I posted about the Keto flu yesterday, and I figure it's sort of important to follow up with how everything is going...

I posted about the Keto flu yesterday, and I figure it's sort of important to follow up with how everything is going. First, here's a brief recap

Saturday
>Start Keto diet
>Meal prep is mostly veggies, healthy fats, eggs, and protein
>Feel great, lifts actually increase, don't feel bloated after eating anymore

Wednesday
>Get a headache that lasts all day
>General tired feeling, a bit if nausea
>That night, I get some pretty wicked diarrhea
>Literally shit myself in my bed like 4 times

Thursday
>End up taking the day off from work because I feel like complete shit
>Apetite is gone
>Very little energy. Just walking around is tiring
>Sleep almost the entire day away
>Diarrhea is literally just green water at this point, and I'm shitting every 30 minutes

Today
>Wake up at 12:35am literally unable to stop shaking
>Figure maybe I need more blankets
>Wrapped up like a burrito and sweating, but STILL can't stop shivering
>Read on my phone that it's probably low blood sugar
>Eat a handful of m&m's and pound some of my kid's pedialite
>Shivering stops, but I'm still pissing out my ass every 30-40 minutes
>Make it into work and everything is a haze
>I'm probably going to go to Urgent Care on my lunch break

Man seriously, fuck this meme diet. I wasn't sure if it was the keto flu fucking me up at first, but I'm pretty sure the low blood sugar points to keto being the culprit here. I've never felt so shitty in my life.

Lol

t. didn't keep electrolyte levels up

>did a meme diet that literally restricts vital minerals and nutrients
>is surprised he got fucked up

Everyone has been saying keto was a meme for a long while mate. Just eat clean.

>carbohydrates are vital

Didn't we do this yesterday?

I was drinking the sugar free Powerade quite a bit. Tastes like ass, but I figured it'd help with electrolytes. I also drank pickle juice and chicken broth to help with sodium and stuff. I'm guessing it didn't work.

>Just eat clean.
I had been eating clean for like 4 months. Right before I did keto, I kind of carb overloaded because I knew I'd be restricting them. I'm not sure if that's what fucked me up or what.

And then there's this asshole.

If they weren't vita or at least extremely helpful, why do you have cases like OPs where the person gets fucked to high hell healthwise from doing keto?

It's something you have to wind up to. Otherwise, well you felt it.

Outside of that its better to just cut all sugar out of your diet and then crank back on the carbs toll you hit a bff equalibrium with your body versus activity. The sugar thing is important though as you need to restore your ability to be able to feel hungry when you need food. Sugar makes you hungry just by consuming it due to the insulin response.

I don't know. OP's symptoms sound like a stomach flu or something. Can all that shit really happen to you on Keto

>tfw I was planning on starting keto next week, but now I'm too scared

>If they weren't vita or at least extremely helpful, why do you have cases like OPs where the person gets fucked to high hell healthwise from doing keto?

>posts a gay ass reaction image instead of an actual rebuttal

this, you need to take extra salt.
it has something to do with your insulin recruitment/kidney that im too lazy to explain. look it up.

they might give you dialysis and that just means you memed yourself. Otherwise drink more water, salt, and increase the carb intake but make sure its all from veggies. Like this diet isnt the appealing "i get to eat fat everyday meme." If you did this long term, you would be stuffing your gob full of vegetables when your not fucking hungry - ever. No Bueno
>no mention of supplements
Its a meme for fatties - bacon and fat every meal like wtf kind of diet has a fat macros thats 70%+. If done right, all it is essentially is a calorie restriction. So not exactly a meme, just fatties/googlefu researchers making it a meme.

i've done keto and i pissed out my ass and felt relatively bad the first couple days- but nothing like you described like the shaking and shit.

you may have actually gotten sick- it's not the diet. when you make a big change your body has to adapt to it (keto flu) but that might also make you susceptible to actually getting sick- which it sounds like happened to you

its not keto flu- you have an actual flu

sugar free shit is not good period; they often still illicit a insulin response. YOU AVOID SUGAR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE OF THIS AND CALORIES. No wonder you failed.

forgot to mention most of them have synth sugars.

