Water Fasting feels good

Anyone else here try water fasting?

Day 4, keeping hydrated with electrolytes and vitamins, first 48 hours felt hunger but not terrible. Now my hunger is gone, I have a lot of energy, and a feeling of not wanting to sit around and instead get shit done. A VERY alien feeling for a ham-planet.

Why didn't I try this shit sooner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCIBse6v3Qc
intensivedietarymanagement.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't put too much faith in daily vitamins bro, you don't know if they are being truthful

Don't sully Sawako, you dirty bitch. She's pure.

Good job, OP. Stop if you don't feel well. I wouldn't do more than 5 days without a doctor's supervision, but if you have no preexisting conditions, you should be fine for a while longer.

You can check your blood pressure at a grocery store or pharmacy. If it gets too low, stop. You might want to add Morton's™ Lite Salt, which has potassium to your supplements. And maybe Natural Calm Magnesium powder. Though under two weeks the nutrients stored in your body will probably suffice.

What is your height/weight/bf%? What is your goal with fasting? Good luck.

>Why didn't I try this shit sooner?

Not a lot of people know about it, even doctors don't know the benefits. It's one of those things that people think is crazy right now. Soon, they might learn.

I wish this fucking fasting meme would end more than sips bullshit.

>works
>is easy as fuck
>tons of benefits

Get used to it. It's the future of fitness, and will soon go mainstream.

It's another fad that will fade. I'm not worried at all, just annoying to see it pop up all due to one fucking retard.

>oldest diet in world history
>another fad

Pick one, m8 :^)

I did it for 21 days straight. Water only, went from 77kg to 68kg. Unless you've got plenty of time to relax and self-reflect, I wouldn't recommend it for over a week since there comes a point where its really hard to get up and actually do shit. The fat stays off as long as you don't binge like a pig after you're done with the fast.

Sure bud. Funny how only intermittent fasting was talked about till Dr Fungus' garbage was posted here.

>restaurants HATE him

What's wrong with Dr. Fun!?

Is it true that muscle mass generally won't be lost until going below 15% bf?

You're going to crash and binge eventually, likely very very soon if you're already four days in, thus rendering your dumbass meme fast pointless when you gain back all the weight. There's nothing wrong with eating extra light for a day or two out of every week, but prolonged periods of crash fasting is certifiably idiotic, unless you're Class III morbidly obese and a certified doctor recommends it as an emergency last resort.

>doctors don't know the benefits

Yes, I'm sure you know more about health than certified professionals who went to school for 8+ years and have years if not decades of experience. Why do you pseudoscientists always believe your perception of how things work is equivalent to how actual experts actually know that things work?

I love EF and I love EF haters even more.

Please, someone start shitposting about how OP's body will digest all of his muscle before his fat.

Fungfags for life.

So, what's with this meme.

Is this basically IF without the I, aka regular old fasting?

Yep. It's just Fung shills.

Yes. Probably more like below 6% or less. The studies that show muscle loss confuse fat attached to organs as muscle tissue.

The body eats fat, then muscle, then organs. The muscle loss meme is a myth.

doctors know nothing about nutrition.

>I'm sure you know more about health than certified professionals who went to school for 8+ years and have years if not decades of experience.

The same ones that say I should eat 200+ grams of carbs a day, and low fat? Calories in, calories out!

I did absolutely 0 research on the matter but I can't imagine the body not using an energy consuming and possible source of energy as an emergency energy source when completely deprived from external energy. I also imagine using fat as only energy source being bad and leading to ketoacidose but I'm not certain

How do I into water fasting? Currently cutting for beach season and I'd be down to at least give it a go for 3 days, maybe longer if I think it's efficient
I won't loose too much muscle mass will I?

Came here to post this

Could somebody provide a link or something to a reliable water fast? I am desperate to lose that last bit of extra weight but I don't want to harm myself.

Ever heard of hibernation? All that fat is stored for a reason. Humans don't hibernate, but we did hunt our food, and we had to have a storage mechanism for when the prey got away.

That's what fat is for, and holds many nutrients in reserve. It's the first to go. Once its all gone, then the muscle is used for food.

youtube.com/watch?v=vCIBse6v3Qc

Reddit.com/r/fasting

Yes, I know reddit, but it has stuff there. Basically you can fast 2-5 days a week no problem typically. Assuming you have no preexisting conditions.

More than 5 days, I'd say have a doctor supervise. And more than 5 days, to be safe you need a multivitamin with iron, Morton's Lite Salt (potassium), and maybe Natural Care Magnesium Powder.

