Dr. Fung: 'Autophagy from fasting = No Loose Skin From Major Weight Loss'

>"All that flabby excess skin...I've never referred a patient to a plastic surgeon to take off that excess skin from weight loss."
>"Why? Because their body can take care of that."
>"If you look at pictures of Holohoax™ survivors...they were big guys, they...starved...Did they have flabby, loose skin? No."

Starts at 18:30:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE&feature=youtu.be&t=1110

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
imgur.com/a/lNocJ#B6d0mJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most Fung's "arguments" are anecdotal reports or broscience. He doesn't talk like scientists are supposed to, he talks like a dogmatic teenager.

He does talk like a normie. Maybe liberal fag Toronto has something to do with that. But he is a doctor with lots of sources.

The evidence is pretty compelling though.

>be fat
>have excess/stretched skin to compensate for huge size
>lose lots of weight
>??????
>excess skin magically disappears

I didn't watch the video but if he says what you're implying, that is retarded. Yeah you lose weight by eating less, how the fuck else are you supposed to without sticking a tube in you and sucking the fat out? If you're fat enough to have excess skin, then it will still be there when you lose the weight.

Skin is an organ. Autophagy is regenerative to organs. Body sees excess skin and eats it for fuel.

where is the loose skin here tho

no loose skin here either, and she was fat originally

I doubt this guy was ever big enough to have excess skin in the first place. Of course the body will adjust itself to weight loss, but when we're talking about OBESITY, there surely must be some threshold that the body can't come back from. Pic related for example, do you really think his body is redeemable? If he just fasted, do you think he wouldn't have loose skin? I doubt very many holocaust victims and wwii POWs were obese, it wasn't terribly common back then.

I guess it would help if I actually included pic related this time.

I am trialing this for the board, I started at 257lb and will post pics in probably 5-6 months, it'll be a wait but I will do it and then we will either have some evidence or not. I have also been lifting for 18 months so I have some muscle, won't be skinny fat.

okay maybe it's impossible for boogie, I mean I'm not expecting fasting to heal 3rd degree burns either

if you're that huge you will probably have to go under the knife, but that's some 0.0001% shit so I don't really care desu

godspeed

Skin stretches and shrinks to adjust to our bodies, maybe rapid weight loss is causing the loose skin to collapse under its own weight. Unable to shrink and be consumed by the body.

>0.0001%

You're underestimating fatties.

From wiki,

>More than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese. More than one-third (35.7 percent) of adults are considered to be obese. More than 1 in 20 (6.3 percent) have extreme obesity. Almost 3 in 4 men (74 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese.

Ps, Isn't it insane that we have to define obesity with several terms ranging from "Overweight" to "Morbidly obese"?

and does Veeky Forums have their own fat classification? from "hambeast" to "hamplanet"

>You're underestimating fatties.

?
boogie had an 86 BMI at some point, what percentage of the human population do you think that is

...I have lost faith in humanity, again

>holocaust victims
Stopped reading there.

>implying the holohoax actually happened

True, but there were a lot of factors involved there.

>denying the holocaust
>believing Jews are greedy and would willingly pay empty fees
There's a different board for this, please read the rules before posting. Now newfags please go.

>listening to a chinese doctor
>eating tiger dicks

nice try lee chung, but keep your fucking needles away from me.

its mainly because you're a fucking idiot who can't even be bothered to do your research. There are plenty of data already on autophagy. just fucking google you stupid cuck.

>certified by a Western medical board

must be nice to be so obliviously stupid.

Fungfag for life here. I've lost over 85lbs lifting, running, and EFing, and have 0 loose skin yet.

I'm so tired of seeing Dr Fung shills.

>Dr Fung shills
>not a single person has even recommended his book

Everyone just preaches intermittent fasting and with good cause. All the info is out there, nothing to be shilled.

257 might not be enough for loose skin to begin with. It's dependent on many other factors.

If it were true, we'd have at least one example of someone who succeeded. Not just fucking holocaust pictures.

Literally everyone only mentions Dr Fung when it comes to fasting. And no, I've seen his book shilled and I've seen water fasting shills with "MUH LOOSE SKIN".

Just no. Where is before and after picture evidence? If this worked even if you had photographic evidence of loose skin you'd be able to get rid of it by fasting.
I've yet to see proof.

actual [spoiler](half) jew[/spoiler] here

it obviously happened

unlike a lot of people though I'm not attached to the 6 million number and am willing to believe it could have been less, even significantly so

saging because this is faggotry

Go look at anyone who has done a long term fast before/after.

reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/

Post the fucking picture, I can't find it on that God awful layout of a website.

anorexics don't have loose skin
people who fast don't have it either
people that starved because of circumstances outside their control don't have it either

he has it on an album and I don't feel like doing multiple posts.

imgur.com/a/lNocJ#B6d0mJ0

He wasn't that big and he's still flabby

>245lbs
He wasn't past the point of no return.

>implying he's the only advocate

All that matters is your starting point for weight. There is a point of no return. Starving has literally nothing to do with it.

Post pics.

But no loose skin. The little bit on his lower stomach isn't loose. It's just fat deposits. He could lose more, but he looks great.

Hes saying you REALLY need to commit to long term fasting for it to work. That is, if you want to both maintain muscle and lose extra skin, you have to lose your extra skin and gains and then work it back later.

That actually makes a lot of sense, although this interview, he approaches it in a very pedestrian manner.

your body will cannibalize everything when you starve tho, the chinaman is right. What eventually kills you when you starve to death is your body munches all your organs to bits.

Your organs aren't "eaten away" until under 6% bf, probably more like 2-3%. Autophagy might restore their tissue during a fast, but not eat them away.

i dont see the hate towards him justified
>if you are 400 lbs a fast can do a lot of good for you
true
>if you are lean, athletic, and exercise frequently then fasts are not going to be good for you
true
so hes not selling his fasting as an end all solution to everything

Does fasting work on scars?

Will it remove my acne scars?

apparently yes, but also apparently the process doesn't start until well past day 10

how do i fast without being a fatfuck?

I dont want to lose all my hard earned gains

No.

It's possible. In OP vid, he say autophagy occur in 24-48 hours for low carb dieters, and 48-72 hours for higher carb dieters.

It might take a few 3 day fasts to notice anything. Who knows? You can experiment. You won't lose any muscle if you have some fat like over 6% bf. Fat is burned first before muscle.