What is the diminutive form of the noun "nose" (pic related) in your language...

What is the diminutive form of the noun "nose" (pic related) in your language? Languages that don't have a diminutive form of it need not apply.

Posting on Veeky Forums because languages belong to the humanities and I had no idea for another board I could create that thread in.

Nos - nosić

Bas sam tija napisat hahah, oklen?

Split, brate.

Pozdrav iz zadra

Fala, živija.
>ook studiraš kod purgera i nisi vidija sunce tri miseca
JEBENTI

orr = nose

Orr is an ancient uralic root meaning 'something protruding'. Orom, for example is mountaintop.

The diminutive is 'orrocska', wherein 'ka' is the diminutive suffix, and 'cs' is a kind of "endearment suffix". The latter probably borrowed from 9th century old church slavonian.

Nariz - nose
Naricita - little nose
Spanish has these great suffixes you can just add to any noun or adjective to give it a diminutive effect

you can also make things sound huge in spanish.

Nase -> Näschen

Li'l' baby nose-nose *gigglez*

neus --> neusje

nosis - nosytė

Naso = nose.
Nasino = little nose.

nos-nosence

Pisk von is cia

Nos - Nosek

nos - nosek
in Polish.

Though this thread would be more suited for /int/

Portuguese: narizinho

"Nózi" is also often used when talking to children.

Where is that from? We use naso here for nose too in commoner speak.

>Posting on Veeky Forums because languages belong to the humanities and I had no idea for another board I could create that thread in.
/int/. It's not just for memes, you know.

Which language?

Živili iz Kaštela
Faks u Zd

Italiano

Čerutǔmūkkǔ. Can anyone guess the language?

Klingon?

No...its phonology is nothing close to that. Would you like me to give it in IPA?
t͡ɕe:rutɨ̆mu':k:ɨ̆

Is it Hungarian?

Finnish?

Slight correction:
t͡ɕe:rut̪ɨ̆mu':k:ɨ̆
Hint: its one of the youngest languages in its otherwise extremely old family. It also has strong diglossia, and archaic features of two extremely old languages - both famous for their poetry.

Nope, but it shares with those languages a few things: isolation of the family, complex morphology, and germinated consonants.

*geminated. Also to be clear, its not Uralic.

I.E.:

Naricita >Naricilla>Naricitilla>Naricitinilla>Naricitinillica

Reading this just makes me realise how little I know about linguistics. Very little of it made any sense to me at all.

Never too late to learn - pretty great combination with History.
I may have used too much jargon. Basically its the fusion of two very old literary languages, and its morphology, like Uralic languages - is Agglutinative. But that's a normal feature of languages which develop in isolation - European languages shifted to Analytic largely because they are contact languages. Finnish on the other hand, just developed in relative isolation and actually shifted to a more complex grammar.

Its not some obscure language though - its spoken by about 30 million, and has a rich literary heritage. Its Malayalam! Namely, a fusion of Tamil and Sanskrit.

Nase -> Naserl (or Näschen when you are unfortunate enough to be a sad northgerman)

Nas - năsuc

poz - pozik

The word is "nenä", the diminutive would be "nenänen" or "nenäke" perhaps, except it isn't. A colloquial expression for diminutive nose is "nenu" or "nekku"

Hungarian I think

Basque ?

>related to Finnish word for mountain
Woah, didn't know Magyars spent some time in ancient Judea.

Slovak: nos - nosík / noštek

Uralic yep should've known...
Thanks nonetheless

Narizinho
It's also the name of a famous national character of a kid's book