Nicotine for diet

dose anyone use nicotine to lose weight, smoking, vaping, gum, patch? is the risk worth the reward?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21491296
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/
researchgate.net/profile/Herve_Porchet/publication/19765335_Benowitz_NL_Porchet_H_Sheiner_L_Jacob_III_P_Nicotine_absorption_and_cardiovascular_effects_with_smokeless_tobacco_use_comparison_with_cigarettes_and_nicotine_gum_Clin_Pharmacol_Ther_44_23-28/links/53eb64230cf2593ba7087b80.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. I use a Juul. It's 54(?) ml of nicotine. Gets you buzzed as a mother fuck. Whenever I have food cravings I hit it and it usually goes away. I go through about 4 pods every two weeks and they are about $15 USD for 4 pods. When I finish my cut, I get about headaches for about 3 days and they go away and I don't use it for the next time I cut.

>Inb4 poison. Fuck off

How about instead of getting an addiction learn what self control is, it will get you infantly further than nicotine ever will

Not worth it. I had no problem losing 80 lbs, pulling myself out of depression and video game "addiction" and generally have deent willpower. Nicotene addiction is on a whole other level. Switched to vape and feel a lot better than when I was smoking, but its still infuriating to be dependent on something external, plus I don't like spending the money.

Quitting on Thursday, wish me luck.

>That feel when you satisfy an addiction
It's like scratching an itch, literally. Feelsgoodman.

why not get a proper vape
Do you life in a country where refillable tanks are illegal or something
I ask in all seriousness, since I think there are a few where that is the case.

Fuck that quit today

>quitting thursday
you're vaping
why not just gradually reduce the nicotine content until 0

I vape nicotine for the benefits, best delivery method except maybe gum. Gums expensive.

Coffee pretty similar in a lot of aspects, also reduces appetite, risks and rewards.

I refill my own. I don't really like other vapes to be honest. The juul is my favorite vape. Small, gets me buzzed, easy to charge. I'm not a huge vaper, I like cigars more. But pods go bad after 2-3 refills.

I know you're right, but I'd still rather not be around people and I'm off Thursday.
Using the pre-filled pens at the moment, I'd rather not buy a system that I"ll end up keeping around when I feel I'm close to quitting. I'll try that if this attempt doesn't go well.

i find it so fucking stupid how people seem to weigh the benefits having enough merit to actually rationalize their usage. i heard meth can actually help you lose weight, cocaine might give you a better energy boost than coffee, or maybe I take some heroin instead of a proper sleep aid, cus you know, big pharma.

now i get it, i'm comparing hard drugs to something rather much more trivial, but the point remains the same. as there exists alternative solutions that would work 10x, fuck, 10000x better than taking nicotine for whatever benefit you seem to have your head wrapped around.

>Quitting on Thursday, wish me luck.

just saying, simple refillable vapes can be found for around $20 bucks, got a joyetech AIO for travelling and it's a nifty little thing for $25 CAD. Y'know, keep it in mind if cold turkey gets a little rough.

thanks, I'll keep it in mind

Nicotine reduces circulating estrogen (the female sex hormone) levels and leads to early onset of menopause in women.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21491296

Pros

Amazing for cognitive enhancement
Is relaxing and stimulating at the same time
Increases motivation
Increases wakefulness

Cons

Can be addicting
May increase tumor growth
May cause nausea
May increase risk of H Pylori infection

Wow those huge cons. Red pill me on nicotine.

You need to lower your nicotine dosage and learn how to make your own juice. Look up todd muller e juice calculator. Order all supplies from myfreedomsmokes.com

You need nicotine. Flavoring. Pg and VG. some blunt syringes.

>Not using Nicotine to enter ALPHA BRAIN STATE
Nicotine is capable of significantly changing the electrical activity in the brain (R, R2).

Nicotine puts users into an alpha brain wave state, which is characterized by effortless alertness, attention and creativity (R, R2, R3).

Nicotine also increases wakefulness, mood and motivation via activating orexin.

Nicotine increases activity across both hemispheres of the brain, also known as bilateral neocortical activation (this is a good thing) (R).

Nicotine improves brain activity in users by enhancing activation in areas associated with visual attention, arousal, and motor activation (R).

Nicotine increases activity in the following regions of the brain: parietal cortex, thalamus, caudate, and occipital cortex (R).

Nicotine constricts your blood vessels and causes problems with micro circulation, so slightly worse muscle recovery, though you may grow more capillaries to offset it. You should probably cut out nicotine when recovering from joint or tendon injuries though, they don't get nearly as much blood anyway.

