This was made with bronze chisels and stones according to Veeky Forums

>this was made with bronze chisels and stones according to Veeky Forums

grug not know to make
must be alien talk to old grugs
sky grugs just alien

alright faggot, lets see you try to make that
hard mode: only use tools from 3000 BC

No, first YOU make it using modern tools, show us the steps in the process that could not be done with ancient tools as you go. YOU are making an assertion, you get to offer any evidence to support it.

Nobody says THAT one was made that way, that's a replica made recently.

Neither of us have the requisite mechanical knowledge to make it even with modern tools, you fucking faggot.

We're basically just *pretending* to argue. We don't even know what we are talking about. At all.

What is it supposed to be?

I couldn't go to Home Depot, grab some tools , and have my friends over to build a Galleon,

Doesn't mean it's space magik

ancient wheel disk for ancient lambo

Nigga that's a fucking hubcap, I don't know what kind of ruse you're trying to pull here.

This has been called an "oopart" (Out of place artifact) on the assumption that it isn't actually from that period.

Regardless of its origins, I'm glad to have one more potential name for the son I will never spawn.

Given the context of where it was found and other artifacts nearby, it is likely a really over-designed incense holder.

Why's it got all those thin layers along its surfaces?

Looks like a 3d printed object to me.

babylonian fidget spinner

You can buy this hand carved stone egg with a carved elephant inside it for $27.

hmmm

nigga bronze is a lot easier to work than steel, this would be easy to make. You're dumb as fuck.

How did they get the elephant inside?

He said it was made WITH bronze not out of bronze.

It's all from the same piece of stone. They carved it out of the material that is on the inside, never separating the outer egg shape carving to remove it. I'm sure there's a name for the technique. It's a typical bauble art thing. I remember seeing some very fine ones done with gem types of stone, but I can't remember the name to look up. I'm almost certain there's a bunch of Chinese jade stuff done similarly.

>They carved it out of the material that is on the inside
That seems so obvious I feel retarded now.

proper bronze has a comparable hardness to raw iron, so it's not out of the question. idk what it's made of tho

It is mesmerizing to think of the patience and skill it takes, even on the crude ones. Carvers do stuff like this with 4 and 5 free-floating layers of internal carvings. I think it illustrates just how much emphasis should be put on the skill of stone carvers, though. We're talking about a society that had economies built around stone carving and ornamental architecture. I don't see why it's so astounding to find some ornamental stuff that took some exceptional skill, even that long ago. Carvers were constantly trying to impress with their skills. I still haven't found a name for the specific technique, but here's a jade "puzzle ball". Now they use rotary tools (like a dremel) and can pump them out fast.

most ancient societies didn't have proper Bronze, but rather Copper alloy close to Bronze.
People who throw out the "THIS COULDN'T EVEN BE MADE WITH MODERN TOOLS" garbage have just never worked a trade a day in their lives.

its made out of stone