Why even do keto? I honestly don't see the general reason, it's a way more dangerous diet that has very few advantages, especially for exercise. Want to lose weight? Just cut the bullshit foods and keep a meal diary (no need to autistically weight every tiny thing you eat). Want to bulk? Just eat more of your normal, decent "diet". Want to be healthy? Definitely do not go keto, it's decent when done right and horrible when done wrong.

Yeah its dumb as fuck. How hard is it to avoid bread / fried shit / soda and get your carbs from fruit / spinach smoothies lol

>posts gay ass rebuttal instead of reaction image on image board

>bread
What's wrong with some 100% whole wheat bread?

You sound like a little bitch

There's nothing wrong with whole wheat bread/pasta and rice. What matters is the amount you eat, those foods are perfectly healthy.

you dont exactly have to avoid it - just restrict it to a minimum. Sometimes I eat

>Consciously choosing certain foods over others when you go to eat is so autistic!
>Just carry a book with you or constantly update your phone with everything you eat during each day!

Hmm

>keep a meal diary (no need to autistically weight every tiny thing you eat)

... and what would you then do with your gay little "meal diary"?

I think your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

I personally don't do it because I have no troubles losing weight without but many people can't keep track of even an estimate of how much they ate so writing it down can help. You should also be able to drop that after getting used to it.

Like "breakfast - bowl of oatmeal with blueberries", "lunch - chicken breast with broccoli" and "dinner - some other shit" and keeping track of snacks. That's a few words every day.

Is keto the right way of losing body fat %?
Working out gave pretty small fat reduction, wondering what other method is there.

Just got back from the doctor.

Doc said he did keto for a while too and it gave him the runs pretty bad so he stopped. He did say my case seems pretty extreme, but apparently, I'm dehydrated (my piss started turning brown).

I'm going to pick up so meds to help me stop shitting literal water in a bit.

But yea, fuck keto man. I think I'll just stick to eating clean. This is the worst dieting experience I've ever had.

>does it wrong
>fuck this diet man its a meme fucking shit i swear it just a fad this sucks dude fuck everyone who does it right for real man why wont i stop sharting fuck.

How exactly did I do it wrong?

On keto you're supposed to drink a lot more water and supplement with electrlytes because the diet causes so much water loss due to your body needing to flush out the ketones through your urine in order to keep you from dying

you're supposed to drink water you fucking retard

I did drink a ton of water though. I guess the electrolytes fucked me up? A friend of mine who's doing keto gave me some tips and he mentioned the sodium, potassium and magnesium deficiency thing. That's why I'd drink pickle juice and warm salt water in addition to the tons of water I was already drinking per day.

Also, I think I probably should have mentioned that the dehydration is from me constantly having diarrhea like every 30-40 minutes.

I went keto for two weeks. It was okay, I really didn't struggle (even alongside working out) and it had a great effect on me at first.

My mood swings were awful though. I've not felt that down in years. It was having a terrible effect on my relationship, I couldn't even drive home without wanting to rip somebody's face off. I think it has something to do with my serotonin levels but it really was something else.

I'm slowly trying to increase my carbs but I still plan to eat less than 100g a day. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable water weight gain, but it's a small price to pay.

I think it has taught me a lot about macros though, I wasn't even aware of how many carbs I was eating before.

Today is my 7th day of keto and the only thing that's kept me semi-functional is like 20g of kratom a day.

Holy kek

Anyone who goes this bad in 3 days isn't suffering the effects of keto, they're suffering the effects of eating like a retard

I presume OP is eating vegetables for the first time in his life and shitting like a sewage pipe as a result

>he thinks carbs are bad

You silly stupid niggers why do you do this to yourselves