Can we talk about posture?

Can we talk about posture?

I just got back from the chiropractor. Looks pretty bad.

>pic related

yes goyim pay us 5000 to fix your uhh problems

He took x-rays. I was literally able to see my spine twisting.

>paying someone else to crack your back when you can just look up tutorials on youtube to do the exact same procedures

>going to a health equivalent of a shady mechanic
C'mon

Chiropractic is "alternative" medicine, just so you know.

>Chiropractor
>medical professional

Pick one

>risking permanently fucking your back up just because you want to dude save money lmao

Is this bait or did you really fall for a quack?

Just do yoga and stretches at home

>mfw I first try this and my entire body cracked as years of tension was undone

>12 subluxations

each of your fucking shoulders, knees, elbows, and aceatabularfemoral joints are subluxed?

nigga there's a reason chiros are painted as shady fucks. it's cause they're shady.

Ok, well given the backlash, what should I really do?

My back is definitely in pain, my posture is fucked, and I might even have minor scoliosis.

Can yoga help with all that?

stretching, squats, and deadlifts will help infinitely more than the chirojew

Physiotherapist or kinesiologist (preferably one who has some kind of certification for FMS and/or corrective exercise).

Go to a physiotherapist man. They have an actual University education.

12 + 4 = 14?

Go to a real doctor. There's a guy for bones and a guy for muscles ... I think. They should sort you out.

They're designed to do that idiot. It's why you have vertebrae.

>OP never said that he didn't think that the spine could twist or that this is not the purpose of vertebrae

nice assumptions user, i'm going to assume you are a skinnyfat dyel

Where do i start?

Like my shoulders are twisting, genius.

Won't trying to do heavy lifts with fucked up form do more damage and possibly send me to snap city?

Chiropractors are snake oil salesmen.

There's a good simpson's joke about chiropractors: "chiropractic is just a series of small adjusments we'll be making for the rest of your life"

They are not medically trained, they don't know shit about anything, and they will lie to your face to get you to pay exorbitant amounts of money for bullshit that does nothing. If you want real help for a real problem see a Physical Therapist, a person who has a graduate degree in medical sciences.

Chiro's aren't doctors.

My neighbor went to a chiropractor for a back adjustment. Ripped one of his vertebral arteries and he's paralyzed from the waste down.

Life lesson: Medical professionals are highly trained for a reason. Chiropractors are not medical professionals

waist god damnit

the good ones often are.

Honestly, chiropractors tend to be super hit or miss. There's not a whole lot of regulation and standards towards their work so you have ones that don't know anything except twisting your back and some will have very indepth knowledge of the back bones and muscles, will be able to stretch and crack your back, help your posture, even give you exercises to correct your posture depending on what's happening with you. If you know this chiropractor is good then it's worth it, otherwise take your money and spend it on a massage from a qt ladyboy in chinatown.

I would risk them further injuring my back since they know what they're doing. Wow I mean they are alternative medicine !

>chiropractic is just a series of small adjusments we'll be making for the rest of your life
I have a disc bulge. it causes me constant pain, I went to a chiro 2 times. Everytime I'd leave I would be in pain 30 minutes after i got home. I never went back. I am currently just doing conservative methods and pt. DO NOT GO TO A CHIRO

LOSE YOURSELF

My advice to you would be to get a second opinion from a physiotherapist at best or at the very least to take these findings to your doctor and get a review. I have my own opinions about chiropractic care, but if someone's going to make this dramatic of a diagnosis then the least you can do is get a second opinion.

t. Physio

>he goes to the chiropractor