Insomnia thread

I want to be asleep so bad.

What helps you get to and then remain asleep Veeky Forums?

Melatonin Extra Strength 5mg Timed Release
>Natural-ish and not bad for you in any way at all

A normal schedule

>What helps you get to and then remain asleep Veeky Forums?

Magnesium (not magnesium oxide, though it's a little bit better than nothing).

:P

sometimes i have to sleep very strange hours for work. like i'll be doing day shift for a long time then they're like oh i need you to work a few nights and you have 8 hours between now and the start of your shift so yeah.

diphenhydramine (benadryl)
+
melatonin
+
magnesiun
+
valerian root
+
sleepytime tea

it works for me usually :/

Not withdrawing from a heavy weed habit like I am right fucking now. Turn off lights they said. Read a book, they said. Take a hot shower, they said. Use a blue light filter, they said. FUCK EM, THEY LIED

Legitimate answer: melatonin

Good sleep hygiene:
>no caffeine
>light reducer apps on all gadgets
>same routine every single day
>only use bedroom for sleep
>keep bedroom cold-not too cold, and comfy
>no exercise two hours before bed
>don't eat too late but don't go to bed starving
>follow natural light, go to bed at sundown, wake up at sunrise, if you can

helpers:
>passion flower tea
>meditation before bed
>camomile
>calm music/forest sounds/rain sounds
>write down thoughts before sleeping, keep journal or notebook on bedside
>regular exercise earlier in day, like running in the morning
>healthy diet

don't:
>alcohol
>drive yourself to exhaustion
>stress before bed
>grind your thoughts

Went through a seriously bad bout of insomnia which lasted about 6 weeks, i pretty much had to ride it out and keep telling myself i would get back to normal... things that helped - A routine, wake up, go to work, to go gym, relax, go to bed, repeat. 5 HTP works wonders on improving mood and helping sleep, and yeah having a night filter on phone, laptop etc and only using bedroom to sleep pretty much with the expception of chillin for a few hours in there once and a while.... But trust me when i say this, my insomnia was chronic and im now beginning to get my sleep (and life) back on track, just takes time

shot of nyquil

underrated so hard

my sleep schedule gets fucked when my gf visits because my body isn't used to another person in bed. the following 5 days is a fucking nightmare trying to reset my schedule. i'm up at 6am typing this because while i'm very tired i know it'll take me 90min+ to actually fall asleep. i fucking hate getting knocked off my circadian rhythm

i don't know how the NEETs do it, sleeping at shit like 7am-4pm then 2am-1pm the next day

>DON'T
>stress before bed
>grind your thoughts

YOU SAY THAT LIKE IT'S SO EASY YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

>i don't know how the NEETs do it
Step 1: Go to sleep when tired
Step 2: Sleep six to eight hours
Step 3: Get up whenever because you have nothing to do

I know NEETs are supposed to be filled with self hatred and whatever, but honestly it feels pretty damn good.

weed

Regular wake-up and sleeping time helps.
Turn off your electronics or put on something very passive if you're the type who can fall asleep to the television.
Avoid caffeine after a set time. (would do the same with alcohol cause I can't sleep on it but muh social mores prohibits it)
Avoid excercising too late in the day.

If i've gone for 4-5+ days with a really fucked up sleep schedule I either stay up the entire night to fix it or take Propiomazine an hour before going to sleep.

>meditate before bed
>write down your thoughts, keep journal or notebook by the bed

This will help you, doggo. May you have a good sleepytime.

I find that most of me keeping up is my mind starts racing.

I get up, write in my journal about it like a buff Doug and then it really clears my mind. I then sleep easier than Rodney King.

What's a good app for reducing the blue light on your phone at night?

Tfw I can easily get 14 hrs of amazing sleep a night because my igf and test levels are so high.

This. Being NEET was top tier sleep gains.

exercise

Put on a normal movie or video in the background. I usually can't finish a 5 minute YouTube video while in bed.

I ate through my entire months worth of internet doing that. In three days.