Even then, the studies I looked at found that nicotine probably doesn't have a long term negative effect on the cardiovascular system.

As a stimulant, it probably isn't great for quality of sleep. Other than that, it's probably mostly beneficial so long as you don't mind addiction and don't face situations where you have to deal with withdrawal.

>infantly
>infant

I've been smoking for 2 months, just as I started to cut on sweets and sodas. I could easily survive on 4 cups of coffee and 2 cigs to go with it for 8-10 hours a day. So majority of days have been like this: protein shake with some peanuts, 4 coffees + 8-10 cigs, and some low carb meal in the evening. Lost 7 kgs in 2 months. No exercise whatsoever. Its not much, but I'm happy. Now I'm 172 cm and 75 kg. Stopped smoking a week ago.

> Tfw you realise how many retards don't realise nicotine isn't the same thing as a cigarette.

These are the people offering you advice.

I think the main concern in consistently using nicotine is that it's a powerful global inhibitor of apoptosis: it defeats your primary tumor protection mechanism and renders any tissue unable to destroy precancerous cells before they become tumors the way healthy tissues can.

I get an insane heartburn from too much nicotine and then i end up over eating to quell that heart burn. Not everyone reacts the same, just remember that.

> t. I google scholared nicotine until I came up with a study that had a result I could regurgitate that would make me look smart.

lol

I have a PhD in molecular biology, but cute.

I work in cancer biology still, but you're under no responsibility to take my advice.

Nice

Link your paper.

> in b4 no reply

Losing weight and stop being a lazy fuck is much MUCH easier than getting over nicotine addiction

I heard Nicotine inhibits conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen, but couldn't find much reliable stuff.

Anyone have any input? Talking about nicotine specifically, not smoking.

Alternatives such as?

Link the paper that suggests nicotine as an apoptotic inhibitor?

Start with the Altieri review in fucking Nature ('08 I think). This sin't up for debate. Nicotine receptors activate the ACh pathway for a strong pro-survival bias at apoptotic decision points.

Or are you asking me to link to something i've written?

>H. Pylori development risk
>cancer risk

Holy fuck, I didn't know about that

Nicotine is not addictive at all when not in a fucking cigar with tons of shit to potentialize its effects and addiction. I use it as a nootropic and cutting aid for that increased metabolism, lower hunger and slightly sharper mind, but now I'll consider stopping it, wow

Everything increases your risk of cancer nowadays, idiot.

I think it's tobacco that does not that the nicotine itself

Did you publish your PhD thesis? If so link that.

>54 ml of nicotine
Lmao you would be dead then

Not a fucking chance.

The actual insult that causes cellular injury is the carbonized material in the smoke, not the nicotine. The nicotine comes into it because it inhibits the cellular response to the real injury.

> I am Doctor

> Ok, can you provide that 1 thing that proves you are a doctor

> Not a chance.

lol.

Sorry, lined to the wrong post, but as for I've never seen anything that shows any real interaction of nicotine with testosterone / estrogen metabolism, let alone a convincing meta-analysis. This shouldn't be a concern.

Like I said, you're under no obligation to take my word for anything, but you can't seriously think that it would be a good idea to give out my ID here.

Anyway, I was just trying to be helpful If you want to verify anything about ACh metabolism and tumorigenesis or about nicotine as an ACh agonist, it's in the literature whether you take me at my word or not. Feel free to go straight to any primary source.

This would explain why people use it both to relax and to wake up

Why not? We are all kind and functional people here on Veeky Forums, you can trust us with your personal informations.

I mean yeah, it's just that acetylcholine pathways is like first-year science degree stuff, literally human bio 1001. Anything else can be filled it via google, I'm sceptical of anybody claiming to be a doctor (of medicine or otherwise) on Veeky Forums with no support.

The study that I've seen was particularly nicotine, but I could be wrong. I'll try to find it.

Fucking peatgavel

starting to think nicotine addiction is a meme to be honest. smoked half a pack a night when I was working nights, stopped because I spaghettied all over the cute cashier where I used to buy them. Never got craving.

Now I smoke 2-5 after my workouts and stop when I'm prepping for a fight or running bathtub chemicals and I still don't get cravings.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2904480/

Here's the best I could find now, I'll look more.

Yes, snus can kill your cravings entirely. Too bad it's not available everywhere due to (((regulations)))

This is an interesting paper, and even though it's a psych journal, the mechanism is pretty convincing:

Nicotine downregulates aromatase, so androgens and androgen precursors are not converted to estrogen / estradiol. I wonder if there are other studies where they use males, though.

