Help Veeky Forums is my chest and bicep day plan too much?

Help Veeky Forums is my chest and bicep day plan too much?
I've been lifting for about a year or two and have pretty good muscle endurance
Im stuck on a three day split so I have to do biceps, forearms, and chest on the same day

>TLDR Is my chest/forearm/bicep day too much and what should I take out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tp9Ufk9Hcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not funny

u srs breh

if you put actual effort into each exercise you won't even come close to completing that day, nor would peak form Kai Greene

This is just and early draft what should I take out?
And I'm being completely serious I've never made my own workout and have followed programs

OP, i'm not trolling or being harsh here, but that's possibly the worst attempt at a good routine i've ever seen in my 7ish years of browsing Veeky Forums, and believe me, that is saying something.

what are your goals, will you be using it to bulk, cut or maintain and how many times per week do you plan on doing that routine?

I'm cutting right now and I'm on a three day split
Legs/Triceps Monday
Chest/Bi's/Forearms Wednesday
Shoulders/Back Friday
And that's it really I'm doing cardio and abs Tuesday and Thursday's

I also am lacking in my lats so I'm trying to get target then on mondays and wednesdays too hence the chinups

right well completely forget what you have now. you could eat 10k calories a day and that would still be vastly more volume than what's required.

first off if you're natty you're an idiot if you aren't doing each muscle group twice per week at least and increaing the weight/reps every time. an UL split like this:

ULxULxx

U:
bench 3x5 /OHP 3x5
OHP 3x8-12 /bench 3x5
chins 3x5
rows 3x8-12
extensions 3x10-15
curls 3x10-15
laterals 3x10-15

L:
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
hanging leg raise 3 x whatever
ab wheels 3 x whatever

is far better for your needs as a general routine. just pulled this out my ass right now and put almost no thought into it but its still leaps and bounds better than what you have, no offence. if you cut on something like this, cut out the curls and extensions.

scrap your plan and look into UL (upper/lower split) or PPL (push/pull/legs). you are not a steroid using bodybuilder, you don't need to have a dedicated tricep day ffs.

Well I play college football and all we do are the big three
Squat on Monday
Bench on Wednesday
Deadlift and Pushpress on Friday
And he leaves us to do the rest so how can I make a workout to correlate with that?

I just wanna get big Veeky Forums

How the fuk do you put max effort in that workout and it taking a reasonable amount of time what the fuck?

T R O L L P O S T

Can someone at least give me an example workout for what I provided I'm struggling I just want to get big dammit

you dont need that many my friend

>over 30 sets of curls
Are you fucking retarded? How can you not see a problem with this? You'd be doing biceps for literally an hour straight

your coach has you squatting only once a week? sounds like a shit coach.

try this (assuming the coach has you lifting with strength rep ranges and sets eg 5x5)

Mon:
Squat whatever coach says
romanian deadlift 5x10
OHP 5x10
chins 3x5
laterals 3x10-15
curls 3x10-15

Wed:
Bench whatever coach says
rows 3x8-12

Fri:
DL whatever coach says
PP whatever coach says
front squat 5x10
DB bench 5x10
chins 5x10

the general idea here is having one heavy day and one accessory day eg monday is heavy squat (squats at football), OHP accessory (OHP 5x10) and DL accessory (RDL 5x10). you have your stuff like curls and lateral in there too. there's a fair amount of pressing so your triceps should be fine without any isolation but if they're not then throw in some lying tricep extensions or dips or close grip bench on friday. this is very similar to 5/3/1 by the way.

oops forgot to add in laterals and curls to wednesday and friday too. don't load them up just get a pump then go home.

>play college football
then you're already a CHAD. Why do you need to lift? Just go eat PIZZA and fuck STACY with your 8 inch COCK REEEEEEEEEEE LEAVE THE GYM TO US INCELS AND GO ENJOY LIFE YOU FUCKING CHAD

Thanks man I'm gonna try this for awhile and see how it goes

you really can't squat heavy multiple days a week if you're an athlete in season, it takes too much out of you

The bicep has two heads, if you haven't target the muscle in 2 work outs your not gonna hit it at all

noted. he can go lighter on the front squats, then.

OP, also increase the weight on the strength days for each of the big 4 every week. if you're doing football training too then you'll probably have to eat like a horse and leave cutting for the off season.

u in season or off season? u wanna be able to play on game days or are u like Alex Moran in BMS?