Extended fasts like 2 weeks or more you need to ease into the refeeding process. Small paleo/keto meals might be good. Do your research.

Dr. Rungs audio books are torrents online.

Except for everything that they do know. You probably think that the kind of super high protein low carb diets that only bodybuilders eat is healthy, right?

You absolutely are supposed to eat that many carbs you fucking moron. Like the other guy, I bet you think high protein diet is what's healthiest right? High protein low carb is for bodybuilders and meme keto dieters only.

200+ grams of carbs and a couple dozen (anywhere from 30ish to maybe 80ish or 100 depending on your exact activity types and levels) grams of protein/fats each is the HEALTHIEST macro ratio. Again, bodybuilding diets are not the same as optimally healthy diets.

>You probably think that the kind of super high protein low carb diets that only bodybuilders eat is healthy, right?

no. what are you basing that on?

>You absolutely are supposed to eat that many carbs

also, what are you basing this on? are you under the impression that carbs are essential?

>High protein low carb is for bodybuilders and meme keto dieters

keto isn't a "high protein" diet.

>are you under the impression that carbs are essential?

Please dear god tell me you are joking. And if you aren't joking, I beg of you, for your own safety and well being, go read a nutritional textbook. Any nutritional textbook. The first one or two chapters should probably be plenty.

>are you under the impression that carbs are essential?

Like, jesus christ I seriously cannot believe there are people this legitimately retarded. What do you think the vast majority of calories in the vast majority of any kind of food are composed of? Why do you think everyone on this board praises carb heavy oats so much as a holy grail of food? How many carbs do you think Olympic and other professional athletes consume?

>no actual arguments suggesting that carbs are essential

noggin status: joggin'

you want to certify that comment bro

I am stating an established fact. You're the one making a ridiculous claim. Burden of proof lies on you. Should I also provide evidence that dousing yourself in gasoline and lighting yourself on fire is a bad idea?

>You absolutely are supposed to eat that many carbs you fucking moron

>falling for the carb meme

Cavemen had no grains, they only ate meat, and when they got lucky, berries.

>I am stating an established fact.

Like climate change? 99% of scientists, amirite?

let me guess. your brain requires about 100g of glucose a day, so you need to eat AT LEAST that much or you'll have a seizure and die, right?

Cave men also usually didn't live to be that old

It's really not that easy.

>Like climate change? 99% of scientists, amirite?

Lmao ok thanks, now I know exactly what kind of person I'm arguing with. So explain to me please. What NON-ANECDOTAL evidence do you possess that proves carbs are not essential? Also I'd prefer if you could at least use an accurate anecodate. Have you ever opened any history or anthropology book ever in your entire life? Carbs don't only come from grains you complete and utter fucking imbecile. Carbs make up almost all of the calories in fruits and vegetables, which our hunter-GATHER ancestors ate plenty of. There are also plenty of carbs in meat too, you absolute fucking nitwit. And when they got lucky? "Cavemen" ate meat when they got lucky and gathered vegetation commonly, not the other way around. Just how completely and totally ignorant of basic science and history are you?

When did I say anything about siezures? So if you can go a few days without dying without eating a certain type of food, that means that type of food is non-essential? Holy fucking hell with you kids and your anecdotal pseudoscience. Read a fucking book.

neither would you if you had tigers and shit trying to kill you

t. someone who's never tried it

What carbs do lions eat?

What's not easy about it? Zero planning or prep required.

How about the fact that people do just fine on the steak and eggs diet?

Once again, you are using an anecdote instead of FACTS and ESTABLISHED SCIENCE. Guess what moron: lions are not fucking humans. They are carnivores, humans are not even close to carnivores. And guess what else? Lions eat the carbs in meat, because there are fucking carbs in meat. There are carbs in literally goddamn everything.

The other guy you responded to meant that the science behind fasting was not that simple, not that water fasting wasn't an easy task to perform. It's no wonder you're such an ignorant fucking moron when you have such god awful reading comprehension skills.

I have tried it fag. I did 10 days before as well as multiple other shorter fasts. Most people have been conditioned since birth to eat every day and have some form of food addiction basically. It takes a lot of willpower to adhere to when you are surrounded by more cheap food than any other time in history.

What did I JUST say in the comment you responded to about using anecdotal evidence? And once again, you used an incorrect anecdote that doesn't help your argument at all. Go talk to a medical PROFESSIONAL about how people fare long term eating nothing but steak and eggs. I dare you. See what they say.

