HELP Veeky Forums! My gf said I go to the gym too often, and said "she doesn't like how I'm starting to look"...

HELP Veeky Forums! My gf said I go to the gym too often, and said "she doesn't like how I'm starting to look". I go to the gym 4 times a week max, and have been working out for 2 years. Been with gf for about 3,5 years. I don't wanna lose my gains because my gf is pissed. What should I do? Pic not related.

Dump her. Sounds clingy and she just wants more of your time. Fuckin gains goblin

Lose the girl. Mine makes me a workout kit with folded towels and a protein shake before each session

Yours clearly realises she isn't good enough for you and is trying to destroy your looks so she stays in your league

Well, do you look stupid? You can be fit and still look ridiculous. Lower body fat or high muscle mass does not automatically produce good looks.

In any event, it's probably because your girlfriend is insecure. Someone who truly has your best interest in mind will encourage to better yourself, not put you down. Or maybe your attention at the gym is greater then your relationship? Honestly op, there could be a whole slew of reasons why she is being this way, you'll have to give more detail.

That's nice, man. Very cute. I wish I had a gf like that.

Shoo shoo gains goblin!
Dump the fucker. Nothing is more important than you and your gains.

she's feeling threatened by the fact that you dont look like shit, and will leave her for a girl of a higher tier than her.

I'm currently 185cm 75kg with around 9-10%bf. I started from skeleton mode, probably from like 67kg. I'm haven't quite made it yet, but I'm seeing the positive effects on my outlook. People, esp. girls, are noticing me differently. I see my gf around 2-4 days/week. Shit, do you think she's just jealous?

A girlfriend who doesn't support your goals is not worth your time. End of story.

Any girl who tires to stop you from going to the gym is an insecure lil cunt.

>taking women's (or anyone's) word at face value

Pretty much.
"oh no what will I do if he gets too hot for me, he'll dump me!"
Trust me, you're not the only one who's gone through it. My ex reacted pretty much the same way.

>9-10%bf
Were you that lean before? Maybe she doesn't like the veinyness. Have you considered gaining weight? It'll improve your lifts too.

I wouldnt trust her. Not liking how you look compared to what? an average non fit dude? I call bullshit. Maybe she's getting insecure that you'll do better if you keep getting hotter. I've seen this too many times.

Women are not to be trusted unless they fully support you in everything. If they don't, it's purely with their own interests at heart, never yours. I wish I had a better pic related.

Tell her she's getting to fat and you don't like how she's starting to look.

Genius.

Is she insecure? Maybe shes into skeletons. It's weird that some women actually prefer the hipster skeleton type. It's normal for people to get upset when their girlfriend/boyfriend get fat, but is it really that far fetched that a girl might get upset if her ideal body type boyfriend changes? But she's probably just insecure. What you could do is actually talk her and try to search for a root reason of why she's resistant to you.

how is going to teh gym 4 times a week too much, and why does she have a problem with that?

i'm hoping to marry someone i can go to the gym with. maybe it's not the most important thing for most people but like.

idk it sucks she's not supportive.

I've always been low % BF, the fattest I've ever been is probably around 14-15%. I've pretty much always been a hardgainer skeleton. At first when I had some gains she liked it, now it's getting "too much" for her.

>hard gainer

why do people use these terms on a board that is supposed to be redpilled on lifting?

Shit, I'm getting doubts about my gf. Should I start being tougher on her? Maybe I am acting beta and that's why she's acting this way.

>is it really that far fetched that a girl might get upset if her ideal body type boyfriend changes?

Yes. All women are the same. Women pretending to be different have an ulterior motive.

>take lazy couch potato succubus gains stealing gf
>convince her to go with you to gym
>introduce her to lifting
>she falls in love with working out
>congrats you're now dating a fit chick

Making gains and making love

It sounds like SHES acting beta mate. Women will undermine you psychologically to get their way. Admittedly if there is one thing a woman does better than a man, its manipulate. It's very natural for them. Don't lower yourself to meet her insecurities. She should be at your level or she can fuck off. Pic very related. And correct.

>Maybe I am acting beta and that's why she's acting this way.

Gold star for you!

I've done this, but she almost starts to cry when I give her tips on lifting at the gym. She turns shy and awkward when we are together at the gym. Anyone else have this problem?

I really hate the female mind, this is exactly what I DON'T WANT in a female.

But it seems they're all like this?

And for the record, this is also correct. Dont let fags dissuade you. Anyone who has had experience with many women of varying types, casually, FWB, long term relationships, etc etc and is not a retard knows this to be true. Think on it mate.

They mostly are. But not if you catch a virgin and teach her about the world. Men seeking virgins and younger women is not an accident. In the eyes of a child, mother is god. In the eyes of the mother, her husband is god.

Ignore it. She's trying to fatten you up so that you won't leave her. Lots of women do this. But, if she doesn't like how you look when you gain weight, she will dump you. You do you and if she can't handle that, then you weren't meant to be.

