OHP day tomorrow

OHP day tomorrow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hurt my lower back doing OHP. Please help how do I get OHP form without hurting myself

Odd, it seems to always be my upper back that does out of alignment with OHP.

Buff guys might help for a quick look. You'll need the Rippletits videos for more in depth.
youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I

you are sticking out/tilting your pelvis when you lift. reduce weight. each time you do a rep reset yourself. you want to lock in your core and keep your spine (including lower back!!!!) as straight as possible. then you OHP. reset your position and repeat.

pic related

Hey
I do shoulder tomorrow too

I first do 6 sets of BNP and then 6 sets OHP

Whenever I try and do OHP I get a really bad headache. I just can't keep the dumbell balanced right and it sorta digs in just at the top of my neck. I thought about switching to kettle bells because the shape would be more comfortable but then I'd need some sorta strap to keep them in place.

I get those feels bro.

Ohp is one of my favorites, just feels satisfying lifting something up over your head. Will hopefully be doing 1pl8x5 by next week

Injured my shoulder doing ukemi's and its been 2 weeks without anything shoulder related exercises, feelsbadman.

I strained my back and was out for a few weeks after poor-form OHP, to where I haven't wanted to risk doing it again while trying to fix form. I just do it sitting down now.

Had a successful OHP workout, then overtrained like an idiot and hurt a tendon in my arm.

I just want to be stronk

use your lats and glutes

Bench press is my favorite. OHP isn't bad, though I like deadlifts more. I hate squats.

You are not squeezing your core into a tight package, its loose and lets your lower back take the load. Squeeze your butt, lats and abs and try be very tight around your middle torso when you press over your head so that you dont lose any power.

Thanks my dudes

>OHP day tomorrow

I'm hyped, gonna hit 100lbs

I stole this idea from scooby. I nick a stool nobody's using and lean back to the wall to keep my back straight for ohp

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Of the three "big lifts" Bench press is the fucking best, squats are the fucking worst, deadlifts are the fucking hardest.

And you need to do all three.

We are one, you and I

Same. I really strained my shoulder and rested for 2 weeks, then did light work for a week focusing on building stabilizing strength in my back and shoulders and then on week 4 I am lifting heavy again. After that first heavy week back my shoulder felt way better.

Remember that exercise is good for healing as long as it isn't painful and isn't tendonitis. Jut pay attention and know your limits

How long you been lifting? No judgement just curious.

Also nice work, user.