepare
2.pennies per g of protein it is cheaper than literally everything except the most anti-biotic riddled chicken thighs

Also who cares if a cheap source of incredibly high quality protein is a "by-product". I will eat powdered goddamn roaches if they had similar amino profiles and content

I also enjoy protein bars and low-calorie high protein ice cream, so fuck a cactus

>limits my foodage only to what I prepare
May not sound like a big deal to you NEETs, but if you have to eat on the go at work, or at a business meeting or a date or someshit, you don't want to look like a calorie counting macro-tracking autist (again, assuming a functional social life) so it is easy to supp your protein and worry about getting carbs and fats from normie food.

It's probably a placebo. At the very least, it's a cheap, healthy (or neutral) filler/meal replacement. So not really that bad.

Cheaper and better than ramen. I get mine for

depends, if I have a shit busy day with no team for meal cooking, I can still get 1.7-2g of protein per kg with a quick shake of whey and milk

but otherwise, if you're hitting your macros, then it doesn't do much good.

Muscle protein synthesis is directly causatively linked to blood content of lysine.

So if you eat primarily plant proteins deficient in lysine and other bcaas, you aren't maximizing protein synthesis rates

>protein is probably a placebo

the powder I take also has BCAAs

All protein has BCAAs in them. BCAA powder by itself just has like 85% fewer calories than whey protein powder, but it's more expensive.

I just stick to WPC.

Compared to food, there is no difference or it's neutral. Genes and other pharmaceutical products (read: steroids) have a much more drastic effect.

My post relates to OPs question if you read it, you dunce.

Its not a scam, but it is worthless for most people on Veeky Forums, and a lame attempt to feel like they are doing something to substitute how lazy they are with their lifting.

>Compared to food

It literally IS food.

OP never compared it to steroids or something retarded like that.

>OP never compared it to steroids or something retarded like that.

Maybe you're the retard, retard.

Here's your last (You), faggot.

Supplement is luxury, not necessity

because it's a good tasting alternative to a milk and egg shake

You need to stop posting, you're fucking retarded

>"Look Mom! I posted it again!"

protien power should have amino acids in it lmao you turd thats what "protien" is made up of and what is broken down into "amino acids" for your muscles you (((kike)))

You know, for all his talk of Shagadelic Space Vampires, Alex is right about the frogs.

I think most brand of protein powder are complete garbage (using low quality material and harmful chemicals for the whitening process).

Since i stopped using whey my acne has almost completely vanished (it's not proof of anything but i think there is a link).

The supplement industry has been funding fake research to prove you need a ridiculous amount of protein to build muscle when really it's more like 1,2g / kg of lbm

I'm on keto and i have no trouble reaching my 120g of protein a day without any supplement (i admit it's harder on a classic diet)

I go to the gym at 4am and there isn't any food you eat at that time of morning that could replace a protein shake.

Any health risks to drinking protein shakes every day for years?

(you)

none whatsoever