Man this is glorious, u.s. soldiers in olive drab uniforms donning the prototype of the PASGT...

Man this is glorious, u.s. soldiers in olive drab uniforms donning the prototype of the PASGT. ywn see such a glorious occasion ever again.
I know this isn't/k/ but I like the aesthetics of the US Army in the late 70s and especially in the 1980s when the battle dress uniform was being used. Can someone post more pictures of the u.s. army in the 70s and 80s wearing that aesthetically looking gear and uniform?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YzSVmsrJEzk
youtube.com/watch?v=CLvfkR6_HiA
youtube.com/watch?v=38-ECPcIw08
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best military uniform ever designed coming through!

Itt /gq/

M151 MUTTs can flip over if you drive like an asshole.
Which is most 18 year old grunts

Neat, my buddy was in Bosnia as an a paratrooper

>olive drab
>PASGT

wasn't that basically California swat for most of the 90s-up until they switched to that stupid looking modern army helmet.

Did he get to shoot anyone or was it just standing guard while Clinton's pet Muslims raped and murdered Serb children?

Most police departments actually prefer black/navy blue for SWAT gear. It's mainly Sheriffs who wear OD because they already wear that.

I really like this aesthetic too, I think it must have been that these uniforms got sold off to hollyjude and showed up in movies a lot, they seem really familiar.

Federal Bureau of Investigation's Hostage Rescue Team and Border Patrol's BORTAC unit have both used OD green uniforms (along with BDUs, ACUs, and more recently, Crye Precision) since the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzSVmsrJEzk

He said they were just there to "puff up their chest" basically

Sounds about right. Typical Slick Willy for yah.

Or raping the locals.

>needs to bring two warring factions to negotiating table
>does so by enticing them with child prostitutes

Nice thumbnail faggot

The camo is fuck ugly

Great trigger discipline

>The camo is fuck ugly

Take that back right now you goddamn nigger.

Holy shit

guy on the far left
>my feet hurt

Probably from a photoshoot given that the soldier is using an L85 (almost exclusively used by the British Armed Force) and wearing a PASGT helmet (not widely used by the British Armed Forces). Here's a verified photo of British peacekeepers in Bosnia for comparison.

Hey Veeky Forums, please tell your resident retarded namefag to not talk about things past 1990.

t. shill for the Military Industrial Complex

I'm on to (((You))).

>Spout ignorance on /k/
>Get flamed
>UHHHHH UR ALL SHILLS
Sad!

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with UN peacekeepers and them getting into trouble with the locals? Aren't they suppose to keep the peace in a country that has UN peacekeepers? Seriously raping Haitians after an Earthquake?

UN Peacekeepers consist of enlisted men from countries all over the world. Meaning that the soldiers sent can be very high quality or barely-one-step-above-a-bumblefuck-militia quality. In Haiti, peacekeeping forces tend to be drawn from South and Central American armies where the recruiting/discipline standards are substantially lower than their Northern counterparts (United States, Canada, Mexico). Probably doesn't help that some of these guys might be a bit trigger-happy because a peacekeeping deployment is probably their only chance at seeing actual combat in their careers.

On a somewhat unrelated note, the United States has to supply the smaller countries' peacekeeping continents with vehicles because their existing stocks are inadequate. Hence why you occasionally see UN-marked APCs and trucks sitting on trains near US Military bases. Of course Alex Jonesfaggots all hype this out of proportion with "UN TROOPS ARE PREPARING TO INVADE AMERICA AND TAKE OUR GUNS" clickbait articles despite the fact most of these vehicles either have their weapons systems removed (basically turning them into little more than armored taxis), are export-only models of their respective vehicles rather than the ones built under DoD contract, and generally spotted in and around major ports and airbases, which is exactly where they ought to be if they're being transported overseas.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLvfkR6_HiA

youtube.com/watch?v=38-ECPcIw08

tl;dr UN Peacekeepers are fucked in more ways than one, but to think that they're gonna be occupying American towns and patrol American streets is just stupid.

More browns and blacks than the American population

The brazilian actually have pretty good training. A friend of mine who is in their military says that a "there better be a war" meme amongst the soldiers because of how much they train.

>be peacekeeper
>allow genocides on your watch
wew