My doctor just told me to stop eating potatoes because the carbs are gonna make me lose less weight even if i'm getting...

My doctor just told me to stop eating potatoes because the carbs are gonna make me lose less weight even if i'm getting low calories

Do I have a good doctor?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001650851730152X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28074888
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/11
nature.com/ijo/journal/v28/n4s/full/0802861a.html
cambridge.org/core/journals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/article/nutrient-effects-postabsorptive-interactions/81DD0153424E759E93C223E568F90466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, he's an idiot if he said that.

STOP EATING POTATOES!
I WILL CUT YOU IN HALF!!

carbs drive insulin
insulin inhibits fat loss

what part are you having trouble with?

The fact that you can still lose weight with carbs because keto is a meme.

you seem confused

Hardly. By your logic, you can eat at a pure deficit and not lose weight if you eat only carbs. We know this is wrong. Insulin is not a magical substance that instantly turns carbs into fat or stops fat from being used.

>Insulin is not a magical substance that instantly turns carbs into fat or stops fat from being used.

>potatoes are misleadingly high in calories
>when you factor in cooking method there's even more calories
take a page out of Chinas book and switch to rice, a cup of rice has the same amount of calories as two small potatoes, add your favorite vegetable and watch the pounds fly off

1st and only rule is calorie deficit
yet if you eat less carbs you can spend more calories on protz & fats which are more useful to your body
for instance if you are on a cut this will allow you to have a better ratio of fat loss vs lean mass loss

>muh calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a calorie is a calorie bro XDDD

kill yourselves

That's a sick argument you have there.

ya she told me to eat brown rice

she also told me that all the talk about red meat being bad is bullshit, and i should eat all the red meat i want, even get medium fat kinds

insulin actually increases energy expenditure via futile cycling, skm proteosynthesis, and bat activation which leads to a slightly higher fat loss on higher carb / higher protein lower fat diets

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001650851730152X

>Insulin is not a magical substance that instantly turns carbs into fat or stops fat from being used.
That's exactly what it does, though... rofl
Unless you're coming from a fast, but that's a special scenario...

tfw bat is still unactivated

>Insulin is not a magical substance that instantly turns carbs into fat

That's literally insulin's function and purpose, you are an idiot.

>these are people giving you fitness advice

...but user that is literally what insulin does

So this must be what it's like to have a high school dropout's understanding of biology

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28074888

A review of the carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity.

tl;dr you're retarded for blaming carbs

Doesn't the body prioritize what type of calorie it burns? Like fat is prioritized over protein etc?

No it's mainly carbs first and fat second. Protein is not really used for energy until your short term glucose storage is used and you need to maintain blood sugar levels. Long term you'll switch to burning fat instead.That's why keto is not great for getting shredded, you will burn protein which means muscle loss.

>That's why keto is not great for getting shredded, you will burn protein which means muscle loss.

Retard.

Please do tell me how you maintain a constant blood sugar level without any carb intake? I'm really curious.

>bat activation

Depends on context. Protein overfeeding or anaplerotic deficiency will prioritize protein oxidation over fat, for example.

She's right. The fat/cholesterol is bad mantra came from an attempt to lower test/est levels in males/females leading to the cucked, genderless society we have today. Fats are used by your body to build hormones. Cholesterol specifically contributes to testosterone/estrogen production depending on your gender.

The exception is trans fat. Fuck that shit. Do not buy trans fat products. Don't believe the nutrition facts. If it has hydrogenated anywhere on the ingredient list, drop it.

I don't know or care. All I know is I dropped 20kg in 3 months and I could still bench 330 lbs at the end of it.

And you're calling me retard ahahah.

>an attempt to lower est levels

Clearly that failed if 14-year-olds look like this these days.

Well, yeah. I had blood work done after and it was all good. 3 months without any carbs, great fat loss, not blood sugar issues, and retained strength levels.

