Loose Skin

About two years ago I started the process of weight loss, I was able to get from 310 to 185 throughout that period. I now however, have loose skin, primarily on my stomach. Is there a natural way/ method to tighten this flab, or is surgery my only option? Its affecting my posture and my spine is curved towards my belly in an unnatural way and I want to solve the problem. Any advice/ suggestions MUCH appreciated.

Do keto and water fasting. There's typically fat with loose skin. It won't fix it completely, but it'll help.

The only way to remove it completely is surgery.

No. If it doesn't tighten in a year consider surgery.
Take one year to lift a lot and save up money.
Don't fall for the fasting meme, or Coco butter lotion, or reverse backstand head flip bullshit.

>Don't fall for the fasting meme
Except it does help because it makes calorie restricting much easier. People don't realize there's still a lot of fat in that loose skin.

You still have fat, get rid of it.

I lost the weight largely by intermittent fasting, perhaps I tapered off too soon, I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment. I'll look into the above methods and get 'er done.

It's usually pretty obvious when it's just a bunch of loose skin mate.

Learn how your body uses fat stores. Look up dr fung.

Will do

Deep fry yourself.

when it's 300 pounds and under 6.5 and somewhat active in fat years, surgery is the only anwser, skin is hanging u can fill it with fat or roid gut

this

Get down to 10-12% body fat, then check back. Skin is an organ and adjusts.

marksdailyapple.com/how-to-get-rid-of-excess-skin-after-major-weight-loss/

Pirate pic related and fast.

Continued:

You probably have the stubborn soft fat lining the skin (like the fat that attaches to the belly), which is the last to come off. Losing more weight might should do it.

I had some loose skin.

I had that shit cut right off. 100% worth it. People talk about it being a "battle scar", or whatever, but mine was from a shitty brain tumor. I was a 23 year old guy, and I wasn't about to have the stomach of a mother who had birthed triplets for my entire life.

Just saying. If you do have loose skin, you don't have to try to be a hero. Consult with a good plastic surgeon sooner rather than later. That way, you'll know the figure that you need to save up to IF you decide to do it.

Disregard any retard telling you 'there's just some magic fat there causing you to have massive loose skin".

They're wrong.

The only way to treat loose skin that hasn't corrected in 12 months is via excision.

This is a fact, this is not debated.

Don't believe anybody trying to sell you a 'program'.

It looks like the pic on the left, you still had fat deposits. What was your body fat % before the surgery?

How much weight did you lose during you weight loss (not surgery)?

>The only way to treat loose skin that hasn't corrected in 12 months is via excision.

Get to 10-12% body fat first, OP. Then wait a year. If the skin hasn't repaired itself, user might be right.

I still don't know if water fasting for weeks is good or bad for your skin.

dont be fat in the 1st place

Good. 14-30 days of a water fast triggers "autophagy". Google it.

Holy shit, those stretch scars.

I've got a pituitary tumor, myself, and in the span of two or three years I put on a little under 200 pounds. 350 max, and I DEFINITELY have stretch marks... But nowhere near this prominent or this wide. How much weight did you gain in how much time?

Good feels with your progress. Glad to hear success stories with this stuff.

Far left is immediately after I was diagnosed with the tumor I was like 200 lbs. I hadn't even started losing weight at that point.

Middle is right before surgery I weighed about 147 (I'm 5'11, so pretty thin).

Right picture is probably a couple months afterward after some of the swelling had gone down. I weighed maybe 153?

Oh it was cancer or a tumor. God bless you, m8. Didn't realize. I dunno how stretch marks had an affect on it, but might have required surgery then. Scars don't look bad. They've really improved the surgery procedures over the years.

It's very rarely loose skin.

Pinch the skin on the back of your hand. Now compare that to the "loose skin" in the OP. Now skin thickness can vary a bit, but nobody has got inch thick skin around their abs.

Where people do see bad changes is with their boobies, the ligaments that hold the nipples in place get stretched. I suppose you could try a compression tube or something and prayer.

I didn't gain a lot of weight at all since I watch my diet pretty closely. I'm 5'11, and weighed 205 max throughout the whole time. My normal weight that I hovered around beforehand was like 175-180.

Thing is, I lost literally ALL my muscle. That was 205 of pure fat.

