Salty

Looks like we were dead wrong about salt after all. High salt diet == moar gainz.

nytimes.com/2017/05/08/health/salt-health-effects.html?_r=0

Other urls found in this thread:

jci.org/articles/view/88532
jci.org/articles/view/88530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

w-what..??
is this a fucking joke or what?
salt makes literally the most tasteless SHITE eatable. and ONLY NOW I discover it has ZERO FUCKING CALORIES??

is google wrong?

>muh sodium
who gives a dusty FUCK about water weight.
0 fucking calories man, it's too good to be true

enjoy it breh

Are you retarded? Ofc it has no calories. It's literally Sodium and Chloride ions. How the fuck do you expect your body to generate energy from that?

what's the downside?

>Excess sodium increases blood pressure because it holds excess fluid in the body, and that creates an added burden on the heart. Too much sodium will increase your risk of stroke, heart failure, osteoporosis, stomach cancer and kidney disease. And, 1 in 3 Americans will develop high blood pressure in their lifetime.

I do an hour of cardio every other day. what is stopping me putting salt on all my food
wtf i love salt now

>who gives a dusty FUCK about water weight.

Everybody should. It's why you look like a man baby.

holy shit how fucking dumb are you lmao

I would happily carry more water weight for the duration of a cut in exchange for good tasting food
explain

>I would happily carry more water weight for the duration of a cut in exchange for good tasting food
I guess you didnt read the article because the whole point of what they were trying to say was that salt causing water retention was a myth and in fact you drink less AND burn moar

not knowing its 0 calories is laughable. you must be trolling

What are you talking about OP? The study says that high salt intake promotes muscle breakdown. I guess nobody read the article?

> Sure enough, the more salt he added to the animals’ diet, the less water they drank. And he saw why.
>
> The animals were getting water — but not by drinking it. The increased levels of glucocorticoid hormones broke down fat and muscle in their own bodies. This freed up water for the body to use.
>
> But that process requires energy, Dr. Titze also found, which is why the mice ate 25 percent more food on a high-salt diet. The hormones also may be a cause of the strange long-term fluctuations in urine volume.
>
> Scientists knew that a starving body will burn its own fat and muscle for sustenance. But the realization that something similar happens on a salty diet has come as a revelation.

> But if balancing a higher salt intake requires the body to break down tissue, it may also increase energy expenditure.
>
> Still, Dr. Titze said he would not advise eating a lot of salt to lose weight. If his results are correct, more salt will make you hungrier in the long run, so you would have to be sure you did not eat more food to make up for the extra calories burned.

> And, Dr. Titze said, high glucocorticoid levels are linked to such conditions as osteoporosis, muscle loss, Type 2 diabetes and other metabolic problems.

> She and others have not abandoned their conviction that high-salt diets can raise blood pressure in some people.
>
> But now, Dr. Hoenig said, “I suspect that when it comes to the adverse effects of high sodium intake, we are right for all the wrong reasons.”

So in short, a high-salt diet will:
- cause you to loose fat, but also
- cause you to loose muscle-mass
- also enjoy your osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and other metabolic problems

you only get beetus and osteoperosis if you have absolute shit tier genetics

eat high salt when cutting
easy

yeah, nothing better than a little extra muscle loss while cutting

the article says a high salt diet = 25% moar calories burned. Its worth it desu. Muscle memory and all that. Also, ottermode.

>Implying I don't replenish with plenty of dairy and meat
>Implying I even like sweets enough to get beetus
>Implying above average blood pressure is inherently bad

Bruh, do you even realize that people who eat low salt diets die as early and often as people who eat extremely high salt diets?

Why the fuck do you science-denying liberals have to be so god damn polar? Just be in the middle you fucking cuck faggot.
>I guess nobody read the article?
I'm not paying to read liberal bullshit. Zero articles left this month (apparently I read more than zero?).

The article didn't say anything about low salt diets (and neither did I), just about high salt diets.

> I'm not paying

It just let me read it without a paywall. Either way, there you go, I copy-pasted the most important bits for you, you're welcome.

the TL;DR is still that the studies found the exact opposite of what OP claims; high salt intake promotes muscle breakdown.

>I'm not paying to read liberal bullshit.
stfu poorfag

Would you pay for Breitbart access? Probably not, since even though you're calling me a poorfag, you're probably getting your income from the government.
Can you link the actual study referenced?

Salt is shit tier spice

You want some shit
Put pepper
put fucking red pepper flakes
put fucking garlic
use oregano

FUCK
SALT
ITS
GAY

>FUCK
>SALT
>ITS
>GAY

Faggots believe this.

Animals don't search for pepper deposits.
Animals don't search for garlic deposits.
Animals don't search for garlic deposits.

They DO search for salt deposits. Please know what you're talking about.

but, do animals search for garlic deposits?

jci.org/articles/view/88532
jci.org/articles/view/88530

seem to be the main papers

>quite a few "EAT MORE SALT" threads recently
>like with the cheese threads linking retarded articles
>25 posts 11 IPs
Hmmm

I do low to no-carb plus a lot of stims, so ive to eat a lot of salt or im pissing every 5 minutes

I love this guy

Don't think it's shilling. If it was, the article would be specifically about kosher salt (oy vey, purest salt molecules from the dead sea goy!)

>In line with the catabolic nature of urea production and nitrogen mobilization in muscle, we found increased AMP and ADP levels in skeletal muscle in HS+saline mice

>In contrast to liver, skeletal muscle metabolism in HS+saline-fed mice was characterized by catabolic substrate and fuel exploitation with extrahepatic urea generation (Figure 4), glucocorticoid receptor activation, muscle protein breakdown and autophagy (Figure 5), exploitation of muscle amino acids (Figure 6), and provision of muscle nitrogen and pyruvate via the alanine-glucose-nitrogen shuttle for urea production and ketogenesis in the liver (Figure 7)

>Furthermore, HS+saline induced a quantifiable reduction in lean body mass in the animals as soon as an increase in food intake, to compensate for the salt-driven catabolic state, was not permitted during pair-feeding

Retard

Seasoning in general is low in calories. Salt is literally a mineral, your body can't convert that into energy