Do you think Japan will ever drop the autistic Chinese alphabet for good?

Do you think Japan will ever drop the autistic Chinese alphabet for good?

I hope not

this
That's like asking if French will ever drop their baguettes and croissants. Not gonna happen.

I hope so.

Hiragana/Katakana are good enough.

I really cannot understand how old-world people can live not being able to go 50 kilometers in any one direction without learning 40 languages.

Asia has entire different scripts almost for every language, fucking hell just why.

just be thankful for qin shi huangdi unifying the chinese scripts

If anything it also works as a barrier for outsiders and fuckers who would have much easier time infecting, alienating and corrupting their societies if it were easy to learn their languages.

Imagine being the Mongol. They had to communicate with the Chinese, the Turkic tribes, the Indians, the Japanese, the Koreans, the Russians, the Romans, the Arabs, etc.

It used to be like this in the Americas before the invaders came.

I hope not otherwise I've wasted my time learning all this shit.

Do japs have to actually look up Kanji anytime they run into a new one?

>the invaders
The violent tribes who pillaged the original native tribes?

They didn't communicate with anyone, they just killed them.

Considering the absolute state of Asia, you really do understeand why they just let swords do the talking.

They're actually quite the diplomat. However they are more renowned for their "sword" because diplomacy isn't sexy for commoners.

You'd think it would be easy, since they already have a sound based writing system that they use everyday. But for some reason they only use it for some words instead of the whole language even though it would work fine. So they instead have to know three entire writing systems to function in society.

?
America belongs to Amerindians.

Your mom belongs to my dick.

Chinese script is great. It would be a much superior world language than English - precisely because it would allow every ethnicity to adopt a universal writing system, instead of having to learn a completely foreign language some time in their life.

they don't own the land

>stolen land
Wrong. America belongs to Amerindians.

Yeah, the whole world should be a bland homogenised culture like America, great idea.

Argentina, Mexico, Spain and the Philippines (pre americanization) all spoke the same language and yet were and are incredibly different.

he's a burger. forgive him for his mental retardation

no, it's ingrained in their culture. scholar misinterpretations of chinese script and all

Argentina and Mexico are the exact same shit.

t. Burger