/FAT/ General

Prev thread >Confess your cheat meals edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

myfitnesspal.com/profile/mattlgroff
docs.google.com/document/d/11Xi1XPMRJB6A9Ws04kNPd2V0ScMmtRovOHmJmMCxVTk/edit?usp=sharing
livestrong.com/article/434236-why-do-you-lose-weight-after-a-nights-sleep/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

should we include in the copy pasta scooby's custom meal planner? I think we should.

Never seen it before. Couldn't hurt though? Maybe some infographic on intermittent fasting too since that's taken off in these threads.

IM NOT GONNA MAKE IT

I buy mocha chocolate bars and eat 2 small pieces a day also I've been using coconut oil to fap with , it's great !!!

When you fuck up your day with one meal is it best to try to salvage the day or do you guys just throw it to the wind?

I blew out my goal with one meal almost and now I just wanna go whole hog.

You should be lifting from day 1. If you don't have gym access do bodyweight.

If you're a man you WILL regret not lifting day 1. You can get great noob gains and even put on muscle as a beginner. You'll raise your TDEE and wont look like a freak when you've lost weight.

Please start lifting.

You should salvage but depending on how bad I fuck up I keep going.

I only eat once a day and try to keep under 1000kcal over-shotting everything (again, I just eye measure so my 200g might be 230g or 170g), so I don't have fuck up meals.

Im doing light cardio, instead, you think lifting is the way to go?
I have a basic weights set at home.

Is this a decent routine to start on?

I want an energy drink to get me through the day and I figure if today is already a loss I may as well.

Good for you.

There are plenty of 0 calorie energy drinks. I highly recommend NOS if you can find the 0 Cal version.

Yeah I always wondered if 0 cal soft drinks are really ok for you.

I drink 2 Coke Zeroes a day to quit my 3 day soda habit, am I still fucked or is it a better alternative?

You should do both. Don't take the light cardio away.
If you can do even half that routine start doing it.

Of course it isn't healthy but if you're going to get one go for 0 Cal.
It's a start but try iced tea.

I just run every second day because my future job will need more cardio than strength.

I wanna look like this one day

What are the negative effects of it, other than the obvious tooth decay?

I'd say meet in the middle. Don't go fucking crazy with 9000 calories but don't kill yourself quite yet over it. If you keep doing it the next day you need to stop, evaluate your ass and stone for the sins.

Then start lifting immediately.

I'm looking in to a new gym for more lifting. Sucks I'll be paying for two memberships though.

We're all not gonna make it brah

Add everyone on MyFitnessPal so we can keep eachother on track!
myfitnesspal.com/profile/mattlgroff

Stone = Atone. Fuck you phone.

>haven't had a cheat meal, snack or any sort of stall in the past two months
>went down to 65,7 kg
>goal is 63
You guys better stop fuckin around, this ain't no game.

Yeah I remember my first two months.

This is my third year.

Brahs i need help, going strong 3 weeks in a row now. Lost over 20 lbs, but theres cake in the fridge and i didnt eat anything today because i ate too much yesterday, what do i do? What keeps you strong in these dark hours? Also did nofap ever effect your determination? I see a pattern that whenever i break nofap when im dieting i usually break the diet soon after.

I think I'm getting better.
Before I used to scarf down 2000cal fast food like it wasnt shit
Now I feel physically and emotionally shit after even small junkfood binges.

I think the mental shift is significant.
On it brah

I notice if I fap the night before I gym I don't want to go.
I fap once a week now since I gym 6x a week. Great orgasm.

currently 5'8, 155lbs. got clean from heroin and quit a construction job about a month ago and i've been really sedentary and eating really carelessly, put on about 15lbs so i guess i'm not as bad off as a lot of others itt.

started getting back on the horse this past saturday. primarily all i'm eating is protein (mostly chicken) along with a fruit and vegetable smoothie in the morning. probably going to add a fiber supplement to my diet starting tomorrow.

currently using an eliptical machine to pedal 10 miles a day (five in the morning, five in the evening), going to restart convict conditioning because i lost all my muscle and i've got no access to a gym.

but it kind of sucks because i haven't dropped a single pound since saturday, kek. oh well.

Mate jumping off heroin is hard, you're in no worse or better starting position here. Fat is for anyone looking to lose weight. Count calories if you want to shed pure numbers.

Eat some cucumber with a little sprinkle of salt, or a carrot, or tomatoes. It's still calories, very little and it's better than a relapse and the following guilt.

>That feel when great value yoghurt is better than other brands of yoghurt

great job on the heroin user

>weigh myself this morning
>280.0
>weigh myself after dinner
>287.6
>poop
>weigh myself again
>281.4

what the hell?

I lost thirteen pounds and eight percent body fat in four months. Does it seem like I'm on the right track? I'll be honest I slipped for a week for midterms and finals.

That's a lot of poop but 280 lbs is a lot of person

Just weigh yourself once in the morning after you pee. You'll see much more accurate progress over time. Don't stress about fluctuations during the day.

Sweet fucking christ you eat at the lest 5.5 pounds of food?