At 185cm and 75kg I doubt it's that you're too big, unless she has a skeleton fetish. The difference between 10% and 14% is big enough in this case that it may have suited her preferences better before, so if you actually want to change your body just to suit her preferences, I think gaining a few kilos, which will include fat, is the way to go.

Step
1. Dump GF
2. Get BF

Thank me later user

Because this board isn't redpilled on lifting. Most haven't even read the sticky.

1000 times this.

Dumb her dude that's a big red flag

I fully agree, I think women are ultimately not at fault. But how do we fix the men? I guess starting on ourselves desu

Increasing BF just to suit your gf's taste seem kinda beta desu

I'm sorry but it sounds like your girl kinda sucks. You're outta her league. What kind of self respecting human doesn't enjoy getting fit and exercising? You gotta ditch her m8

Women are programmed to tell you to look like shit so you'd have less chances with other women "muh teddy bear" etc bullshit is all part of that.

Damn desu bros I'm gonna be tougher on her and see if it corrects her behaviour.

It could be too late mate, but definitely something to consider in the future. It's not about control or dominance, it's about exuding a cool confidence and strength. Women need to feel secure, but if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

It always starts with you mate. Like good parents, you stay committed.

Tell her that you workout for yourself, and not for her.

Don't ever change your life for some stupid bitch. Tell her if she can't accept the way you want to live your life, then she can fuck off

God damn son that was a rough outburst

Have you asked her to elaborate? While this is clearly a gaingoblin red flag, you should explore the situation a bit more before you do anything drastic. Try talking it out with her, if she doesn't play ball or gets crazier, then you should end it asap.

She's just mad because she wants to spend more time with you.

If you want to stay together: Explain why you're working out, make it so that she couldn't possibly in good conscience aegue against it, i.e. 'working out to gain control over myself, so I can be someone I can respect' 'I want to be strong enough to protect you' or something similar. Ask why it bothers her, the reasons she has already told you are most likely not the real reasons keeping her pissed off. After a confession, be reassuring with whatever stupid insecurities she might have.

The next time you're going to the gym, take her with you. Show her what it is that you and make her try it out. Involve her in your workout. When you're done, take a shower together, cuddle and thank her for coming with you.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to have a serious conversation about respect, personal space, and boundaries. If it ends in her leaving you, she clearly lacks respect for you and the relationship wouldn't have worked out for long anyways.

Do not, at any point, get angry with her. This will give her the moral high ground in her mind and you will lose any chance of making this right. She will either leave you or guilt trip you in making changes for the worse.

Don't flip out, just calmly explain in a non-condescending way that you really enjoy working out and it's good for your health.

Well post your body, so we can decide whether er not she's right. Otherwise this thread is pointless.

This. But let her know you're gonna keep lifting and smash that 2pl8

inb4

>OP listens to his gf
>gets fat and loses gains
>now OP is fat and weak, most likely depressed as well
>"you are not the same OP i once loved"

Women can manipulate you so i wouldn't risk it. You could lose gains before you even realise it.

Damn bro where'd you find her?

Also OP, she is definitely noticing others looking at you and is getting jealous/territorial and is trying to keep you down. You have the reigns now, you have the power in the relationship.

If you didn't tell her "yeah right you love this" then you're beta as fuck dead serious

Look routines you like for her and invite her to accompany you or try to have her help you find one.
Be nice, as inspiring as you can and interested on her compagny.
Her behaviour in front of this will tell you everything you need.

Tried getting my gf to come gym but would rather sit on the couch watching true blood, ex on the beach and shit like that.

Convincing myself to dump her after this wedding shit we have to attend.

I'm not going to let her bully me with her woman games, anons. I will keep working out and growing, she will adapt. I will lead this relationship now.

>considering to lose your hobby and life path for some fucking pussy
>making it
even by asking this question you dropped... if some girl would ask me to abandon something what i honestly enjoy in my life and it's good for me i would show her door...

Heres a sad truth:
Girls need to feel that they have power and the easiest way to do that in a relationship is to be the better looking one thats why she wants to harm you.
She is afraid that if you get better looking, more confident etc she isn't the one settling and then she'll have to put in effort to keep you.
Girls hate that,

I am willing to bet she has some rather mean sides to her that you do not like at all but since you love her you hope & belive she'll get better.
She won't.

Keep lifting and try to improve your personal traits. Give her a chance to join our in improving yourselves but if she brings you down tha best thing for you is to keep improving without her.

also stop trying to fuck everything that walks within 20 feet of you, get some standards

Don't be an ass about it though. Simply explain that fitness is an integral part of who you are and she can either accept that or find somebody less into fitness.

I'm dating currently a fit girl, she likes my muscles but even she said that she doesn't likes it when I have visible abs, so I'm between 18-20% bf.
The good thing is that my training weight goes higher.

