Water fasting and ketogenic cut

Hello Veeky Forums, I'm going on a vacation in less than a month and my goal is to lose some fat. I've looked this throughly and i have type 2 diabetics in my family and have therfore considered a ketogenic diet for this, combined with some water fasting. I know there's actually no difference between different diets as it is calories in vs calories out, but with the hormonal benefits as higher HGH levels because of lower insulin secretion I've concluded this may be the best method for me.

Could you further help me with some advice?

>I know there's actually no difference between different diets as it is calories in vs calories out

....... wrong.

keto is good for preventing type 2.
fasting is better for preventing type 2.

combine them.

Keto sucks, don't do it if you aren't a spazz

I've done some intermetted fasting for 3 weeks and lost considerable ammounts of fat around the mid section, but i've been thinking about putting 1 or 2 high carb days in so that i can refill my glycogen stores

if the pic is you, i wouldn't, seeing as you're already at risk of diabetes. your goal should be to get lean asap.

Okay, but some moderate carb day though? With mostly slow digesting carbs and carby foods with low glycemic index value?

No. It will fuck up ketosis. Your body makes it's own glycogen from protein through glucogenesis

I know, but wont it make muscle loss more prominent or will the ketone bodies become the nr.1 energy source after a while?

No

You're wrong and you're stupid

OP, seriously consult your doctor before attempting either keto or EF as a type 2 diabetic and, for the love of god, at the very least buy ketostix and religiously pee on them. You can seriously fuck your shit up with diabetic ketoacidosis m8.

I don't have type 2 diabetes, both my grandmothers have it though so i thought it may be easier to get it when i get older

if you mean IF water + keto yes, but when you waterfast its one or the other not both. just do 23/7 and that one hour consume your stuff for the day, but going full water fast is better imo

I am currently doing IF and a keto-ish diet, I was thinking that it probably should be the same mechanism as ketone bodies are used as energy in both methods.

By doing a water fast your body is using ketone bodies as energy because converting protein into glykogen ends up with muscle loss, and muscles are more important for the body to conserve than let's say excess fat.

And by doing a water fast during a ketogenic IF diet it won't switch to breaking muscles for glykogen because you're already using fat for energy.

This may just be gibberish, but it is how I'm thinking the body will respond to combining the two

idiot, if you have any form of carbs at all on keto you'll just gain weight since you're already eating a bunch of fat.

ketostix are a waste of money unless you're diabetic you useless idiot.

The dude said his family already had diabetes you absolute mongoloid, for all he knows he could be prediabetic already.

Kys moron

Like 3-5 days of water fasting and rest of the days eating with a caloric deficit (op followup)

Easy mode is:

>fast 2-5 days a week
>keto/paleo when you eat
>indulge in whatever whenever, but try to stick to keto/paleo for the most part
>fast a little more after you indulge in junk

Thanks for the advice, i'll try it out!

You look like you're going to have an amazing ass OP.
No homo ofc.

why are your nips pointing away from each other like that?

do you have gyno?

What's the rate you're supposed to lose body fat under the keto diet? I've been doing it for two months, lost 20~ pounds so far, but %bf only down by like 2%