What qualifies as a cheat day by your standards?

What qualifies as a cheat day by your standards?

cheat meal -> ok
cheat day -> not ok

water is a cheatmeal for me

during football season ill take sundays off and eat wings and drink beer so I probably get something close to like 2500 on those days at least

also I view myself as "cheating" today cause I had chipotle but I got a bowl with chicken and went light on the dairies and even then it comes out to something like

I don't have them anymore because i realised it was just another autistic tendency I had in my life that I could do without.

I'm also clinically diagnosed with Autism. Just let that sink in, a real life legally autistic person thinks cheat days are autistic - does that make you at all rethink your decisions about having cheat days?

Cheat days always turned into limitless binge days so I just avoid doing them at all. I'll have food I like still but in small portions so it keeps me at a deficit.

I've lost 114 pounds doing this, cheat days are bad if you can't control yourself like me. Otherwise they're probably fine.

i like to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar

usually 8-10 of these will satisfy me

Apparently some of you aren't getting the purpose of the thread, I'm not asking if cheat days are acceptable or not, I'm asking people what qualifies as cheat day for them specifically.

Like , he drinks beer and eats some Wings, That's what qualifies for him as a cheat day. It doesn't have to be eating 20 doughnuts and some Deep Dish Pizzas.

For me a cheat day used to eat shitty food because I was eating good for a week or so then I stopped because its stupid to award yourself a whole day of eating bad.Now I just have a cheat meal every now and then

cheat day is whenever I eat fast food or processed shit

When I get high and eat lots of cookies, milk, 2-3 cans of coke and fried chicken. It rarely happens and I dont feel good the next day, which is really nice. No incentive to go overboard with it often

i think psychologically clarifying a whole day as a cheat day is inherently unhealthy. 80/20-90:10 is a good rule, just build a base that the vast majority of food you eat is healthy; then if you fancy some shit for dinner once in a while or go out to a restaurant or get smashed on a night out, it's water off a duck's back. once you start clarifying things as cheating etc, you're no different than when you ate unhealthily, you're just restricting yourself in an orthorexic way instead. you're living this way for the rest of your life, if you have a conditioned mindset of guilt and exceptionism around anything that falls outside of healthy food, that's no way to live. just eat your meat and veggies AND some chocolate if you want it, y'know.

I don't regard it as a cheat day, or a cheat meal.

I eat good food and stick within my calorie limits/deficit basically every day, but some days I eat crap because it's available (eating junk food/soda ata buddies). Even then, I count my calories, and make sure i'm either under my deficit, or at least at maintenance. In the last 4-5 months I have not ONCE gone over maintenance.

It's very simple. Eat however the fuck you like, but count calories. Generally speaking, healthier stuff is easier to count, and more filling.

Cheat day is three mcdonalds cheeseburgers and two medium fries. try to wash that down with as much water as i can

carne asada super burrito

Any deviation from my diet, eating a higher cal meal, eating at another persons house, taking a slice of cake at work etc.

Cutting right now, so all it means is that I'll be in a 500kcal deficit instead of the usual 1000

must feel good going down though

If you have designated cheat days you aren't going to make it.
This guy has it about right.
Once you actually know how to eat well there are no cheat days, because you eat well all the time.

I enjoy salad and chicken and and vegetables I don't feel like I need a cheat meal. If you know how to prepare and cook food properly then they can be as enjoyable as a high calorie meal.

I have some minor cheats and major cheats
Minor cheats are like occasional chocolates, fast food, sometimes alcohol and shit that I shouldn't eat regularly, but I still keep my caloric intake on point
Major cheats are when I surpass my aimed caloric intake, and those days I just dont care about what I eat and sometimes eat 1.5k over my aim, it helps me relax a lot more
Afterwards I usually balance it by eating less for a couple of days

the weekend

I do the second part sometimes, but not always.

But never over my caloric maintenance though. I'll eat up to it, but never over. And I've only eaten at maintenance one day in the last 3 months.

Afterwards, I cut down to 1200 calories intake for 2 days and felt fine.

>What qualifies as a cheat day by your standards?

Not going to the gym or doing any form of exercise/stretching, even if it's only a short walk.

I always eat roughly the same no matter what I'm doing, 80-90% healthy food with some unnecessary carbs/fats being a small but regular part of my day.

Skipping Cardio however always makes me feel guilty the next day.

Why would we care what some autist thinks?

300-500 calories extra since I'm recomping.

if you need all calories you can get to survive?
how is it cheat?

I have a cheat day once a month. It's my first Sunday of every month, I'll order a triple stacked meat lovers with anchovies, olives and mushroom for breakfast, and eat it throughout the day as I paint/play vidya.

Kek

True though I feel like autists would be the worst at telling if something is autistic or not

Ouch, burned.

anything above maintenance cals

I don't do cheat days anymore, have to keep it to just a cheat meal or I will consume 10k+ calories in the day.

I've been eating clean for about 2 years now and it still doesn't come naturally to me.

Two slices of pizza, 1 bar of chocolate.

>being so much of a mental weakling that you requie an entire day of shit eating just to stick to a 'diet'
you guys are awful at this

>more than 1 beer in a day.
>eating any candy, cake etc
>eating a burger menu or pizza
Generally going above 2500-3000 kcals (TDEE is 3350)

Looking at junk food

For me , a cheat day would be eating most of my normal meals then eating an entire pizza for dinner.

