Why is metal the go to lifting music?

Seriously, what are you 15? Metal heads are faggots. Am I the only one who listens to EDM/house whilst training? Metal just sounds like pure shit to me, all the instrumentals sound the same, the vocals are cringe, and the lyrics are basically out of the columbine shooters' diaries... someone please explain the appeal of metal to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=df9_Efcu53o
youtube.com/watch?v=-f8rUiUeqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=8Llxqc-l2FU
youtube.com/watch?v=fbGSoUPf5p8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3njtQaf6s
youtube.com/watch?v=wnI3i0CONV8
youtube.com/watch?v=47dtFZ8CFo8
youtu.be/hlo2y4bb_ok
youtube.com/watch?v=9lFph9RXoBU
youtube.com/watch?v=jxt3dNr7LaU
youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6ggoUwE2w
youtube.com/watch?v=iSWwqbKG6Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=1nl917kZ5LI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's better than rap/trance/EDM

Low test beta detected

EDM and hip-hop here mostly. Also Spinnin is fucking shit these days.

metal is shit, and the only reason it's so popular here is because this board is populated by 16 year-olds. btw, you'll probably get a 24hr ban for this "off topic" thread.

Eat shit mate I've hit many a PR to house music, you sound like a fat bitch

-
-
-
-
You must be this high test - for metal.

testlets will never be able to listen to metal, and maximize their gains

>be OP
>be closed minded fag
>ask for recs to be less closed minded
>still gonna judge the rec with closed mind
tell your non-existant gains I said hi

Agreed, the only reason I used that image is cuz everyone pretty much knows Spinnin

I've listened to plenty of metal in my time, close minded I'm not. It's ok bud I was 16 and hated myself once too

> still using beta/alpha in your replies

What's it like being a living breathing meme.

I listen to mainly trap, hardstyle, big room house from 2013 and occassional bit of deep house. I get way more motivation from that then shitty metal.

>listening to edm

youtube.com/watch?v=df9_Efcu53o

You can enjoy your own preference of music without putting down other's. Grow up.

Seriously man, nothing like hitting a PR right at the drop. All the hormones and endorphins feel amazing

hardcore is much better lifting music than metal desu

LOL

EDM is for faggot bro steppers who are into it for the fad. Grow a pair and get into underground dark techno.

This is how I know you're underage b&

Balkan folk/traditional music is the true patrician's choice.

how will others know im better than them in my own mind tho?

Nobody over 20 listens to fucking EDM unless they do copious amounts of drugs.

You're also fucking ignorant if you generalize vocals in metal as if metal wasn't the broadest genre of music.

I'm 23 and I don't smoke drink and have never touched any narcotics so you can suck a dick man. I bet you look like play dough and swim with your shirt on

youtube.com/watch?v=-f8rUiUeqtk
optimal.

Eric will rape you and your family tonight.

Hardcore is just metal with more estrogen and shittier production

nah

youtube.com/watch?v=8Llxqc-l2FU

holy fuck this board is beyond the point of return. you're all fat neckbeards with pleb taste in music please kill yourselves

I listen to power metal maybe half the time. The other half I usually play Dance with the Dead, Perturbator, some Carpenter Brut and related.

But christ OP you're a fucking adult, you said you're the same age as me yet you're acting like a literal child what the hell. Just listen to your music, or be one of those guys who doesn't listen to music when they lift at all. Whatever works for you but what are you even doing with this thread?

Who u callin a neckbeard boy

I wanna know what goes thru ur mind when you hear a bunch of overgrown children screaming over muddy guitars fast double bass drums talking about dumb shit like violence rape and suicide. Where's the appeal?

i don't listen to hardcore normally, i like a bit of punk rock but that's about as heavy as i go. tried some hc in the gym one day and found it actually worked. lifts went up, felt motivated af. don't touch it outside the gym though. test it out.

Edm music is worse.. its litterally just fucking random repeated sounds with a strong bass.. you need drugs to enjoy that shit thats why most kids that go to raves and festivals always pop pills.... and now theyre stealing the headbanging and mosh pitting from the metal scene.... fucking normies i swear

At least it takes skills to play metal music... you dont need to even know music theory to make edm rave music .. shit is just random fucking sounds

I used to exclusively listen to EDM from ages 11 to 18. Now I'm 22 and I listen to metal. How do you explain this OP? EDM is for children

Most normie metal is garbage, especially the stuff you hear in lifting videos.
If you have good taste you'll listen to something like this

>EDM
Why do americans use this term?

I'm pretty much the same as you (listened to EDM back in my teenage days) except I'm a grown man who listens to Korean pop now.

What the fuck went wrong?

>Seriously, what are you 15?
>I listen to EDM
Holy irony batman. I don't even listen to metal (except Mastodon), but you're a fucking moron

>punk, indie, ska & hip-hop
>the my life has a constant Pro Skater soundtrack

Is hardcore the same as hardcore punk? Because I like some hardcore punk.
The album you linked sounds too clean and modern for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=fbGSoUPf5p8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3njtQaf6s
youtube.com/watch?v=wnI3i0CONV8

This is more what I like.

Try listening to old school EBM instead, makes it so easy to tune out everything else and just focus on moving. Industrial and DnB is fine too.

>edm

>>/r/eddit

Can confirm I'm 21 and do an insane amount of drugs most weekends

I listen to both. EDM, mostly dubstep and house, when doing upper body and metal for lower body/back.

THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!

I FLEW BEYOND THE SUN BEFORE IT WAS TIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE

look up on studies done on that

tl;dr aggressive music makes you aggressive so it's perfect for lifting. you feel more active and in the zone for lifting

>Am I the only one
Yes you're a very special boy, user. Very unique.

There are different types of metal that suit different tastes and ages. The fact that you listened to shit doesn't mean shit is the only thing that exists. Also, better metal is an acquired taste, like literally anything else. Btw, metal usually is on the top of complex themes/lyrics, genre-wise.

All in all, you're just a faggot contrarian like everyone else in this board.

this is the ultimate lifting music

>he listens to dance music
2003 called, they said you can keep their shitty music

>EDM
Depends what kind you like?
>the lyrics are basically out of the columbine shooters' diaries
nothing necessarily wrong with that

>Balkan folk
now this is for true alpha men

Only correct answer in the entire thread lol.

>Metal heads are faggots
>I listen to EDM
Lol, can't make this shit up.

>genres I don't like are for fags

Christ I knew a lot of you virgin fucks were 16, but at least try it hide it.

EDM wasn't even popular in America in 2003 you dumb faggot

nah senpai I lift to house bass and trance

The first time I hit 315 on bench, Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours was playing on the gym radio.

Is EDM a modern word for techno/trance or is it something new?
I also seem to remember something called "dance music" from the 90s/early 2000s, and it was already electronic?

Wonderful taste.

>not hitting PRs while listening to power electronics
>not doing cardio to field recordings and musiqe concrete

There was two years during school when I was younger I listened to crack the skye exclusively on a zune MP3 player every single day. It was the only album on the zune And I listened to no other music.

potent cringe

Nothing quite like doing a 20k run and listening to a good boiler room set

I listen to most music but I can't stand metal, I just don't get the appeal. Must be a white person thing

Used to lift to metal, but trance is pretty good for keeping me focused

edm just stands for electronic dance music, so yes trance, techno, house, etc. are subgenres
when that kind of music wasn't mainstream people called it by those specific subgenres or just ''dance''
now ''edm'' is used by obnoxious normalfags for obnoxious commercial crap

samo techno.

There's plenty of subgenres around, and like most things the commercial stuff is usually bad.
What have you heard?

>he doesn't listen to multiple genres
>he limits his own enjoyment of music by not listening to a certain genre

Im 45 and listen to metal since i was 13
At the gym i listen to Belakor, Insomnium, Amon Amarth, i cant stand the other music thats played in the gym or the top 40 ed sherean/jean paul crap, something nice and aggressive to help get the lifts up

I got headphones on, some other people in the gym also got headphones on, I don't give a fuck what they're listening to.

If you say you listen to "Edm" then most likely you listen to trash commercial stuff. It's only Americans that do this.

As for subgenres, hardstyle is where it's at.

this desu
>tfw I have deep house, rap, metalcore, hardstyle and hard rock on my lifting playlist

best deadlift song:
youtube.com/watch?v=47dtFZ8CFo8

Shit I just listen to anything that gets me to zone out. Anything with a consistent rhythm helps keeps me in check.

>not listening to metal inspired dubstep
youtu.be/hlo2y4bb_ok

Cuz ur asking Veeky Forums about this. This boards is the worst when it comes to music, well I mean there'll always be /mu/, still retards on here don't even differentiate genres in electronic music, probably don't in rock/metal too.
W/e hardstyle is the goat lifting music. It's not the best electronic music for sure, but if you go 12 bpms lower than hardstyle's, you'll be there.

hardstyle is what 17 year olds pretending to be a dead Kurdish/Australian stripper to compensate for their complete lack of personality listen to

>not listening to kpop for that sweet motivation

youtube.com/watch?v=9lFph9RXoBU
youtube.com/watch?v=jxt3dNr7LaU

Z O N D E R L I N G

I'm lifting in my homegym in my garden shack outside, so I enjoy the silence between the sets and exercises.

The few times I went to a gym I was really distracted by everything around me, so I can understand everyone who needs something to zone out.

>not listening to Gregorian chant

wow, she just looks like a white chick with dark straight hair at that point.

I listen to ITAOTS in repeat at full volume and backwards

>deadlifting
>right leg slips
>catch myself with my left and continually pivot around it using the momentum of the weights
>mfw listening to Eurobeat

>metal
>not powerviolence

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6ggoUwE2w

youtube.com/watch?v=iSWwqbKG6Zk

youtube.com/watch?v=1nl917kZ5LI

Am I austistic if I listen to Nightcore high BPM during workouts?

Yes

house? I love edm, I'm a tracekid at heart, but fucking hardstyle gets the lifts going. house and stuff is for cardio.

I listen to eurobeat for all my workouts.

nah you're good m8

Trap is also good

>not changing music genre every few months

I was listening to hardcore punk when I was 16 and stopped since then, got bored of it. now I'm 21 and the last months I was listening to classical music but now I've went to hardcore again, fucking goat on getting myself pumped(minor threat, black flag, gorilla biscuists, adolescents, etc.)

stop being an elitist and just listen to whatever you feel like

It's pretty good but far from the best.

Autistic? Yes.
Alpha male? Yes.

i like listening to hardbass

nothing gets me more pumped up than listening to the 2009 techno. that shit gets me pumped up and gives me a nostalgic feeling, perfect combo.