Well this is the offseason workout my highschool coach had a specific program while this coach just makes sure we do the big four then we workout what we want or need. During season I'm gonna bulk and when that comes how should I change the workout to correlate.

ok the one i posted is good for bulking. cutting means that you can't do the same volume - your body won't have the calories to recover from it sufficiently. that means lower reps and fewer exercises, and little if any strength gains.

to use the routine i posted as an example, i'd modify it like this for cutting:

Mon:
squat 3x5
RDL 3x8
abs whatever

Tue:
bench 3x5
chins 3x5
rows 3x8-12

Thur:
DL 1x5
Squat 3x8-12
abs whatever

Fri:
PP 5x5
DB bench 3x10
chins 3x10

note the general decrease in exercises and sets and also the overhead pressing movements volume. the OH stuff didn't drop much because OH stuff is easier to recover from unless your deficit is extreme. try to add weight every week until you stall, at which point you should deload 10% and attempt to work back up. keep the 5x10 sets moderately challenging - don't go all out so you can't walk by the time the next workout comes along.

>Cutting on a routine with shit frequency
GOOD BYE GAINS

Do full body or push-pull-fullbody if you can only do 3 days

Alright and when you say curls any specific type like Hammers, Preacher or anything I should focus on?
I mean honestly I've done workouts like the one I originally posted for conditioning and didn't have a problem I just want the most effective way for gains

Plus I'm stuck doing
Squat Monday
Bench Wednesday
DL and PP on Friday

the difference between curls is basically non existant, which is why i didn't bother specifying, unless you're bodybuilding. there's no one walking around with noticeable differences in the size of their bicep heads because they did too many hammers or anything. curls make your biceps grow and that's the end of the story.

forget all this worrying about every last part of the body, the heavy compounds will be responsible for 90% of muscle growth.

have a look at the first routine i posted and alter it thusly for a cut (only gonna write the stuff that actually changes)

Mon:
RDL 3x5
remove laterals and curls

Wed:
remove rows if you're still sore from monday's chins

Fri:
front squat 3x8-12 but don't push it too hard
DB bench 3x10
chins 3x10

how about you do an effective program designed to get you really good at football? I can assure you aesthetics comes with it. Status > aesthetics anyways.

>Starr's Power 5x5
Monday:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Power Clean 5x5
Weighted Hypers 2x10
Weighted Situps 4x10

Wed:
Light Squat 4x5 (or front squat, or lunges)
Overhead Press 4x5 (can be push press)
Deadlift or High Pull 4x5
Optional: bodyweight chins 2xMAX or weighted 2-3x5-8 (NOT IN ORIGINAL PROGRAM)
Bodyweight Situps 3x10

Friday:
Squats 4x5, 1x3+2.5kg, 1x8@weight of 3rd set
Bench 4x5, 1x3+2.5kg, 1x8@weight of 3rd set
Power Clean 4x5, 1x3+2.5kg
Dips 3x5-8
Biceps + Triceps 2-3x8-10
Optional: Facepulls 2-3x10-20 reps (NOT IN ORIGINAL PROGRAM)

4-5x5 means ramping towards top heavy set of 5 weights. Example: 5x(5@40%, 5@70%, 5@80%, 5@90%, 5@100%). Each monday you do your last heavy triple for 5 reps instead (effectively adding 2.5kg to your lifts every week).

Strength and performance will come, so will aesthetics and pussy.

I'm lifting to look good not to be better at football. I'm not being egotistic but I'm already good for the college I'm going to for my position and my lifts are strong

post lifts

Ok thanks man I only have one more question and you will be fucking Jesus incarnate to me.
Should I isolate forearms or will they naturally grow with it. Because my body is decent size already but my forearms are alittle behind

the program i posted will give you better results than your current shitshow either way

Bench:330
Squat:405
DL:450
PP:285

forearms are a tough one. like calves they are largely genetic, but if you find them lagging behind despite your compounds then add in some forearm shit every day you work out, after the rest of your lifting.

>push press is 130kg at 18y or younger
get the fuck out retard

That's my 1rm

he's playing college ball bro, he's genetically superior

i don't think Benching twice a week is enough for chest development. like there;s no dips or incline bench.

my pecs are big and strong and i've never benched more than twice a week. peppering that routine with extra shit for lagging body parts is a good idea though.

im not gonna ask for pics, but yeah i'd just feel weird only doing bench.

Everyone knows you're supposed to spend 8 HOURS ON ARMS CMON

and keep your 12 shakes all ready in your car.

Not OP but a fellow newbie how long should I rest in between sets

do wrist roller for forearms
youtube.com/watch?v=8tp9Ufk9Hcg

they will still be slow to grow though, like calves

here's what you should do
>flat pause bench, going up in 5-10lb increments to a top set of 8-10
>weighted chin ups 4xf
>ohp 3x6-10
>chest fly of your choice, 2-3x8-15
>1-2 curl variants of your choice 2-3x8-15 sets each