Boring, but I like it.

I don't do cheat days anymore. I would just end up eating a bunch of junk that wasn't even that good, and feeling sick from all the sugar.

A cheat meal one, or twice a week max is good enough for me. Usually it's just going out to eat with friends, and getting whatever sounds good without worrying about the macros.

I eat souvlaki once a week

but it's god tier for bulking, user

I don't need bulking family

when I'm bulking I can fit whatever food I like into my regular diet, so cheat days don't matter

when I'm cutting I cut hard for 6-8 weeks, then take 2 weeks at maintenance

When cutting I save "cheat meals" until occasions like when I'm at a good restaurant and don't want to be a fucking autist about what I'm eating and drinking. I eat healthily by default, so pigging out on crap food, sodas and candy resulting in 3000kcal meals has never been a thing for me. That way the occasional burger and drinking night doesn't do very much damage to my gains

An extra 500 calories

A nice xxl double cheese burger and a glass of coke. A 2000 kcal meal, every second Thursday. In order to keep it within limits, I don't eat anything else on that day.

Installing Tinder when I'm not seeing my gf that week.

A cheat meal when cutting is your maintenance, im eating like that at the moment for the finals of my 1st year of uni, I usually eat 1000 under and im fine but ive been feeling extremely tired due to exam stress (fall asleep at 11, wake up at 12, at 5pm feel fucking exhausted) and the extra calories really helped.

Before these exams I have been eating at a 1000 calorie defciit for over 4 months with no issue with "cheat meals" being 4 or 5 straight shots of whiskey while out with mates.

also, 6'3 200 lb user, cutting at 2150 cals... had hunger pangs and got up to 3100 calories last night... forgive me Veeky Forums... i dont even have cheat meals usually..

flavored protein

Eating at maintenance

I agree with this

Oh you cheeky devil
>sensiblechuckle.gif

I build donuts/cookies and shit into my plan from the start.
I don't need to "cheat" if I'm eating right.

I don't do those anymore, after a while you don't even miss eating that garbage. I do get completely shitfaced once every week/ 2 weeks so you could consider that my cheat day.

if I get to maintenance (~3300) or higher, then it's a cheat day.
I try not to exceed 2000 on a normal day, though

>Thinks cheat days are autistic.

Everything you think is autistic, brother.

> had a cheat weekend

>80/20-90:10

Amen.

t. pretty autistic guy, btw

kys

I don't even have cheat meals, let alone a whole day

Why are normies so weak willed? Anyway if I did have a cheat day it would be like an extra piece of fruit or vegetables

Eating 400 below mantainence instead of 1200 below and paying no attention to nutrient balance.

aren't these deficits a bit too much for optimal muscle sparing? or it doesnt matter to you guys?

>wake up from a fasting yesterday
>take mind altering substance of choice on empty stomach
>wait until it kicks in
>binge on fruit
>talk to the dragons in the kitchen
>go with the parrot and find the hidden treasure
>more fruit
>pet trees
>ice tea and chill time
>chase the spiders away
>brush teeth with an avocado
>go to sleep

either

1 cheat meal a week

or

1 cheat meal a month

*1 cheat day a month

Any day where I don't eat exactly what I think was best for me.

So if I have shredded wheat instead of oats just because I'm not hungry for oats, that's a cheat meal

Desperate times and desperate measures. I know it's going to mean more work later, but I need to get my body under control right now.

underappreciated post

Are you asking or suggesting

Pizza which I have everyday since I'm Chad.

i get two mcdoubles and one medium fry desu

Eating above my deficit but below my TDEE

A cheat day is fine if it's not really any more frequent than once every 3 weeks at least. Some people spend every weekend eating and drinking like shit, then wonder why they gain weight.

I'm on keto, but sometimes, usually once a week, I get Indian food with a piece of naan. I'm always below TDEE even when cheating though,so I don't feel terribly bad about it.

The amount of calorie cutting in this thread is astounding

People cutting at 1200 calories a day? Unless you're fat af and want to lose a fuckton of weight in very little time, I dont see how you could avoid anything but skelly mode.

I have at least 2 "cheat days" a week where I go out and drink. All my other days are pretty much directed around these days by eating ~1800 calories (pretty easy to achieve but I often say fuck it and hit around 2k-2.2k) and I'm happy af with my physique - swole with a six pack and lifts steadily going up

kek

Cheat day is eating above maintenance and not looking at macros.

Refeed day is eating at maintenance.

Tenders box from KFC. Worth mentioning that unlike america, KFC in Australia is incredibly good

FOUR squares of 75% cocoa chocolate is cheating for me

>I go out and drink
>2017
>drinking alcohol

ishygddt

Its really not

but cheat days are not autistic.
That does not make any sense.

Varies from each restaurant I suppose, the one down the road from me is good, when I went to america they all sucked, menu was garbage and the food standards over there are trash in comparison to Australia.

Hmm just one really decadent meal. Like a fried seafood platter from a local restaurant. In the past I'd order a pizza and eat it all day. Nowadays, I cheat with something smaller like a store bought cheesecake slice. Or a bag or 2 of chips.

Hey mate
Help me get a qt Sheila at uni