>It regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and protein by promoting the absorption of, especially, glucose from the blood into fat, liver and skeletal muscle cells.
Go fuck yourself. turning carbs into fat is literally insulin's purpose you piece of shit. The only exception is after strenuous exercise that has depleted glycogen stores in muscle tissue, in which case it will act to replenish those stores.

wait, so whats clogging peoples arteries? just too much of anything/everything?

Was it your PCP? Talk to a nutritionist and take anything he says or what you read on Veeky Forums with a grain of salt.

From what I've read, the brain needs a minimum of about 130g of carbs to work properly. Go below that and the liver starts breaking down muscle to create the glucose it needs.

Good thing the body synthesizes all the cholesterol and fat it needs de novo aside from a small requirement for LA and ALA.

nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/11

>whats clogging peoples arteries
Being fat fucks, high carb high trans fat diets, and a lack of exercise.

Then why did cuckeery only appear during the low carb craze of the 00s? Underage idiot.

No, insulins purpose is to regulate blood sugar levels you dumb cuck.

It's main purpose is blood sugar regulation and that is linked to but not synonymous to fat storage. It's like saying testosteron's purpose is muscle growth. Way too reductionistic.

>Go below that and the liver starts breaking down muscle to create the glucose it needs.
If you do a proper ketogenic diets, which have been demonstrated to be safe and protein sparing (meaning they won't break down muscle) for 100 years (they have been used to treat epilepsy in children for years), your liver will use fat to generate ketone bodies, which your brain can use for energy. The only drawback to the keto diet, is that you can't perform high intensity exercise that depletes muscular glycogen stores.

You can eat carbs and not get an insulin spike, thus not turning those carbs into fat. Stop thinking that biology is X or Y levels of simplicity. There's a reason that there's a profession dedicated to studying athletic sciences.

There's still a basic need for glucose though and not every organ can exclusively use ketons so there will always be a certain level of protein/muscle catabolism.

>a quote from Wikipedia
>that you can't even read correctly
Are you really that proud of showing off your lack of education and intelligence? Glucose transport says nothing about net conversion into fat, which is actually somewhat antagonized by insulin due to its stimulatory effect on futile cycling pathways

nature.com/ijo/journal/v28/n4s/full/0802861a.html

>The only exception is after strenuous exercise that has depleted glycogen stores in muscle tissue, in which case it will act to replenish those stores.
Or eating at or below TDEE. Even during overfeeding, there is massive hepatic and muscle glycogen supercompensation before other metabolic fates become significant

cambridge.org/core/journals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/article/nutrient-effects-postabsorptive-interactions/81DD0153424E759E93C223E568F90466

You still need glucose. Much of the brain CAN work on ketones, but there are parts that can't.

>regulate blood sugar levels you dumb cuck.
By moving glucose (derived from carbs) into either fat or muscle. It will only go into your muscles if your glycogen stores are low, caused by intense exercise, you stupid piece of shit.

>demonstrated to be safe
lolno

>and protein sparing
Maybe compared to eating nothing at all. Not high carbohydrate or high protein diets.

>The only drawback to the keto diet, is that you can't perform high intensity exercise that depletes muscular glycogen stores.
Don't forget the heart disease, impaired neuronal excitability, anabolic resistance, etc

wtf my doctor is trying to kill me

> but there are parts that can't.

There are people who have been doing keto for years and their brains are just fine. Me. I've done keto for 2-3 months a few times and I've never felt any difference in my cognitive functions.

here.
Good article, nice to know that.

I will read the links later. Thanks

Hey retard stop giving bad advice

>what is transamination

Keto is a meme? You are so fucking stupid

but it IS a meme. there is no point in doing it unless you are too weak-willed to lose weight normally (by just eating less). low-fat diets are actually often better for fat-loss

>low fat

Now THAT is a meme. There is no substantiation for low fat in terms of weight loss. This is an old myth from the 60s. Fat is actually important in weight loss due to its use in hormone production.

M E M E S
E
M
E
S