One of the greatest philosophical questions of out time. Let's solve it together!

One of the greatest philosophical questions of out time. Let's solve it together!

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmosmagazine.com/physics/physicists-find-we-re-not-living-in-a-computer-simulation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the equivalent of is there a god. It is an unknowable question from internal information.

If any philosophical question could be solved by the brain dead mouthbreathers on Veeky Forums it probably wasn't a very good question in the first place.

So, how would you power up this simulation?

One way or the other, there is no way to test either one or the other option. I choose to believe in Gnostic cosmology: that our universe was created by civilization just like ours, and is at the bottom of a chain of creations. Every universe, however, is as real as the previous one.

If the universe is a computer simulation then atoms must be traveling on a 3d grid, so it must also take more energy to move sideways than x, y or z. So thus you go to a supernova and if the light particles are being somewhat funneled in the general direction of x, y or z then either reality is on a grid for no reason or we are in a simulation

With electricity of external world.

This is assuming a limitation of out simulations computing capacity. If we are in a simulation we can't really make assumptions about what actual reality is like. It might be very similar but it need not be.

Ok let's say we are. How would we test or prove it?

We will find a secret pattern of commands that allow us to rewrite reality code by exploiting memory values leaks.

We haven't invented trinary computer systems yet, so my answer of
>maybe
should answer the question in the negative, right? Wait... If it's a negative answer, that would bring it back to a binary system. How can that be if it is an open-ended state?

I think if this is a simulation, when I don't, then the real universe must have more dimensions or be vastly bigger or time must move much faster in order to be able to calculate the simulation.

I also don't follow that if simulations exist it's more likely this is a simulation. That has to do with the ratio of consciousnesses to simulations ratios. There's a possibility that only insanely rich people can afford computers that can run simulations, and NPCs in the simulation may not have consciousness.

>tfw some neckbeard on /g/ hacks the simulation and makes anime real

Information cannot surpass its input value in either form. We can never know if it's a simulation, it's the same as god, we cannot know.

But to believe we were made out of nothing and from nothing is autistic.

Anime, as in 2D animation with 1D of time doesn't exist in the real 12 dimensional universe. You have to simulate living in 3D space 1D time for anime to be real. It would be like you trying to derive entertainment from looking at a dot in the real universe.

So what came before the something?

The simulation of the universe was created as a proving grounds to test consciousnesses before they can be admitted to the higher dimensions.
Unfortunately we cannot ever know what qualities we are being tested for.

I think we demonstrated that it's a certain degree of autism.

>Information cannot surpass its input value in either form.
Or maybe we only think that because the simulation is designed to make us believe that so we don't test it.

our earliest memories come from our time in the womb. we remember being in the warm belly on in our subconscious. we can start to hear noise and detect movement and then we are birth into the cold cruel world.

these memories now lie in our subconscious.

the subconscious womb/world memories project themselves sometimes into art

platos allegory of the cave and 1999 movie the matrix touch on these womb memories.

Berenstein Bears is the password to unlock it.

Impossible. The amount of memory required to create an entire universe is beyond the ability of us alone to create a memory leak.

The secret is actually to blow up the entire universe, causing a system crash and reboot.

We may never know, maybe some kind of indefinable godlike thingy

Maybe, but we cannot and will never know this

Oh can't we It's also the only way to truly defeat empathy

ack, I meant entropy

I personally believe we're at lucky number 27 on the chain. Fuck off pleb.

I don't understand this question. Nobody asked this question when computers didn't exist, so is it not possible that we're in some other form of reality, simulated by technology that we ourselves have yet to discover?

For all we know, life is just a [technology developed in the year 9000] experience.

Nope.

cosmosmagazine.com/physics/physicists-find-we-re-not-living-in-a-computer-simulation

YES YOU DO AND NOW GET BACK TO WORK AND LET US CONSUME YOUR SOUL.

and they did