Sweet christ portion bruh jesus

re posting my 30 day fast log from the previous thread if anyone wants to see if i fail hard or just die docs.google.com/document/d/11Xi1XPMRJB6A9Ws04kNPd2V0ScMmtRovOHmJmMCxVTk/edit?usp=sharing

>not teaching yourself proper nutrition to stay Veeky Forums

I only had 1777 calories today

It was about 42oz of food, not counting the milk (32oz) and water (64oz)

Pic related

Also I threw out the really bad stuff (like mayo), but kept some of the borderline stuff like the drumsticks and chourico until I can finish it up to clean out my freezer/fridge.

i am, ive been on track since jan. i weighed 320 im down to 269/270 now. with proper eating and exercise

> tfw finally fit enough to join Veeky Forums
Feels good brehs

Is this a good routine?

will getting less fat help my low t and weak erections?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

t. Ex 300lb fatty.

did you ever get tested for low T?

mine fluctuated between 150-250 ng/dL which is borderline treatable, so i cant even get testosterone shots

It's not bad.

That's sucks man! Last mine was tested was she. I was around 240ish. I think my T-levels were 335. Gonna get another test soon to make sure everything is on the up and up during my diet.

Don't forget to pee in your undies though

You lose weight when you sleep
you body is literally doing billions of reactions all night and it burns up some materials into energy

If you weigh yourself before bed and in the morning hours later, you will notice a difference. I can lose up to 2 pounds between just about bed time and right after waking up

>You lose weight when you sleep
not much. less than half a pound

So are you saying if I sleep more, I will lose more weight?

Depends. I actively run hot and wake up dehydrated at least twice a night. Even in winter. Something something core temperature something something. My doc explained it to me once. I drink 2-4L a night during sleep.

I need some help with my meals. I don't mind eating the same thing every day as long as I'm getting the nutrients.

I have ~273 calories and need 41g of protein and 20g of fiber.

I can get about 24g of protein with a whey shake, but what about the fiber?

True. Sleeping actively burns more energy than being awake. There's a study on it. I lost over 40kg by doing nothing but drinking and sleeping for 18-20hrs a day

High fat% is often associated with low Test. Eat better, lose weight, and lift; all of these will increase your test. Also try not to be stressed out, the cortisol isn't good for your T level either.

Does prediabetes go away? I've heard people refer to prediabetes as Diabetes on some Diabetes forums

livestrong.com/article/434236-why-do-you-lose-weight-after-a-nights-sleep/

Even if you burn 50% more calories than a regular person (unlikely, you would be constantly feverish), a 300 pound man would still only burn 1800 calories in 8 hours of sleep.

OATZ. specifically steel cut

That captcha took like 5min to solve I hate this website sometimes.

235 days
133lbs gone
and still no end in sight

It's demoralising a tells ya

Starting weight? Goal weight?

133lbs is great. That's almost 4lbs/week

sw was 310
I'm gonna keep going until I lose the belly, then I'll be happy

Yeah, these captchas are awful lately.

Even 1/2 cup more of oats for breakfast is only an extra 5g of protein and 4g of fiber.

I was thinking lentils but I've never had them before. 1 cup = 230 calories, 40g carbs, 16g fiber, 18g protein

My Man 133lbs is huge, well done. I always try to think of a certain saying:
How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

Don't look at the amount you've yet to lose, look at the week. 'I will lose Xlbs this week'. Weigh yourself weekly (I do it Monday mornings), and little by little you'll see the change. And sometime in the future, you'll look at the scale and realise just how far you've come. As you climb the mountain, don't look up and despair at how much farther you need to go, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Before you know it, you'll have made it, and you'll turn around, look back and say 'wow look what I just did'.

Ah I've just had another look at your food. Maybe try replacing the quick oats with steel cut? They have more fibre IIRC. Also, that's a lot of protein, why is your goal so high?

Yes and no. You're probably more likely to get full blown beetus if you let yourself go again.

I did 40% carbs, 20% fat, 40% protein for macro goals.

Lads, I'm 310 lbs up from 193 lbs over the last 2 1/2 years, my main problem is discipline. When I am cutting I have such a fucking problem if I get a whiff of garbage food I'll just say "oh I can start tomorrow its no big deal" but then it does become a big deal and I fucking hate myself for it. Any tips

Get MFP and put EVERYTHING in there. This will help you visualise what you're eating, and it'll make you think a little bit before you eat it (it takes a bit more effort to open up your phone, search for and log an item than just putting it in your mouth).

for me, once I got past the 4 week barrier it was a case of
>hmm, I could order pizza tonight, but that will bring my average up and slow down progress
>nope, not worth it

can't say the same will happen for everyone, but once you're a good stretch in, it just becomes common sense to not throw it away
and even if you do fuck up, one day isn't going to change much, so long as you get straight back on the horse

Yeah, I'm a lazy fuck so myfitnesspal sometimes seems like a chore to use, but I know it's what needs to be done. I'm gonna try to drill it into my head and use it right after I eat every meal. Thanks man.

I had an idea to start meditating if I start getting a craving for shit food to help me train my discipline. I'm not sure how much it'll help but it is worth a shot I think.

So if I take care of myself am I still in the category of "prediabetes"?

