What is the history of American school shootings?

What is the history of American school shootings?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal
theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/19/homan-square-chicago-police-disappeared-thousands
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/12/585248422/baltimore-police-officers-convicted-in-corruption-scandal
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/12/13/detroit-police-officers-extortion-plea-deals/108572174/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Brown_school_massacre
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_capital
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread took longer than expected

>Makes you think.

America treats its people like shit and it gives them guns.

kek

Well, that's it, boys. Pack it up! This faggot figured it out. /thread

>what everyone fears

heh

What did Americans mean by this, historically speaking?

his commanding officer was more to blame desu

pull the trigger, you're the nigger

also I believe they were the same rank with one having more seniority, not that it means anything as a civillian with made-up titles with no legally binding chain of command

Post the original

>My hysteria is better than your hysteria
Jesus Christ. So much wrong with that
>Implying the US govt is to be trusted with anything after Iran, Iraq, Cambodia, Nicaragua, it's shenanigans with the DEA and Colombia as if people have no precedent whatsoever to be wary of their use of force
>Implying that one guy of his meds shooting a Democratic politician in the South west means that privately owning legal handguns leads to mass murder

How much delusion does it take to believe this. What's worst is that's it's framed in an us vs them frame that makes an ad populum appeal.

>What is the history of American school shooting
Propoganda perpetuated by anti-gun types becoming a self fulfilling prophecy because they are too stupid to realize how the psychology of psychopaths works.

Mostly the result of a lawless culture combined with a vacuous and narcissistic culture that allows the mentally ill to go untreated and ignored

Are you really expecting anything intelligent from a political cartoon? Especially one done by Horsey?

>Letting any lunatic have arms while prevent muh tyranny.
La creatura estupida

*Will
Fucking phoneposting

Yeah the prison style shitty school system with Zero Tolerance sending kids to mental asylums to get MK Ultra'd probably doesn't help

>disarm blacks so they can be more easily killed by the systemic racist police
Go back to /pol/

>Letting any lunatic have arms while prevent muh tyranny.
>Any lunatic
We already have background checks you moron , the left in this country wants to outright be Australia because they don't understand that this violence is the result of how we treat the mentally ill in this country, not guns.

Instead of blaming how narcissistic and disjointed our culture in general is, they blame "gun culture" and the NRA. Just like people like you , whose understanding of deeply rooted cultural problems in the UD is about as shallow as a kiddie pool.
>"Oh if he didn't have access to guns he wouldn't have killed anyone"
Didn't stop McVeigh, doesn't stop arsonists, doesn't stop serial killers, doesn't stop gang violence.

Guns aren't the issue , it's the state of our people that's the issus

This, super this

> deeply rooted cultural problems
Such as?

America being several decades overdue for a Civil War.

Seriously, just give Americans a couple years of total societal breakdown where we get to vent our collective frustration and just slaughter each other en masse and you'll probably see several decades of unprecedented peace and low crime rates afterward.

/thread

gruglings bully grug
grug angry
grug bring bow and arrow to berry picking class
grug shoot gruglings and shoot self

Ok I have to ask, did the person kill himself after?

Because it always fucking happens, the second they meet resistance from the cops they buckle under and off themselves, if not before that. Last time I remember the shooter actually fighting it out with the authorities until he was gunned down was the Syrian that killed the Russian diplomat.

A vacuous and narcissistic consumer culture completely deracinated from any kind of intergenerational wisdom, that has inherited a culture that worships violence due to ongoing drug and crime issues?

A culture that completely discards those who can't follow the status quo of said toxic culture, such as the *mentally ill*?

No he tried to blend in with the crowd and escape but he got caught.

I hope someone throws a firebomb through this faggot's window. How can anyone defend cops after this shit?

>defend cops
>If one person does x they all do x
"No"

No he fled the scene and was apprehended. He’s in police custody.

>He's going to be some buff dude named Carlos' bottom in prison
Hawt

>cops
>not a bunch of psychopaths who join up so they can bully people using their tiny amount of authority
If there were good cops, then they wouldn't walk lockstep with one another to defend the murderers in their ranks and prevent justice from being served.

Because I believe in judging individuals and not groups of people, you absolute retard.

But grung they are almost never bullied, they are usually the sociopathic bullies

Right, there's a lot of issues to combat. However there would still be a LOT less gun killings, with a LOT less deaths each time, if crazy people had to go through the effort of getting a gun through the black market, or using a knife to murder, in comparison to being able to buy the assault rifle from walmart they've been eyeing since they were a kid.

