Yo Veeky Forums I snapped my shit up. Got a back injury that stops me from lifting for 2 months...

Yo Veeky Forums I snapped my shit up. Got a back injury that stops me from lifting for 2 months. I won't be sedentary but I won't be able to do any strenuous exercise either. Any advice as to what I should eat to maintain? Any specific macronutrient ratio I should be eating at?

did you slip a disc? bruis a muscle? don't leave us hanging brother

Yoga

if its spinal related, youre fucked workout wise for a good year. Do keto meme or something while you push baby weight

Lumbar vertebrae is unaligned or some shit, seeing a chiropractor tomorrow

>year

Haha this nigga, I've been fucked up for like 2.5 years now because of a bad deadlift.

Seriously though, I've forgotten what it feels like to bend over and not ache

>chiropractor

are you retarded?

>chiropractor

RIP any chance of recovery

This is why I stopped doing barbell deadlifts and only do hex bar deadlifts. Idc if people think I'm a pussy I don't wanna snap my shit up.

I feel bad for you OP I'm recovering from a broken leg and it sucked hardcore. Keep your head up

>CHIROPRACTOR

Do not fall for this. Go see a doc, get your shit diagnosed with actual medical technology and then go to a licensed physiotherapist.

retard

Noted, will see doctor and physiotherapist. Now, what the hell do I eat (keto was already mentioned) while im recovering?

To minimize muscle loss do what exercises you safely can and eat high protein. Avoid alcohol, get good rest, etc. You will lose strength so be realistic.

Hope you get well, user. Pray it is muscle related injury and not spinal.

bad deadlift how? how does one snap shit up like that?

People with shit genes blame their "form" when their paper mache spine crankles at 2.5 pl8 lmao

>triggered
my bad - i meant a year(S). i was lucky and injured myself at 21. l5-s1 and l4-l5 ruptured. foot drop, sciatica and numbness everywhere.

took an epidural and healed more or less in a year. I still feel it just like you though; deadlifts weak, arms are heavy, ill never make it, spaghetti.

Recovering you gotta eat yo carbs. Once things settle and you realize youll never be the same lifter, then you jump on some youll-never-make-it diet.

AHAHAH DO NOT SEE A CHIRO UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SNAPPED 4 LYFE

>my bad - i meant a year(S). i was lucky and injured myself at 21. l5-s1 and l4-l5 ruptured. foot drop, sciatica and numbness everywhere.
i injured myself too, I have scithica the whole 9 yards. It's hard some days but I am pretty positive ill recover.

Had 2 back surgeries and set PRs after ( still have pain afterwards though)

phew I may have issues but I've always been scared of surgery. My doc wanted me to get surgery on my first mri of a small disc bulge.

Don't worry about eating. Fasting will help you with recovery via autophagy. You can do paleo/keto when you do eat. HGH will go up.

get a second opinion. take your age and daily activeness into regard before you make the choice. If its not that bad, phystherapy (+epidural if you have clear signs of inflammation nerve impingement)

If you do need a surgery, most them are not that invasive. They just drill a tiny hole into the boney back part of your spine then shave excess shit off at the site (it sounds worse than it is). Otherwise avoid pl8s and screws = $ and gg lifts.

good luck to you m8.

isnt all the autophagy fasting shit a terrible meme? Seems like it would fuck your shit up if your in ketosis: electrolyte imbalance; elevated levels of ketones, nearing ketoacidosis

you either make it or you die.

Welcome to Snap City

I wouldnt get surgery since the deep scar in your spine can actually cause the same issues or even worse issues later on. Small hernia is going to take 6months to a year to recover so i really wouldnt get surgery bro

Look into ketogenic diets, there's tons of studies and evidence that show they preserve muscle lean muscle mass.
I cant be fucked typing out the full explaination, but if you google it theres some good articles that come up.

people don't recover from herniated discs after a couple of months.

Every lifters worst nightmare

How do you snap your shit on deadlifts? It actually scares me. I'm only at 2pl8 and I can do 5 reps.