I started the Keto Diet 5 days ago. However, I've been feeling like absolute shit since yesterday afternoon

I started the Keto Diet 5 days ago. However, I've been feeling like absolute shit since yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday:
>Headaches
>Really bad muscle and joint aches
>Nausea
>Loss of appetite

Then last night, things took weird turn:
>Headache started to fade away
>Muscle aches were gone
>REALLY bad Diarrhea

The diarrhea is just pure liquid. It was so bad last night that I shit on myself in my sleep like 4 times.

I'm a little concerned that this may not be the keto flu, and that it may be something else. But if this is the keto flu, how do I get rid of the diarrhea. I had to take off work today because I'm running to the bathroom like every half hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell
psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fiber would probably help

Fiberous vegetables, dude. Eat a big head of brocolli daily, and you'll be fine.

What should I eat for fiber?

yeah . fibrous foods will prob help .
for dehydration drink some pickle juice and wash it down with water

>deprive body of essential nutrients
>get sick
How could this happen?

Leafy veggies. Oat products.

Fuck broccoli.

>fell for the keto meme

just eat clean

Can't eat oats on keto though. I still don't have an appetite, and the thought of eating more veggies literally makes me want to gag right now...

I just wanted to give it a try, but if I'm better by tomorrow,then fuck this.

>he fell for the keto meme
Don't tell me you actually listened to Joe Rogan?

>carbohydrates
>essential

how are there people on the internet who literally still think this?

Fuck keto. I tried it for about 2 months and my headaches never went away, felt like shit the whole time. Next cut I'm not going to be doing that shit again.

Sooooo...the symptoms I'm experiencing are normal for keto flu?

Yes. Your body is adapting to using ketones for fuel. Eat more vegetables.

Make sure you eat enough fat to meet your caloric requirements as well

>carbohydrates
>essential

?

I'll try. How long does this bullshit last? I have like zero appetite right now.

>carbs
>essential nutrients

pick one

Depends on you, your diet previously, your physical health

Keto kills the appetite so you may just have to get used to that, but as for cramping and stuff make sure you drink water and eat plenty of sodium and potassium

lyle mcdonald recommends like 5g of sodium and 2-3g potassium a day on keto because your body flushes it out much faster

reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell

how is that a bad thing? your body is burning fatty acids for energy. therefore you don't need to eat very much.

Thanks, gonna try that.

It's bad because I keep pissing out my ass every half hour and I have no will to eat or drink without gagging. I'm worried about dehydration.

take some salt

edit: just saw that someone else recommended it

Yeah. Electrolytes. Keto is a diuretic diet. When I feel like shit a quick gulp of pickle juice perks me back up.

your brain needs carbs to survive

some parts of the brain can use ketones, but not all

talk to your nutritionist before drastically changing any diet,

It might be an actual flu. But, when I don't eat any carbs for a few days, I get dizzy easily. I did 455lb rack pulls 3 days into a cut last week, and almost passed out. It gave me the spins, was scary. Anyways, restore your glycogen with some carbs if you feel dizzy. Supposedly the symptoms of keto flu subside after like a week

Do you have a link to the science of the brain to back that up? Honestly curious.

Also, I'm on day 8 of keto and have had a slight headache here and there but no other symptoms of the 'flu'. I drink plenty of water and get a decent amount of sodium. Plan on gradually increasing my carb intake once I lose plenty of weight.

He's wrong. psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones

I was in the same exact situation as you. Infact i believe u were in the thread i made about this. I stopped doing keto yesterday morning and i feel fine 100% now. Except i didint have diarrhea. I did eat a lot of spinach/coconut flour/flax and other fiber keto foods. Fuck keto, its the biggest meme of all

How do people react so differently to keto? When I'm on it I feel great: less bloated, clearer head, more stable, never hungry, and more energy. After cycling on and off carbs many times, at this point I'm sticking to keto if for nothing else just for the reason that I feel much better on it.

Are you practicing intermittent fasting along with the keto? Eat 1x big fucking meal a day and fast until the next day.