>judging people who choose to join a certain profession known for being full of psychotic power-hungry scum is just as bad as judging people who were randomly born into different ethnic groups

>>not a bunch of psychopaths who join up so they can bully people using their tiny amount of authority
This but unironically, they are people who want to enforce the law and fight crime in their communities.
>Cops defend murderers
*Witch hunts that aren't murders but are legitimate times when the officer should use his firearm because unlike cops in Europe or the Anglo sphere (save the us) violence is a massive issue in the United States and cops put their lives on the line just to walk around.

You should've seen the state of Miami in the 70's and 80's holy shit, after the drug war happened there was no going back.

It's not a new thing at all first one 1764 but certainly more predominant today

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

>Right, we should stomp out second amendment rights because there are a small amount of mass murderers that occur for larger issues
>Because infringing on these rights won't just cause more issues with crime than we already have
Newsflash, guns prevent crime in the US because we're already in an insanely violent society.

Stomping out gun rights wouldn't prevent the San Bernardino or Pulse Night Club shootings, nor the Las Vegas shooting. Can you guess how much gun running happens through the US' relationship with Latin America? Hint; it's a lot

Not him but it can be done, but the level of police state we'd have to become in order to accomplish it isn't worth it.

>It can be done
Yeah, if you invade Mexico and murder every single gang/cartel member their. Then kill everyone in MS13, stop the wars in Colombia, get rid of all cocaine producers in South America, then murder everyone in the ensuing civil war that happens because Americans will never give up their guns.

No really, it was one of the cornerstones of our revolution

>This but unironically, they are people who want to enforce the law and fight crime in their communities.
Way to swallow the totalitarian kool-aid. Why do these so-called ""innocent"" cops involve themselves in corruption, plant evidence on people they think should be arrested

>I feared for my life, your honor. He was crying on the floor for his life and that was just too threatening
>He fell over and shot himself in the back three times, your honor. That's how it happened, I swear on the holy bible.
Wow. What heroes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal
theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/19/homan-square-chicago-police-disappeared-thousands
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/12/585248422/baltimore-police-officers-convicted-in-corruption-scandal
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/12/13/detroit-police-officers-extortion-plea-deals/108572174/
>m-m-muh good cops! WE NEED THE POLICE STATE!!!!!!!!

>muh drug war??!?!?!
Literally just bullshit created in order to justify increased police presence and brutality, and create a culture where people like you think it's somehow in line with American values to defend the state's thugs and enforcers.

Honestly I'm not saying we should stamp out gun use just like that, I realise that it would cause a lot of problems. I'm just saying that having such easy access to guns, and such a huge gun culture is definitely a big part of the problem, and to deny that feels silly.

You live in a violent society that's true, and if lone vigilantes packing heat were the ones saving peoples lives and preventing crime then I would be with you, but that almost never happens. It's the cops I see that end up taking down the bad guy every time, not Derrick from accounting with his .44mm.

I'm trying very hard not to be /pol/ but people like you are always trailor trash whites or negroes. Shut up and let us protext you.

Yes, that's what I meant. That's why I said that what we'd have to do to attain it wouldn't be worth it.

Why not just change the culture so the people are less violent?

And how do you suppose we do that?

I don't know, mass pavlovian conditioning like the Ludovico Technique that causes people to experience extreme nausea and pain in response to simply seeing violence?

>dude wouldn't destroying our country and killing millions of our fellow citizens just be epic for the win

>We already have background checks you moron
What about that case where a parent begged a gun salesman not to sell their schizophrenia suffering child guns or ammo and was shown the door. The child eventually buys gun and ammo, kills their parents and chills around until finally arrested?

Frankly, I think attempting to enforce an actual wholesale gun ban would pretty much be the last straw that causes a full-blown civil war. That's why the Democrats have taken little to no steps to actually enact a gun ban even as they're clamoring for it after shit like Pulse Night Club and Sandy Hook. They know it would become the pretext for an already bitterly divided society to rip itself apart and ignite a war they have no possible hope of winning.

>if you hate totalitarianism you're trash
Kill yourself, brainwashed bootlicking scum.

There wouldn't be many americans left at that point anyway, with how many would die in forcefully conquering all of central america to stop everything bad that comes from there.

A clockwork orange isn't real life you know.

>However there would still be a LOT less gun killings, with a LOT less deaths each time, if crazy people had to go through the effort of getting a gun through the black market, or using a knife to murder, in comparison to being able to buy the assault rifle from walmart they've been eyeing since they were a kid.

Then the black market would grow astronomically, people who want guns will still get guns and not respect any regulation or check at all and criminals will be harder to trace, and the people who dont want to break the law dont get to have guns.

Guns are an equalizer, not a magic wand.

>because unlike cops in Europe or the Anglo sphere (save the us) violence is a massive issue in the United States and cops put their lives on the line just to walk around.

Big cities in Europe are many and more dangerous than the mostly suburban and rural US.

Also the crime rates in the US are at their lowest ever, as is poverty.