I'm hoping that Diabetes cure that happened a few days ago ends up coming to the market within the next few years.
I need to erase my shame.

Pre-diabetic is literally a non-issue if you stay healthy. You can pull yourself out of it. Again you're just more likely to go back in if you regress.

i've just realized that being on a deficit means deficit from your tdee and i've been doing a 500 kcal deficit from my bmr

tfw i've actually had a daily deficit of around 1400 kcal.. now i know why i felt like shit all the time and lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks

will i die

I'm fucking miserable that I'm not progressing very much right now even though my graph is still fairly linear I just want to reach my goaaaaaal

Just do a recovery week
You will feel better, eat at maintenance and retain same amount of physical activity.
Afterwards, make sure you're on a 500 cal deficit, its normal to feel like crap when cutting.

>15lbs in 3 weeks

thanks
is 500 the max deficit one should do?
i feel like i could do 700

He doesn't even need to do that. Could just go straight to a 500 calorie deficit or even a 1000 deficit. Both would feel like way more than what he is doing now, without having to go through 2 adjustment periods.

The size of your deficit depends mostly on how fat you are. As a general rule I wouldn't go below 1200-1500 calories total a day. the most important thing is how sustainable it is.

I need someone to totally rip me a new one with this.

So I've got some illnesses that are holding me back from losing weight... It's not making it impossible, but it is difficult. Pituitary, not this low metabolism shit. Anyway, I love to cook, but eating is secondary. I have no issue with cutting out calories. My problem is with exercising.

I was exercise-bulimic when I was 13 or 14. For the better part of my day I did hard-cardio. Seven hours minimum. Lost 30 lbs. in less than a month because I never ate my father's shit food, then I hit the plateau line. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep a night? Usually 2 or less, and I was perfectly functioning. Before bed and in the morning I did close to an hour of core exercises, sit ups, push ups, planks... The toning shit. I was obsessed with the number on the scale and weighed myself well over ten times a day. I just kept working out and never stopped until one day I collapsed. It was kind of warm that day, but not overly so, and my meniscus tendon was fucked up (tore it several years prior and it never healed right). All the students were running track except me and two other girls who were sick, and I was standing by the fence before I just fell down. I don't remember anything else that happened that day, although I'm alive and here so it probably wasn't too bad.

Part of me is a little worried that I'm going to fall back into the number obsession and hurt myself. I'm good with food, but I remember how much I pushed myself and how terrible I felt when I jumped on the scale for the 7th time in 24 hours and saw I gained 3 lbs. right after a meal and a lot of water... I know, right?

I can't seem to find the middle ground. I'm either maxed out or completely at zero. If someone could slap me and tell me in the meanest way to get my shit together, I would greatly appreciate it.

You don't need to work out to lose weight.

thanks
i'm 6'3 down from 235 to 220 in those 3 weeks, bf around 20% i'd say
tdee is 3200 and i cut at 1800 kcal (bmr is around 2300)

i might just do a 700 kcal deficit cut @2500 kcal

You should be cutting more than that. Put the tdee calculator to sedentary.

oh shit now it says tdee 2600
ill just cut at 2000

thanks user

i lost that in 1 week, currently in 2000+ cal defecit

won't you just gain something back after you stupid cutting and eat at maintence again?

how do you cope with the hunger

Who else /obsessed/ with cardio here

Been running like an absolute mad man the last 4 months. I run at least 20 miles a week. I just jogged a mile and a half to my gym, did a 45 minute high intensity interval pyramid on a treadmill, and then jogged back home

I feel FUCKING AMAZING laying in bed rn and I'm gonna sleep like a drugged baby tonight

FUCK LIFTING WEIGHTS

i think about how beautiful i will look ;_;
having distractions also helps (vidya)

my tdee is around 3200 calories which i never plan on going back to

I unironically don't want to get big

especially while playing vidya i got cravings whenever i died and just sat there looking at the screen waiting to respawn

every time this happened i chewed 4 bubble gums at once lol

just get used to the pain then, remember why your dropping weight

having a reason besides "i dont want to be fat" is essential

and enjoy the few meals you get to have

>having a reason besides "i dont want to be fat" is essential
why? pretty much every other reason boils down to "i don't want to be fat"

Not a fatty but I love fasting. 24h twice a week master race

>48hr a week
How is that anything special though? If you sleep 7hrs a night that's already 49hrs of not fasting a week.

your more likely to stay motivated and more importantly not put the weight back on
think of it like this
>want to run a marathon
>to heavy to run long distance and not fuck up legs
>need to drop weight
>now can run marathon
a shit example but basically weight loss should be a way of achieving a goal and not the goal itself

I just started doing cardio, cut out most of the junk food, and am doing some body weight exercises.

I'm already noticing a difference but I have a few diet questions:

- when can I start drinking again
- how do I avoid the fast food issue (especially with friends)
- I'm planning on joining a gym instead of just doing pushups/crunches, do I need to start using protein powder

>when can i start dieting?
when you can afford to fit it into your diet
>how do i avoid the fast food issue?
meal prep or just get something small
>do i need to start using protein powder
that depends on what your end goal is and are you getting enough protein already