Good feels Thread

>just hit 100lbs on OHP
>got angry listening to the Doom soundtrack on the way

What good feels you got Veeky Forums?

hit new 3x5 squat today (118 kg) at about 72 kg

Good shit my man, about halfway to 3pl8.

thanks

also got 42.5 kg press which is about 7 lb less than yours. gonna get there soon though

hit 3pl8 squat monday
didnt kill myself yet because i wont ever be with my crush

Just remember to keep your core and butt cheeks nice and tight. And get angry. I'm serious. If you can get angry with OHP, you're gonna kill it

good advice. here's something that might help you: use chalk. i've used it the last few sessions and it definitely helps.

I wish my gym had chalk. I've seen chalk marks on the bars, but I think it's from guys bringing their own.

just get some liquid chalk online, it's not expensive

125lb OHP. hopefully i'll get to 1pl8 next week

>that surge of energy when you end a cut and start enjoying workouts again

Best feel ever. Now if only I could get rid of my anxiety.

I started lifting like 3 weeks ago, and I hit 1pl8 bench on Monday. Felt real good to see those 45lb plates on either end.

I'm having issues with OHP though. I have been stuck on 65lbs for 5 reps for like 2 weeks. How do I increase this? Are there supplemental exercises I can do? Should I do sets of 1-2 with 75? I feel weak as fuck with those babby weights on there.

Lateral DB raises, front DB raises, and rear delt flyes are great accessories. Note though, these are the muscles used in the OHP, don't don't do them same day. OHP is a lift that you really only get better by doing it. I add weight every 3rd or so OHP day. It may or may not be too slow, but it allows me to be secure in my ability to lift the weight safely and entirely.

fixing my form and getting tighter literally doubled my ohp

you want your elbows to "rest" on your lats in starting position

have super tight core, brace like for a deadlift or heavy squat.

Figure out your strongest hand placement position and stick with it

Attack with confidence, grab it, get into position and immediatelly start pressing, utilizing stretch reflex at bottom (you still want it to be strict tho) If your last rep is super hard you can use some leg drive and then do the negative as good as you can.

Godspeed user

Another good point that you forgot to mention:

SUICIDE GRIP

I never knew that how I gripped for OHP would have an impact, but switching to suicide grip aligned the bar so much better with my arms and allowed better push. Give it a try and see the difference for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

>got sick of plateauing on my diet
>started tracking calories daily
>182->178 in a week
yehh boi. also only got a month before i see a doc about reconstructive surgery, so in 8-10 weeks when i'm hopefully healed i can have the "i like how my dick looks" feel

Reconstructive surgery on what? The fuck did you do to your peepee?

Added 2.5kg to each of the four major lifts this week. Progress.

>utilizing stretch reflex at bottom

this isn't how rip teaches it.

i didn't do a goddamn thing, my parents are catholic and got a half retarded, obese jewish man to circumcise me when i was a baby. he botched the job and no one ever cared when i asked about fixing it, so i'm getting it done now that i'm an adult.
i have a pretty bad case of penoscrotal webbing (it's commonly called turkey neck) because i was cut. not only does it look weird af, but the extra loose skin around the base of my dick make wearing a condom a bitch because they just kinda get rolled off or break.

Good shit user, Rip and tear is my OHP song, just hit 45kg for 3x5

Consistent pain in the lower left part of my back is concerning me. Meant I hit 80kg for only a triple today in my BTN press when I'd been hoping to hit it for 5. Any spinal compression is really more painful than it should be and I hate it.

Here's a tip from a decent presser: wide grip upright rows, behind the neck presses and hang power cleans. Forget the bullshit. Lateral raises will never get you what you want.

my doctor just told me im healthy as fuck

shes also really hot and she was touching me and stuff so it was fun times

Upped my bench while on a cut. Feels good. Also idk if I'm losing weight (or rather, if I am fast enough) but I'm certainly looking better than I did before. Muscle definition has gone way up with little to no loss in strength.

feels good man.
Just got to 165lb 3x5 myself

squatted for the first time in almost 2 months.
no pain finally.
Only used lmao1pl8. but still.

>not bfg division
shit taste

>my parents are catholic and got a half retarded, obese jewish man to circumcise me when i was a baby. he botched the job and no one ever cared when i asked about fixing it,
Fucking hell, this makes me mad as fuck
How retarded do people have to be to cut their fucking baby's dick? And then not care when it goes wrong?

