Does muscle size help or actually hurts, in fightning...

Does muscle size help or actually hurts, in fightning? You see the skinny guys beating fucking everyone but you also see guys like Joshua who looks like a fucking tank(ye,ye maybe he roids whatever). Do this guy train this muscles to be so big to show off or is there any advantage?

need strong arms to ktfo someone
need strong neck to not get ktfo

You need strong back and core to ktfo someone

Muscles help if you know how to fight.
Size helps if you know how to fight.
If yoo don't know how to fight, then anyone who knows how to fight could probably beat you.
It doesn't take much power behind a punch to knock out somebody who doesn't know how to take a punch.

muscles help a trained fighter fight a no muscled trained fighter

a trained fighter would probably beat someone with huge muscles but no skill

a muscle guy will beat a non muscle guy if neither is trained

a robber with a gun will defeat everyone besides a trained muscle fighter with a gun

obviously the only way to survive past 23 is to be ripped skilled in fighting and have a CC

>More muscle mass or mass in general = harder punches/ more explosive

However it depends, muscles build purely by lifting are going to be a disadvantage because it's unnatural muscle mass which is also built by lifting slowly heavy weights. Do your lifting on the side with lots of fighting specific exercise with alot of stretches and you're going to be set.

>muscles build purely by lifting are going to be a disadvantage because it's unnatural muscle mass

?
?
?

Joshua gassed out badly after the fourth round, if Wlad wasn't an old man he would have finished him off. Frank Bruno had a similar physique and had stamina problems.

Gotta explain me how having a buff chest from three different types of bench presses are common in nature.

More like what will be the difference with a chest build from weights and another chest build from a billion pushups a day.

*built, shit fucking auto-correct

Well, first of all you're not going to get a popping out chest from it. Secondly, it won't slow your movement down.

Then just train with lower weight and don't bulk up then ???

You do realise this is what most MA practitioners do? Also if you read my post properly it's partly what I said.

Being able to produce more force is obviously an advantage. But having too much of it would make things more difficult for your cardiovascular system.

>You do realise this is what most MA practitioners do?
The succesful don't

Roy Nelson is not successful

>The succesful don't
>UFC
>Successful

Yeah, try it with some actual MA Legends like back in Pride

>muscles build purely by lifting are going to be a disadvantage because it's unnatural muscle mass
that's a lot of broscience in one sentence

Show me one proper MA fighter who is purely bodybuilding based

this nigga just doesn't understand weight classes, Joshua is a heavyweight.........

The guy you posted is pretty jacked too, i doubt it all came from pushups and situps (inb4 but he said so)

pride was fixed you retard

confirmed for not knowing anything

>punching power comes from arms

shut the hell up

All the good fighters do strength work of some sort.
But bodybuilding is not necessary. Jon Jones deadlifted 500 lbs or some shit, and he doesn't look bulky, but is strong.

?

Ofcourse a good punch was fixed, that doesn't change the fact that most of the fighters were beasts anyway.

Crocop, Frye, Wanderlei, Le Banner etc etc
There's not one current fighter who could win against them in their prime.

McConor worshipping faggot

Tommy Hearns was pound for pound probably the most powerful boxer ever and he was DYEL

kinda strange how all of those dominant fighters in japan came over to the us and got the shit beat out of them

really makes you think..

>pound for pound
doesn't that mean he would be beat by someone who had more pounds?

>hurr durr murrican figgters are the best, I mean look at conor mcgregor how he fucked my wife and mother last nite nobody can compete durrr

I don't understand why the concept is so hard for people to understand. Force is a combination of TWO variables. Speed and mass. Too much of either diminishes the results.No shit it's possible to have good amount of mass while also having a lot of speed but it takes years of training to push that limit to it's fullest potential.

Since you posted Aj let me use him as an example. Aj started the pro game only a few years ago at 230 lbs. He is now 245 lbs. While 15 lbs in a few years doesn't seem like much you have to consider that he was already ripped and is 6'6". Klitschko on the other hand is also 6'5" and has been 245 lbs for the better part of his long career. Comparing Aj and Klitsckos frames gives insight into their differences. Joshua has a skinner frame. more slender shoulders, and skinner wrists, etc. Klitschko has a wider frame with less muscle packed onto it. Though still has a lot of muscle. To any knowledgable boxing fan who watches both of the fighters it's clear that AJ lacks some of the speed and explosiveness that the similar sized Klitschko has exhibited throughout his entire year. Speed and explosiveness that, even that was diminished at the old age of 41, still was on par of the t27 year of Joshuas in their recent bout.

tl:dr

Wlads larger frame with less muscle produces more power than Joshuas smaller frame with more muscle despite both being 6'6" and 245 lbs.

Actually, in their last fight Joshua came in at a career high at 250 lbs and Klitschko came in at one of his lowest at 240 lbs.

didn't say anything about mcGregor, or American fighters you retard

i just don't know how you say pride fighters are better than ufc fighters when you can't even back it up

>being this butthurt

Joshua=250
Floyd=150

again, confirmed for not knowing anything

nice trips tho

Fedor didn't lose to an American though

I didn't say anything about bodybuilding. Of course you need to practice fighting in order to get good at it, but that's for the sake of skill, not to build a more relevant type of muscle mass than you get from lifting. That's brocience.

i never said anything about American fighters vs other fighters. i was talking about ufc vs pride.

both had americans, brazilians, japs, etc,

All these untrained faggots ITT who've never faced any adversity and think punching power comes from arms or torso.

It's all in the hips and legs

Technique > Genetics > Muscle

>MMA fighters
>athletes

He is still jacked so his muscles should slow him down yet they clearly don't seeing him fight

Right, crossfitters are the real athletes.

Oh shit, I'm getting close to the end...

22 and fat?

What he is trying to say is that there are a shit ton of muscles that get worked out by doing X exercise for your sport vs. just weight lifting.

Good example is that you can do a 200+ lb pull downs or squats no problem. However you'd still be shit at handstand/pistol squats. Better off than a no workout fag but you'd still be working out unique muscles that the former did not cover.

Nope. But neither ripped, fighter or having a piece. AND I BET SAME APPLIES TO YOU SO YOULL BE DEAD SOON MUFUKA.

I've only got 9 months to live brother.