>Quitting on Thursday
>not today
>not right now
never gonna make it

>2017
>smoking or picking up addictions in general
Literally why? How stupid do people have to be to still think smoking is a good idea. At least if you picked it up as a 13yr old or something you could say some bs like "I was young and impressionable and thought I could kick it at any time and that I wouldn't even get addicted". But as a grown man what's your excuse?

I'm addicted to lifting weights and sniffing asses already, what difference does another addiction do?

not everyone is predisposed to addiction. i can smoke half a pack when i'm out on the weekend, but go days without a cig afterwards. i average about a pack per week. my dad goes through about a pack per day but mom doesn't smoke

similarly, my gf smokes a few per day but her mom is a 2pack per day person, while her dad doesn't smoke

And I can snort cocaine on my weekends out without getting addicted.
Now start doing it every day and you will get addicted

>dedication to exercise and having a sexual fetish=chemical addiction that fucks your health up
>smoke a pack a week but I'm still better than other smokers because I only do it on the weekends
kek you're actually retarded/delusional. Sure you're not as bad as people who smoke more than you but at least they probably aren't as in denial as you are. My dad is addicted but he still only goes through like a pack and a half a week. You're only marginally better than him and probably on your way to being worse or as bad

i used to, but i didn't enjoy smoking as much so i cut back without any problems. gf, used to smoke a pack a day out of habit til she got pregnant. switched to 2 cigarettes per day overnight, stopped after a few weeks

How does it fuck up my health?

the fact that my cigarette consumption has actually gone down over time, coupled with the ability to go days or weeks without smoking tells me that i don't have a physiological addiction. i enjoy the act of smoking, especially when drinking, but i don't need cigarettes to function in any capacity

>i enjoy the act of smoking
And therefore you have developed some craving for it that smoking satisfies. No proper non-smoker "enjoys" the act of smoking. Give a cigarette to a first-time smoker and he will fucking hate it.
researchgate.net/profile/Herve_Porchet/publication/19765335_Benowitz_NL_Porchet_H_Sheiner_L_Jacob_III_P_Nicotine_absorption_and_cardiovascular_effects_with_smokeless_tobacco_use_comparison_with_cigarettes_and_nicotine_gum_Clin_Pharmacol_Ther_44_23-28/links/53eb64230cf2593ba7087b80.pdf
And that is just one study out of many that shows that smoking is bad for your health. In fact that is pretty much the scientific consensus. Pure nicotine may not be as bad for you and perhaps it doesn't even have any negative effects when it comes to cancer and cardiovascular health but it is still addictive and why would you want to have a chemical addiction of any kind? Why would you want your body to be dependent on a highly addictive substance that is a) a waste of money and b) provides no health benefits. Most of the "good feelings" you get from consuming nicotine come from scratching the itch you've forced yourself to develop.

Oh but I dont smoke cigarettes, just vape for a nicotine boost and I like the taste.

>
>Why not? We are all kind and functional people here on Veeky Forums, you can trust us with your personal informations.
4chin post of the day

Like I said, it's not as bad and perhaps it even has no health effects but it's still an addiction. I mean, to each their own but I just don't like the idea of being dependent on a substance I don't need that only benefits me because I have made myself dependent on it

>22
>work as a diamond driller helper
>spend all day in the sub arctic
>changing drill bits and shit
>14 hour days
>a big boss comes out to check our performance and drill because failed twice in a month.
>days over sore and tired as fuck; relaxing by our shack
>standing around shooting the shit
>big boss offers me a cig
>take it light it then inhale
>holy shit.
>feel awake again and don't feel the all encompassing soreness
>say holy shit this feels amazing
Big boss smiles and gives me the rest of his pack and a couple more since his flying out tomorrow since the problem isnt us its the drill; we'll just move camps if it breaks again. not sure about anyone else but i was hooked.

Get snus if you want nicotine. Buy actual swedish snus from Match and none of that american knock off bullshit.

Start with "white" as they have less moisture than originals, therefore less drip and less flavor which is what turns most people off when starting it.

Classics include

> General white
> Göteborgs Rapé
> Grov white

>Göteborgs Rapé
gets me
every
damn
time

Your post gave me cancer, thanks asshole.

It's absolutely worth the risk, what's the worst thing that can happen to you?You'll smell like shit, who cares right, I know haha.Fucking idiots.I hear cutting off your arm does wonders for weight loss too, try that while you are at it.