Reminds me of that David Reimer case where they burnt his dick off as a kid by accident and the doctor decided to raise him as a girl instead and track him, rather than doing reconstructive surgery. poor sap ended up killing himself

>How retarded do people have to be to cut their fucking baby's dick?

pretty sure it's standard in burgerland

Where was your pain located? Been having some hip flexor pain when I go heavier, not sure what to do besides stretching/foam rolling/taking time off.

[spoiler] my mother also called me a liar when i told her about being molested [/spoiler]
i've been salty about a bunch of things for years, because a lot of my problems in life legitimately originate from the mistakes of others, but i think fixing what's wrong is more important than being angry all the time

Yea I know, which makes it even more bewildering how a whole nation can consider it normal

Tfw on cut so OHP has stalled at 72.5kg, well at least I'll have 0.9xbw press when I cut to 80 kg.
Anyway deadlifts have been going nicely, I hope to hit 230 kg soon and it's fun seeing myself becoming veiny and cut.

it's becoming less popular now, but something like 85-90% of adult men here are circumcised. if you want to hear about how more fucked up it is than you thought, look up Dr. Kellogg (same guy who made the cereal) and his work to prevent masturbation

>a lot of my problems in life legitimately originate from the mistakes of others, but i think fixing what's wrong is more important than being angry all the time
damn dude, that's good advice.

my parents are also really traditional (orthodox though, not catholic) and psychologically scarred me throughout my whole childhood. i became an angry, socially autistic mess and they conditioned me to hate doors opening because i associated it with them coming to shout at me for some other shit beyond my control.

>hit 1pl8lmao squat
>hit 2pl8lmao deadlift
on my way to t rex mode

i used to do front, lateral and back raises for shoulders and my first ohp was 90lbs 3 weeks ago, today i did 110lbs and felt like a fucking beast

dude, i know exactly how you feel! when i was a kid, i would get the shit beaten out of me by gangs of neighbor kids (for some reason i was tagged early on as a target of ridicule) and come home to parents that'd scream at me and say there was nothing i could ever do about it. i know they were trying to instill the idea that the world is harsh and unforgiving, but i was 5 and all i got out of it was a defeatist attitude and social anxiety. i was also a compulsive liar when i was younger, but it's diminished to the point of almost nonexistence now, and that might've been because whenever i went to my parents with a bad truth i'd be punished so i kinda got in the habit of saying "fuck truth, reality sucks". all the therapists i've ever had came off as insanely condescending and bored, so what little changes have been made to my psyche have been from self reflection or the rare bit of good advice i'd get from people

I pulled my hamstring yesterday, so now I can focus on my upper body for a while without feeling like a curlbro.

hip flexor as well.
At the bottom of squats was where it hurt the most.
I kept squatting for like 2 months before I went to a physio. He said it was a hip impingment, though it was a muscular problem, not a bone problem.

take a few weeks of any squatting, hip extension, or power movements. I could still do deadlifts as they didnt hurt. But take some time off and stretch every day. see if that helps, if not, then go to a physio

god damn man. i had bad social anxiety too as a kid (it's still bad now, but since i'm older i've learned to deal with it and don't feel so hopelessly lost and confused). my parents just told me i'm lying and faking it so I can stay home from school. As if, I just wanted a normal childhood, but i had to go to special school because i couldn't act like a normal fucking human. I got called a useless retard by my dad, and got constantly told i've been "poisoning" their life for [insert current age] years.

Everything i did was compared to my relatives near my age, or other people. "Other people's children have done [insert activity of the day] by now! And you sit on your ass doing nothing, you're just pathetic you're lazy and useless. I feel embarrassed to talk to people about you."

I just want a loving friendship group now. They'll appreciate you much more than family

I hit a 1pl8 overhead press, which was awesome. But my bench keeps stalling. Just stalled yesterday at 180 5x5. Couldn't even get 5 reps on the first set.
What gives?