Also, I don't know how far along you are with your tumor in terms of treatment, but I give every single person that's new to having a medical condition the same piece of advice: never, ever fucking google it. You will read the absolute worst of the horror stories from people that really need to vent, and do it online.

I've done water fasting followed by dermarolling and seen some good results.

dermarolling for what? looseness? stretch marks?
how long did you go for?

Not going through the treatment yet because I have thyroid condition and the medication will fuck with the treatment. I got the holy trinity combo of hypothyroidism + pituitary tumor + PCOS. 5'9" myself, but... Kind of built strong like bull before it all went down. Endocrine system just shit itself one day. Been on the thyroid pills for about a year and dosage has increased each visit. Things have started mellowing out, though, so hopefully I can get on the ball for medicating the lump in my head.

What kind of tumor did you have? Like how was it classified? I haven't really done any research aside from what I have, and I don't know what kinds kill muscle. That sounds terrible.

I actually lived next to a girl with Cushing's disease, she's textbook. Like look at any medical picture of that illness and add 200 lbs to it, and that's her. Her parents were backwater trash and didn't even know what an endocrine system was, so they just thought she was fat. Put her on all these insane diets when she was going through her teen years, and it hurt her development. Sweetest girl, too.

Loose skin is not 'rare' in somebody who has lost > 100lbs.

Old acne scarring, newer viral related scarring (shingles), stretchmarks amd some weird mixtures in between. I had good results up until recently, I've had some heart thing come back up and my immune system seems to have fucked off again so I'm getting some fungal shit atm.

I'm sure the results vary depending on genetics but it's worked amazingly for me.

What I meant to ask was "does water fasting fuck you up and give you loose skin?"

Yeah, I was Cushing's disease as well. I think it was a pituitary microadenoma? It wasn't large. Cushing's doesn't really discriminate. I guess how it works is that cortisol (the hormone I had a ton of) pretty much just breaks down all proteins including those that hold skin together, which is why I had huge stretch marks after not that much weight gain.

That sounds weird as hell. They medicated you for thyroid first? Our first order of business was basically going in, and cutting my tumor out. Is that an option for you, or is yours inoperable? If mine recurs again, I think just about my only option is radiation. I only have about a third of pituitary left at this point. Really lucky to have no deficiencies.

No. If anything, the opposite is the case.

No. Trying to cut too fast can cause a lot of catabolism even in the skin tho. A week is safe.

But other people say autophagy takes care of that.

You are delusional. It's almost always loose skin when they've lost a ton of weight.

>I've read it on an anonymous mongolian basket-weaving forum so it must be true
A dude fasted for 382 days after being morbidly obese and had no loose skin and no ill effects after breaking the fast. A medical study was published on the case. Google it and stop spreading your broscience.

Well, the doctor I have hasn't really been consistent. Looking into getting a new one, but shit insurance and I might be homeless in a couple of weeks. Which is going to be fun. So brain surgery isn't going to be an option for me for a long time. The doctor I have now says mine is tame enough for it to be controlled with medication, or at least try it for the time being.

I've always had problems with my endocrine system since I was young. They put me on cortizol when I was five for a while. Then it kind of tapered out, and now I'm back at square one.

I never said anything about fasting you stupid fuck.

>A dude fasted for 382 days after being morbidly obese and had no loose skin

Source? I've been looking for a source to validate this. Angus Barbierri is his name from Scotland. I have not found any before/after pictures or mentions of his loose or not loose skin.

Yeah this. I won't believe shit without photographic evidence.

I've gone from 320 to 195 and my experience is that what people think is JUST loose skin is almost always remaining fat deposits in loose skin. When you get as lean as possible and that fat empties out, the skin can snap back better. It's still all there of course, but the folds are taut to your belly instead of hanging down looking shitty.

If you want a preview of what that looks like, get dehydrated. My stomach looks insanely better when I'm not holding much water, it's like a preview of future weight loss.

Great post, user. Thank you. How tall are you? Do you know what your body fat percentage is?

I was reading that loose skin after weight loss is a myth. Except for the tiny percent of the morbidly obese that lose over 200 lbs, it seems like the skin is an organ and will adjust to it's surroundings. I.e., snap back once the fat cells are gone.

6'1", BF% is always a crap shoot but tape measure tests all put me 18-20% which seems reasonable.

That's what autofaggy people say.