>basically the same for your body as gas/petrol is to cars
>not essential

With keto diet you need to get clean my man, lots of fruit and vegetables, very little dairy and meats... or your body will feel it like crazy...
the diarrhea is just your body cleaning itself, finally it gets a chance to flush all the shit you've been ingesting all your life!

>fruits
>keto

>Little meats
>Keto

>started 5 days ago
>feeling shit on day 4

you eat too much carbs son
also eat more salt

Cooked meats = very little protein absorption

>keto
F

Yea, I'm doing IF as well.

I've been eating 25-30 carbs a day. Also, I just drank 1/4 cup of pickle juice and feel a little better. If this doesnt go away bt Saturday, I'm taking advice.

>>REALLY bad Diarrhea

God damn. Just how shitty were you eating prior to this diet?

1. Drink a shit ton of water. Your body needs electrolytes.

2. Fiber. Psyllium supplement is recommended.

3. As others said, you may need more salt. But I'd be hesitant to go out of your way and add some as you should be getting plenty of sodium from pork and beef consumption.
>Being a carb fuck boi

What did he mean by this?

user keto is mostly meats and leafy greens only. Kiss beans, broccoli, anything with a root goodbye. Only fruit you can get away with is avocados and some berries.

>God damn. Just how shitty were you eating prior to this diet?
I didn't think my diet was too shitty. I'd been cutting with IF for like 4 months. I guess the issue is that I was eating carbs with every meal (mainly rice and sweet potatoes), but I was eating at a caloric deficit so I didn't think much of it.

What is your IF split? I've been doing keto for 1.5 years and never had the problems you described. I tried IF for around a few days + keto with a 16/8 and only noticed my shits became huge wooden logs. Without the fiber supplements keto was tearing my ass up and clogging toilets.

For your case only thing I can think of is that your body can't digest all the food you're eating in your window. Perhaps gradually easing off the carbs instead of diving head first would work better. Assuming you don't want to give up IF.

>comparing human body to cars
the retardation never ends

Walnuts

I give myself a 7 hour eating window; 12pm-7pm.

I'm starting to think I should have eased into this. If I eat a bit of bread or rice or something, will it perk me up?

It just sucks because I have 2 kids (1 year old and 3 year old), and I've been out of commission since yesterday, so I've had little to no interaction with them since. Also, tonight is gym night, and there's no way I can make it if I'm still feeling drained and sick like I'm feeling now.

Only your body can say. When I started I was pretty much eating a good chunk of carbs 1 day a week with a ton of cardio and never felt the effects. You're the most extreme case I've ever read, usually everyone feels better after a lot of water.

If you're measuring out everything then just ease into it while increasing the fats. Don't go overboard on beef/pork until you're eating less than 40g of carbs as you will still be burning carbs for energy.

One last thing, are you eating something unusually geasy? From my experience shit will pass through me like liquid if indulging in say a pizza.

No, nothing unusually greasy. I've basically been eating chicken and beef, a ton of veggies (spinach, broccoli, and asparagus) along with eggs, cheese, and bacon. I've been cooking everything in coconut oil, and the only things I've been drinking are Monster Zeros (half a can a day) and a ton of water.

I've heard that diarrhea was common when your body adjusts, but damn this just seems extreme to me. I'm genuinely worried if this is the keto flu, or a legit stomach flu.

You might try water fasting a few days. If you feel okay after a day or two, you can continue fasting.

Whats that got to do with keto? And how does that help op with his symptoms?

Theoretically, it should clear gut biota that feeds on grains and starches. Without botulissum killing the six million jewish bacteria, the zionist bacteria can create the fifth reich of gainz and painz.

Fasting puts you into ketosis. It is done along with keto diet by many when intermittent fasting.

He might have some shit in his body that his cells need to eat. If he's eating the cells will eat the food, not whatever is ailing like dead cells or bacteria in his stomach as an example.

He might be eating something that is causing the illness. Thus, fasting he would not be eating that thing(s).

You do not need carbohydrates to survive, you need glucose and through gluconeogenesis you can produce glucose from "non-carbohydrate carbon substrates such as lactate, glycerol, and glucogenic amino acids." So you'll be fine you're probably low in electrolytes, id suggest taking potassium since its mostly found in carb sources.