Are protein smoothies good to replace meals?

Are protein smoothies good to replace meals?

They're better as a supplement

Yes as long as
>It's not every meal
>You still get your micronutrients
>There's enough protons/carbs/sugars to keep you alive and healthy

If you mean
>Can I have 3 shakes a day and never eat
The answer is no

IN-BETWEEN MEALS
not
INSTEAD OF MEALS

they can be. your pic isn't "protein smoothie" though, it looks like a fruit smoothie. which can be fine, as long as you didn't put like 40g of sugar/fruit into it. protein powder is overpriced meme though, if you want to throw something in the smoothie add chia seeds or something- better nutrition than shitty protein powder

how is it not a meal if it has all the macros and micros of your regular meal you dense faggot

>Protein powder is overpriced meme
Im sick of this meme.
Where can you get 21g of protein for 23p?
That's what I thought.

to replace a meal, yes depending on what you put in there
do this and you're fine
>2 scoops
>1 scoop oats
>250ml milk
>100g berries
>40g peanut butter
you'll have about 75g of protein, 50g of carbs and 35g of fat

because it never does, you infinite retard.

if you think a protein shake has the same macros and micros as a meal (say, chicken with rice and vegetables), then I don't think there's anything I can say to convince you of the opposite. I'd just recommend that you read up in general.

Not the infinite retard
But wouldn't a multivit plug the holes in that plan?

>"what if i account for x?"
"NO. NEVER. FUCK OFF. YOUR MATH IS WRONG."

Not OP but I felt like this is a good place to post my diet for rating. I'm a college student so I'm shooting for the most efficient diet with the least amount of time spent cooking. So far this is what I eat every day, and I prepare everything at dinner.

Breakfast/Lunch, split into 2 shakes
-----------------------------------------------
2.5 cups frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries mix
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2-3 cups of Greek yogurt
2 bananas
1 avocado
3 cups spinach
2 scoops protein powder
2 spoons peanut butter
1 cup oats

Dinner
-------------------------------------------------
5 oz chicken
4 eggs
Milk

And throughout the day I have
1/2 cup salted almonds
1/2 cup salted peanuts

a protein shake isn't just water and whey retarded... i bet any good smothie has more micro and better macros than rice chicken and brocoli, berries has lots of vitamins, peanut butter has protein and good fats, whey has good protein, oats are amazing carbs, banana has a lot of potassium that helps your recovery and any, i also add kale to the smoothie, it has almost the same proprieties as brocoli, barelly has any taste on the smoothie

if you're on a cut it may work, but if you're trying to mantain muscle mass you're gonna need more protein during the day

only to an extent. you would still need to supplement different kinds of dietary fibers, essential fatty acids, biologically active vitamin c, heme-iron for optimal uptake, et c.

just because it's possible doesn't mean that it's cost-effective, or practical.

>berries
>peanut butter
>banana
>kale

it's almost like eating actual food helps you cover all the essentials

>it's almost like eating actual food helps you cover all the essentials
yeah, real food is the point, but a smoothie is also lot easier to chug than to eat everything thats in it, my breakfast is a huge smoothie, it takes me literally two minutes to make and drink it

yeah, me too. it's great for when you need to have something on the to.

*on the go

>I can't imagine a "meal" in liquid form that contains something more than whey protein
and yet I'm the retard
"welcome to Veeky Forums" I guess

Speaking from personal experience, they're pretty good for meal replacements. I skip breakfast everyday, and I have a smoothie for lunch about 3 days a week (I don't do it too often because nothing can beat an actual meal). I usually don't do a protein smoothie though, I drink protein powder on the side because the kind I have tastes like absolute ass and ruins the smoothie.

If I make a smoothie, drink a good amount of water, and eat it with a small serving of nuts or something, it usually keeps me full for a surprising amount of time. Of course, you should definitely try it out and see how it works for you OP. Don't replace too many meals with smoothies though, real food is good.

A good one is banana, greek yogurt, kale, peanut butter, and protein powder. It sounds gross to have peanut butter and kale together but all the other flavors overpower the kale and it ends up tasting pretty awesome. Have fun user.

to make the protein shake more of a food shake by adding actual foodstuff - and bringing it closer to an actual meal? brilliant.

Enjoy your diabetes.

what's so terrible about that...

nothing at all. it just much closer to an actual food-based meal than a mere "protein shake".

Just use real food for ingredients and youll have an actual meal replacement

delet this

Yes

Not really. I usually drink half before my work out, then half after

They don't fill you like a real meal does and you need more than just fruits and veggies. They are important but you will miss out on a shit ton of minerals and vitamins you can only get from grains or meat