/thread

>Im going to get my garlic bread out of the oven

>be me
>be counting calories and going to the gym 5x a week
>girlfriend wants to start going to the gym with me, she's shorter and a little chunkier than me but I love her to death
>she gets a lot of healthier food for the house and sticks with a diet for about 3 weeks goes to the gym 5x a week
>falls off the wagon and stops going
>stops cooking delicious and nutritious meals
>starts eating McDonks breakfast again
>gains back all the weight she lost
>see user its my genetics that are bad
>suppress my rage because she has no willpower to better herself, even with me encouraging her every step of the way

(OP)

She wants to not care about how she looks and doesn't want you to become more attractive than her. I've had it happen to me, went from making great progress to dating a girl and gaining 10% bf with gains losses. Its not worth it, you want a girl who encourages you to be the best you you can be.

Just continue doing what you do, shrug it off, see where it goes... you dont want to start all over again

I know that you're being honest but I don't understand the emotions your picture implies

Don't fall for it bud. She wants you chubby so some hotter chick doesn't pick you off.

If you stop doing what you love and lose your gains for a girl, you're a bitch.

This guys knows

she is getting angry because your sexual market value (SMV) is getting higher than it was and probably higher than hers.

she's going to tell you to stop because the better you look, the less of a sure thing to her you become so she feels threatened

tell her to fuck off and keep doing what you want

Tell her it's pretty rude of her not to support you since you really like it and that you'll keep working out anyway

Deep seated hatred I guess

A guys SMV will never be higher than a woman's unless he is rich or a model.
And even then it doesn't matter, because whether you have 100 males as option or 200 women - you can find someone almost instantly.

This is incorrect. Relatively attractive men don't stop looking attractive until well into their 40s, sometimes into their 50s. Women peak at 23.

But thanks for reminding me that the majority of this board is under 18 and is still worrying about prom

You can't fix anything unless you'll fix yourself. It's simple, become Veeky Forums, find nice woman whom you'll SLOWLY and i mean SLOWLY expose to the degenracy that is currently in the west, have kids and raise them right. Be vocal about your opinions, when somebody ask you about dating tell them without shame that you'd only date a virgin becasue you don't date to only fuck but to have relationship which will develop into marriage.
tl;dr
start with yourself and others will follow.

Its a quote from the movie just about business cards and tells the states of you guys and women.
Cards.

>lifting 4 years
>dating 3.5
She's found someone new, and is coming up with bullshit reasons to dump you.

Thats juvenile as fuck. You're worse than she is at that point and breaking up would be bad since you're both assholes made for each other at that point. Unless she legit is getting fat, but OP didn't say that

Maybe her type is just skinny. Guys on Veeky Forums have preferences, why can't she? How would a guy feel if his skinny gf became a bodybuilder? Some would break up for sure

>>>>>

>take control of ypur woman
Fucking top kek. I know this might be too much for your head to processes, but they're people, not dogs.
>In b4 women are dogs
You're literally feminist Tumblr tier of bias at this point, as in you're just saying the male version of their bs

so you're saying a good looking, tall, athletics guy's SMV will never be higher than his jealous 5/10 gf?

right

She doesn't trust you as an authority figure or as someone who knows what they're doing. I did this with ex bfs because they were stupid and didn't know what they were talking about. Current bf is more competent and I will actually listen to
She probably doesn't like or respect you much, but is too insecure to break up. Just like many guys on Veeky Forums

Also the reason you can't tell a guy this stuff straight up is because then they'll cry as their ego is crushed and they get extremely defensive/ short tempered with you. Guys are bad at handling bad news from girls, their emotional brain takes over the rational part

>female mind
>implying those sentiments are female exclusive
Males can be just as stupid and shallow, if not more. I mean come on, have you seen fit?

You just gotta work on her, OP. My current gf is concerned that when I go innaArmy after uni I'll get too thin from all the running (bear mode now, and she likes that). Just convince her that GAINS are what matter and you can still be big and lean.

Either that or she started dating you BECAUSE you weren't in good shape and now she's afraid you'll ditch her for a real qt.

This is fantastic. My gf makes me lean meals, but I need to start convincing her of this. Good find, user.

> you're just saying the male version of their bs
I genuinely think tumblr feminazis and MGTOW's should date. They have so much in common

>>

beta

There's plenty of girls that like skeletons, just like there's plenty of guys on fit that have expressed a preference for skeletons
>only males are allowed to have a preference
Oh boy

Your post is off topic and doesn't belong here
>Reported

100% this

You're an idiot and this relationship will fail. I mean it's already failing and you're stupid enough to take the advice of a bunch of angry bitter virgins from r9k, but it will completely dissolve soon enough at this rate if anything, most these guys are probably jealous and bitter you have a gf and are trying to make YOU fuck shut up so they feel better about their shitty situations

Manipulation doesn't make adults fat, you eating like a fucking pig makes you fat. Take responsibility for yourself fat.thats a "genetics" tier excuse for being fat

this

No wonder she doesnt listen to you. You obvious dont know much if you're this easily persuaded by such shitty arguments

>those run on sentences

Your fault for dating a fatty who thinks McDonald's is an okay breakfast in the first place.get some standards in the first place
>beggars can't be choosers