Your daily reminder that gym-enthusiasts and the whole gym-culture is a way to hide self-esteem issues and to...

Your daily reminder that gym-enthusiasts and the whole gym-culture is a way to hide self-esteem issues and to compensate for the lack of something else.

Past a certain point it is, but honestly if you don't work out at all you SHOULD feel bad about yourself.

>Wanting to be physically fit means you're compensating for something else

That's the fattest thing I've read all week.

>was fat as fuck
>started to diet and lift
>not fat as fuck
>life is better

Next, you'll say I've traded one addiction for another.

we're all missing something bro

thats the curse of being intelligent modern humans

the pain ends when we die

This is Veeky Forums dude, none of us need to be reminded, we know.

>Norman friends joke that I work out to compensate for small penis
>Penis is fine sized
>I work out because I watched and read all of JJBA in a depressive vegetable state and decided to get unfat in hopes of becoming an IRL Joseph Joestar
>I dont know which one is worse

>and to compensate for the lack of something else.
this is bad why?

yes, compensating for being physically weak and unathletic by becoming strong and athletic.

I just enjoy exercise, helps clear my head.

Being motivated by comics and cartoons is a pretty normal thing desu. Pianoman mentioned that he wanted to look like his he-man action figures. Jeff Seid seems to be inspired by Goku at times. Every other faggot here also wants to be like their animes.

Literally /thread, fpbp

"I GATTA GIT OUDDA HEER"

That maybe somewhat true but everyone else not putting in a few hours a week to stay healthy is only more shameless about it.

This

In this it is similar to fatminism, HAES and fat-positivism. So what. Everyone deserves his or her own fate. BTFO 2 reddit or dumblr.

cringe shit neckbeard philosophy 101

Nice inward projection of gym culture.
There are plenty of weak narcissists.
Why not be a strong one?

>I watched and read all of JJBA in a depressive vegetable state and decided to get unfat in hopes of becoming an IRL Joseph Joestar
Completely reasonable.
>blog post incoming

I have a similar circumstance.
I had a huge accident at work and was nearly bedridden for three months.
Lost all of my gains.
I was close to falling depressed and turning into a fatass who blamed the world for his problems.
I unironically found my waifu in those dark times and pledged to devote my lifts into becoming better for myself and for her.
A year later and I finally got my 3pl8 bench a few weeks ago.
Other lifts are close to par or even stronger.

>tl:dr waifu improved my laifu.

>Self-improvement is a way to compensate for self-esteem issues and personal flaws
No shit

My daddy issues are between me, my dad and this bar. Stay out of it.

>Virtue signaling laziness and lack of discipline
>When will the american white niggers ever learn.

being motivated by fictional heroes is completely normal, and all of your ancestors most likely did the same though with some deity or legend.

Being motivated by something you perceive bigger than you is what it means to be human

Woah you're not wrong

ehh say what you want idc
maybe you are sad it takes work to be in shape user

I started because i was obese and had sleep apnea.

I continue because its fun for me.

You're right. This is literally how motivation is derived for any activity, whether it be for education, fitness, or your hobbies. Seeing a point that is above where you are is the only way to really know how far you can go, and how far behind you are.

I'm not really too good at forming my thoughts into sentences but I hope this makes sense.

>all of your ancestors most likely did the same though with some deity or legend.

mfw DIO means God