>Honestly I'm not saying we should stamp out gun use just like that, I realise that it would cause a lot of problems. I'm just saying that having such easy access to guns, and such a huge gun culture is definitely a big part of the problem, and to deny that feels silly.

Gun culture is that of people who shoot at paper with expensive toys and gadgets, collect historical junk, special parts and oddities and dont actually psyche themselves about violence. Even blaming videogames makes more sense.

And it's not easy to get a gun in most of the states, there's checks, restrictions and monitoring. The problem is that you can't make crazy fucks show up in the registry before they're actually diagnosed, and people who might just be depressed don't want to be treated like raving mad killers, so they dont get treated.

Yes but conditioning people does actually work.

>consumer culture
And down the revolution of lowered expectation rabbit hole does we go...

School shooters tend to fall in one of either category, ostracized/victimized or violent psychopaths.

Either way the end result is generally the same; disgust of those around them and need to violently lash out.

>No really, it was one of the cornerstones of our revolution
Oh, abstract principles vs the here and now.

There may be eternal moral principles. But there's nothing as an eternal state of society.

If it, for some strange reason, was the same weapons and logistical tech now as in 1776, then the (sloppily written, not even fit for parket ticket) 2nd amendmend would still make sense. But a lot has happened since muzzle-loaded muskets.

>.44mm
I'd buy that caliber for a dollar!

The AR-15 as we know it has been available to the public since 1977 and yet its only been in this decade that people have really been using them to go on mass murders with the media demonizing it every time it is used. With the exception of like 3 major shootings that happened prior to this decade, almost all of the major shootings in the past couple of years have involved an AR-15 and there has been a major push to ban them.

What gives Veeky Forums? Are people getting crazier? Where were all these shootings with this evil weapon before 2010s? Is the nation ignoring the root cause to this problem in order to push an agenda? Has this sort of thing ever happened before in history?

>be american
>get shot

Pretty uneventful history.

>we already have background checks

Oh really? Even in Florida? Dumb faggot.

>dude the government is so scary and threatening
>btw I fucking LOVE Donald Trump he's so based thank you Donald for keeping our guns

imo American society is basically an overheated boiler ready to burst and mass shootings are equivalent to the pressure valve leaking. People who are just ahead of the curve and lose it early.

>be american
>go to school
>get shot
>go to the playground
>get shot
>go to my friend's house
>get shot
>go to the mall
>get shot
>go to the movie theatre
>get shot
>go home
>get shot

I get this feeling too, instead of trying to solve the societal issues, politicians and all the talking heads are just making things worse (lefties trying to disarm the public and righties looking like heartless bastards trying to defend the right to arms)

There are obvious divisions in our society that can be addressed but they're not, in fact it seems that everyone is just aggravating it

>First school shooting in America was done by Natives

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Brown_school_massacre

Or you could just do what Portugal and now Norway did and decriminalize drugs. You take away the source of those gangs profit they will slowly fall apart like after Prohibition was repealed.

If this was true, wouldn't you expect there to be many more school shootings in times of massive social upheavel, like the 1960's and 70's?

What about that hot red head who shot up a school with a sniper (and she was a killer shot too) and said her reason was, "I hate Mondays." I know she's awful and all but that's honestly kinda hot. Think it was in 1988 or something? I'm too lazy to look up lol.

They just bombed bathrooms and and wall street restaurants back then, the Black Nationalists killed a lot of cops tho

Bombing specific targets (often at night when no people were present) is not the same as shooting up schools full of children for no particular reason. Not even close.

Public schools in America are hell and incels can't cope.

Guarantee that if these mass shooters were getting laid, these shootings wouldn't happen.

So, the firearms afforded to the military of the time should be provided to the citizen? And the Supreme Court has interpreted the 2nd amendment numerous times, and disagrees with you. See District of Columbia v. Heller.

If you agree that there is a right to life, and that it has value, then protecting said life with the same defenses afforded to the constabulary would be more than reasonable.

it's unironically women's fault
if it wasn't for the sexual revolution there wouldn't be such a huge virgin gap and such a huge stigma on being a virgin
The specific problem with America is they blend that with obsession with guns. Most non-American incels who suffer from this just end up killing themselves

I'd say we're on the verge of fragmenting the way Imperial Russia or Austro-Hungary (or more recent examples, Somalia and Yugoslavia) did and everyone is too caught up in their own circlejerking to see the danger.

I'm certain if you looked at any of those countries, there was probably an uptick in people going berserk and committing random murders in the final years as economic and societal decline took its toll. It's just that the comparatively more primitive weaponry of that era and the lack of mass media to hype it up meant such killings did not have as many victims and went largely unnoticed.