Why would I ask a medical professional about nutrition? As has been said already, they know fuck all about nutrition. You might not like it, but it's true. They simply don't get taught about it.

Yeah I did about 4 days. I was doing fine, I only started eating again because I was bored to death. Didn't reach the point of renewed energy that I always read about. Now I'm IF at sub-1000 calories a day. Still kinda wanna get shit done.

I will re-attempt a full 7 day fast on May 21-27. If I don't see some serious fat loss (into 220's, 238 now) after that, I don't know if I ever will.

They go to school for 8 years to learn how to treat symptoms, not how to cure anything. Also, they're not nutritionists/dieticians.
Fasting is shitted on because 1) most American adults are far too busy working to properly fast and wouldn't get any of benefits but rather, negatives 2) the medical industry would lose billions if everyone fasted like 1 day a week

No, they do not "know fuck all" about nutrition. And if you don't trust a general practioner, then go ask a dietician/nutrionist. You know damn well that these people are smarter than us and know more about these subjects than us, but the facts that they are experts in don't agree with the pseudoscience that you really wish was true, so you bury your head up your ass and claim without actual evidence that your bullshit is true.

Carbs are important. A long term healthy diet consists of plenty of carbs. Grow up and get over it. You have no argument.

Medicine is always changing.

>milk is bad!
>milk is good!
>eggs are bad!
>No, eggs are good!

Tonsillectomy, lobotomy, electroshock therapy, and more are just some of the procedures from the last century that were common place.

Sucking blood for leeches are another that was around for a long time.

t. big ag

Then what do dieticians and nutrionists say about it? Oh that's right, the same thing. Nobody said light intermittent fasting that you do one or two days a week was a problem. I literally even said in the comment that you responded to that light fasting once or twice a week was fine. Lazy fatasses doing dangerous, prolonged, multi-day crash water fasts that they're just going to undo later with even more dangerous binge eating is a problem.

>lions are not fucking humans

>hurr durr we're not lions
>durr look at this study with 5 rats that proves you need carbs

Wtf is "big ag"?

t. kiddie who can't accept reality and actual science that conflicts with their own incorrect pseudoscientific perceptions.

wtf is google

>Lazy fatasses doing dangerous, prolonged, multi-day crash water fasts that they're just going to undo later with even more dangerous binge eating is a problem.

I see where you're coming from, but those are dumb normie fats who don't research and are just looking for the "get rich quick" equivalent of weight loss. They aren't physically nor mentally prepared to take on a fast, and if OP was going to crash and binge he would've done it 2 days ago, tops. Those of us here are actually informed on the matter. The fact that OP got to 4 days shows that he's serious and probably did his research. Fat people should be ENCOURAGED to fast. "Safe" calorie restriction is a fucking meme and has been for decades. Fails 95% of the time, doesn't statistics tell us that the shit doesn't work?

It's clear to me that you don't understand why fasting works.

Let me get this straight. You tried to justify a piece of dietary science using anecdotal evidence of one animal, then created a strawman argument in which someone else tried to justify their piece of dietary science using a different animal, and you attacked the strawman for doing exactly what you had done? Man, the minds of retards are incredible sometimes.

Also, studies with vast numbers of humans are what prove the importance of carbs in human diets. Actually, you don't even really need studies. You literally just need to understand how the human body works. Go look at the macro nutrient breakdown of the diets of Olympians and other professional athletes. Do you think these people don't consume exhorbent amounts of carbs?

Because of calorie restriction. Same as any other effective method of weight loss.

Earlier you said that a healthy diet and a bodybuilder-type diet are different things (which is true). Why would a healthy diet and an Olympian-type diet be similar to each other?

See

Safe calorie restriction is not a meme, fatasses just lack the will to do it properly. A prolonged fast carries significantly higher chances of relapse, and fasting for that long in and of itself carries significant potential health dangers that are not a factor in steady calorie control.

>I'm sure you know more about health than certified professionals who went to school for 8+ years and have years if not decades of experience

If doctors know so much about it, why are there fat doctors?

Last reply.

I think you're wrong, and if you're open to a different viewpoint, read this: intensivedietarymanagement.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/

Because athlete diets try to optimize physical performance and health. I was trying to use athlete diets as an extreme example to demonstrate how essential carbs are for physical health and well being. People won't listen to basic, fundamental nutrional science that states that carbs, and lots of them, are absolutely essential for long term physical health, no matter what kind of lifestyle you live.

