Which was the best functioning democracy in History?

Which was the best functioning democracy in History?

ancient greece

corrupt

killed plato

Switzerland, the Italian oligarchic republics functioned pretty well although I don't know if you could consider them democracies.

>A democracy
>Corrupt

No shit? Democracy itself is a symptom of corruption. To say that a democracy is corrupt is like saying "water is wet", or "feces smell like shit".

Antebellum America - before the dark times, before the Empire.

>the attempt on the twin towers has left us scarred and deformed
>in order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the republic will be reorganized into the first american empire, for a safe and secure society

Implying the US hasn't been an empire since 1898

It wasn't a constitutional democracy that guaranteed freedom of speech or anything like that. It was a democracy in the sense that the citizens had equal voting power and that the legislative and judicial processes were controled by these voters. If 51% of the citizens decided that 49% of the citizens should be enslaved or killed, that would be lawful.

"Ancient Greece" wasn't a democracy you brainlet.

Plato had it coming.
Which is why it was functional.

You know what he meant don't be a brainlet.

The United Kingdom, and I'll stand by that.

did I just see you using a knife to cut a steak wanker?

Fifty years late there friend.

>>Mention a democratic government that has successfully functioned in giving representation to its citizens (Freemen, slaves, and in some societies, women, don't apply)
>>Someone replies with an incident that had to do with the government interfering in someone's life
>>"LOL see? Shit's broken"

The Swiss.

*tips che guevara like bonet*

they killed socrates, not plato.
plato died of old age during a wedding or a banquet

it was because he hated democracy right?

>democracy
>good

Modern Day India

see

they said he was 'corrupting the youth' which meant something like fucking them and telling them to kill their parents

>Encouraging those who breed the most instead of those who accomplish things

The Isle of Man? It's been a democracy for a thousand years now.