The difference is that the 1960s and 70s were a time of radical ideologies. People who were predisposed to violence were attracted to joining the countless far-right and far-left organizations and committed their crimes in the name of that or alternatively joined the military and went off to fight (and die) in Vietnam. From the 1980s onward, the government got more effective in suppressing such movements before they reached that stage (it's a common joke on /pol/ that half of the Ku Klux Klan is informing on the other half) and the elite of the Democrats and Republicans until very recently were able to prevent anyone who deviated from the party line from holding office. Now the kind of persons who are predisposed to becoming spree killers don't have an ideology to direct/justify their rage and just shoot random people instead.

If only Adam Lanza, the gay club faggot, Fort Hood, or Las Vegas guys got laid, bro! You're almost as much of a faggot as the, "If all the leaders in the world just got together and smoked some weed maaan," fags.

>>Implying the US govt is to be trusted with anything after...

And what are you gonna do if they decide to go after you? shoot at their tanks and planes with your .35? assault army bases, shoot at the soldiers and escape on your fatty scooter?

More predisposed to becoming political extremists too.

I'm certain if you looked at the 1910s Bolsheviks, early Nazi Party, and Al Qaeda, you'd find they were all full of socially-awkward young men who were looking for an excuse to lash out and the Jewish/capitalist/Western boogeyman provided it.

>implying half of the military wouldn't defect outright if the U.S. started openly gunning down its citizens in the streets
>implying a insurgency commits to conventional battle
>implying Mexican drug cartels didn't need more than political assassination and terrorism to effectively control their country
>implying implications implicitly

First off, we're talking about school shooters.

Second, you underestimate the power of sexual frustration and incel rage. Combining this with alienation and living in an inherently bizarre culture leads to the school shooter phenomena.

So your theory is that the one thread that binds them all is because they're not getting laid? That's extremely retarded.

>implying half of the military wouldn't defect outright if the U.S. started openly gunning down its citizens in the streets

I think it's worse then that. There's an obvious divide between the current President and the National Security establishment (FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.) as well as the Democratic Party with the military caught in the middle.

All it would take is a serious political crisis (ex. an attempt to remove Trump from office on obviously bogus charges) where line of succession becomes unclear to split the military.

Like I said earlier, America is fragmenting on every level and what you're seeing with mass shootings are those whose patience has run out early.

If that doesn't work then why are we having such a difficult time finishing terrorism in the ME?

Federal law requires form 4473 and criminal background check
The problem is that they don’t do mental health background checks

The American fears the educated

Army, Marines and some Airforce would go Presidential almost entirely, problem would be the federal agencies and police department which have been militarized quita a bit.

Air Force is full of girls
I’m betting army/navy/marines

>Fucking commie reeeeeeee
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_capital

If you really think endless consumerism has done any favor for the US, then by all means go on and defend it

>Big cities in Europe are many and more dangerous than the mostly suburban and rural US.
Source: my ass. I know that the migrant crisis had lead to sharp increases in crime but ffs big claims need bug sources.
>Crime rates ars at their lowest levels ever
Yes we've gone from semi-lawless drug state to a international hub of terrorism , mass murder, and gang violence thanks to our many multicultural flavors

>If it, for some strange reason, was the same weapons and logistical tech now as in 1776, then the (sloppily written, not even fit for parket ticket) 2nd amendmend would still make sense. But a lot has happened since muzzle-loaded muskets.
Found in father's allowed for privately owned cannons. It's about arming the civilians period, so that if the government ever out of line the people have the God given right to resist.

Read more John Locke plz

No, just not be able to have a militarized police state beat you into submission with batons and tear gas / go on national Kent State

In the case of a civil war, the military isn't just going to side completely with the state when it decides to murder and oppress it's own (former) countrymen.

>Why don't we just legalize meth, and cocaine, and heroin
Gee I dunno, maybe because we have so many hardcore addicts that can't help themselves, that legalization of extremely addictive drugs would kill tens of thousands of people and cause mass mayhem?

If you had any idea how these coke fiends behave...
>Dude why can't you just be like Europe
Because we live in a completely different historical, cultural, socioeconomic, and geographical context?

Reread my post you dumb fuck. When did I say it was the only thing? It's certainly something that links them, Elliot Rodger too.

Gravette, Arkansas, 1909:
>John Butram, a student at the Bear Hollow School, told his fellow students that school was cancelled.
>The teacher A.T. Kelly insisted that the day's lesson was not over.
>When Butram drew a knife on his teacher, Kelly drew his gun and shot him.

>I'm certain if you looked at the 1910s Bolsheviks, early Nazi Party, and Al Qaeda, you'd find they were all full of socially-awkward young men who were looking for an excuse to lash out and the Jewish/capitalist/Western boogeyman provided it
>Everyone should thinks things different from me have chronic behavioral issues and that's the only reason they are so against my beliefs
Imagine going through life believing this