My problem with "muh 500 calorie restriction" is that it isn't very useful for us obese people who are basically addicted to food/eating. I've done it before, and sure I was mildly successful, but I was also miserable, anxious and hungry as fuck the entire time (8 months until illness struck). Fasting is a great way to quit eating problems "cold turkey". And for me, it has greatly reduced my appetite and frequency of hunger pains despite a low-calorie diet. The "safe" meme is good for people who are like 20 lbs overweight tops because the shit becomes unbearable after that.

>muh inaccurate anecdotal evidence

So as soon as someone knows that something is bad for their health, they'll automatically stop doing that thing? Why is smoking still prevalent then? Jesus christ how stupid are you?

I tried water fasting at 7% bf and felt like complete shit. It was towards the end of a long and horrible cut. This is useful only for people at higher bf % right?

I'm so happy I'm not cutting anymore.

then dont engage in the thread retard

>carbs, and lots of them, are absolutely essential for long term physical health, no matter what kind of lifestyle you live

tell that to the inuits

it actually blows my mind that people seriously think you NEED hundreds of grams of carbs every day.

yup

keep ur sodium levels up otherwise should be able to maintain endurance and power

This is a thread about fasting. if u dont like fasting, or dont believe it works or what the fuck ever, gtfo and join another thread. this thread isnt for you!
ive done a 5day water fast!
best thing ive done my entire life.

dont listen to the carb shills! they just can't fanthom or understand that constant carb overload and eating 247/ is a marketing scam to make people consume more. either that or they are fat muricans who can't tolerate other people not being as fat and toxic as they are.

This. My wife is a medical assistant, I told her I wanted to try a water fast, and she gains goblin'd me so hard telling me I was going to die, have no energy for kids, etc. So I just gave up. Got her to agree to a protein shake fast tho so at least that's something.

Goodbye sweet autophagy gains

Currently on Day 2 of a water fast here. The hunger isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Not sure how long I'll go, I'm just playing it by ear.

Is every person on Earth a fucking Inuit? You're STILL doing nothing but providing inaccurate anecdotes as "evidence" in an attempt to disprove established dietary science.

It actually blows my mind that people seriously think the average human doesn't need large quantities of carbs in their diet. And once again dumbass, carbs are in damn near everything. Unless you're eating an exclusivley meat diet, you are eating lots of carbs. Even with just meat, you'd still be eating a pretty decent amount of carbs.

Going to college for 4 years and then medical school for 4 doesn't magically make you an expert on all things nutrition. As in everything, its important to look at the facts and think for yourself instead of running around looking for a white coat to trust implicitly

Athletes eat a great deal of carbs because it's cheap, quickly digested and fast energy. Which they are using a huge amount of on a daily basis. If every human ate "tons" of carbs daily like you prescribe, everyone would ge-- wait a minute. There's an obesity problem because people eat too much food! Carbs are so cheap and easy to cram into anything and everything processed that, yes, everything is saturated to the bliss point with sugar. Carbs are not essential, with the caveat that if you are extremely active and need a lot of calories, carbs are a fantastic way to meet your goals in a way that doesn't over stress your liver. Keto is not harmful even in the long term so long as you're not eating some huge calorie count daily and taxing your liver with the ketone processing.

No, you are objectively incorrect. Carbs are 100% essential for long term health. Carbs are not just an energy source. They are needed for a huge array of nutrional needs as well. AND as an energy source, they are significantly more efficient and proper than anything else. Because your body literally evolved to use them that way. Avoiding carbs long term is not good for your health.

no. leave this thread sugar shill

Carbs are a macronutrient containing three things. Fiber, starch and sugar. Fiber is irreplaceable due to its assistance in digestion. However it, itself is not digested. Ketosis encourages the consumption of fiber. Sugar is replaceable by ketones. The brain uses it well, and if the body still has ketones in it when sugar is reintroduced, it still uses ketones until they are depleted before switching back, revealing ketones as The preferred energy source by the brain. The last bit is starch. What does starch contain? Polysaccharides. What is a polysaccharide? Sugar molecules bound together. When digested it turns into glycogen, and if not used, turns into glucose and stored as fat. What else do carbohydrates do for you aside from provide your cells with energy so they can create, destroy, pass nutrients and any other number of required processes they perform? Energy that can be supplied by ketone bodies created by the liver from fat.

I did 7 days once. Best experience of my life desu.