>Match with 8/10 on tinder
>Somehow talk my way into driving to her and banging
>Get there and I'm nervous as fuck
>It's 17°C out which is hot for us brits so I'm already sweating
>Chat in the kitchen for a bit
>Brag about how I've been travelling and done all these cool things when I really haven't stepped foot out of my house unless to lift or work in a year
>She invites me up to her room
>Don't fuck up user
>I'm laying on her bed and she whips her tits out and starts sucking me
>After a minute of sucking I almost bust a nut so decide to buy myself time and eat her pussy
>Got bored after 20 minutes so I watched the clock as I was eating, was down there for 47 minutes
>She pulls me by the hair and drags me up to her, tells me to fuck her
>Fuck her missionary for a whole 3 minutes before blowing my load
>Sweating so much she's now drenched
>We lay on the bed watching monsters vs aliens for the entirety of the film
>She's naked, ass towards me, head at the other end of the bed, I'm laying normally opposite end
>Playing with my dick on the sly to try get hard again while she's not looking
>Start fingering her and still can't get it up again
>Make up bullshit excuse saying that I've got to take my friends dog for a walk by precisely 4:30pm because it's on medication and needs regular walks
>Put on my clothes and leave
>Have a nap in my car from exhaustion

The good news is I got laid.

>It's 17°C out which is hot for us brits so I'm already sweating
as a fellow britbong iktf

>Make up bullshit excuse saying that I've got to take my friends dog for a walk by precisely 4:30pm because it's on medication and needs regular walks
kek'd hard

>They'll appreciate you much more than family
so much this. the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

stop stretching hip flexors.
stretch glutes, hamstrings and adductors.
strengthen and learn how to engage glutes and core in squat.
look up femoral anterior glide.

May you find happiness, user.

>hit 1pl8ohp
>hit 3pl8skwat
>hit 4pl8 didddlydoo

>bench is at 1.5pl8

h-haha!

>OHP
>Suicide grip

you best be joking son

I was exactly the same as you lad, up the bench volume and you'll have an easy-ish ride to 2pl8

it's not dangerous on overhead work, dummy.

Fuck you

t. Captain assblast

I'm considering getting snipped at 21 because of phimosis but I'm super nervous about it, recovery seems like hell.
Not really related just wanted to get it off my chest

is this a meme? i hit 135 the first time i went to the gym

>Feel like I finally made it
>Not ashamed when I take off my shirt anymore. Abs showing up
>Normies mire hard daily
>Making social and financial gains
>Finally have my dream job

For those of you guys that found GFs, where did you meet them? I already graduated college so uni is out.

congratulations on being an outlier - the average person probably can't do half of that. People who press 135 or bench 225 on their first day are extremely rare, and most likely twice as heavy

starting weigth was 195 being 6'2 tall

You overhead pressed 1pl8 on your first try?

yes, i just used the weigth my friend used before me

Nice, I'm about to hit 1pl8 bench soon. Hopefully I will be able to do 5 reps of 55kg tomorrow.

and judging by that wt you had an athletic base and high amounts of muscle mass already.

and thinking about it, people I usually see claiming high press numbers with low training time are doing push presses and not strict presses, which is 20-30% more weight than on strict

almost 5 months ago so i can't remember, could be the reason tho

it's outstanding anyway compared to the average person, I have mates that bench above 100 kg that struggle with 50 kg press while being quite big

>first day in the gym, distinctly remember seeing a guy deadlift 3pl8 from boxes (once) and thinking "fuck that cunt's strong"
>just came back from the gym, standard deadlifted 3x3pl8

that's really cool, i'll do a 1rep max and see where im at tomorrow. i'll post it here if threads still active

This question needs to stop being asked.
Statistically speaking this is where

Friends of friends
Professional dating sites (Not okc)
Involved in some type of group
-
-
-
-
Bars
-
-
-
Random encounters

>Professional dating sites (Not okc)
I strongly advise against this, unless you're just looking for a prostitute that you pay in meals.

>that you pay in meals
or in dates more generally, but you get my point

Hurt shoulder 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks no shoulder heavy movements, 1 week light shoulder straining lifts and came back to heavy lifts this week. My shoulder is a littlw bit sore still (strained hecking bad) and it seems to be getting back to normal. Don't think it is tendonitis because the heavy lifting is helping recovery. I expect it will be 100% in another week.

Also I did all my lifts despite having an ear infection. No excuses.

If you are well educated and have a decent job you could most likely find a decent gal on Eharmony

I know exactly one good couple that met through dating sites, and they both were using dating sites only because they were pressured into it by friends.
Every single other one is either trophy wifes, sluts, or women who'll marry, have a kid, then take half your shit. Not that the three are necessarily distinct.