Gym has banned dead-lifts, power cleans and ohp from the floor...

Gym has banned dead-lifts, power cleans and ohp from the floor. basically any barbell movement where the weight is on the floor is banned

Even using mats under the weights is not allowed

I will be moving in 4 months anyway, should i bother switching gyms or just focus on squats and bench for 4 months?

I kind of want to switch gyms out of spite because fuck giving money to these cunts.

You should just keep deadlifting, what the fuck are they going to do?

why has your gym banned dead-lifts, power cleans and ohp from the floor

do you do deadlifts? if yes, leave trash gym.

if RLM should teach you anything, it's that money talks. shit sequels and remakes never stop coming because people pay money to see them. shit gyms stay open because people never cancel their membership.

Tell you stop and then when you dont terminate your membership for not following gym rules.

Because people don't do eccentric contraction during their lifts, and never going to make it

Nigga, you moving in 4 months, the fuck you got to lose, keep deadlifting.

pretty much this. they don't care that much unless you're slamming weights.

that's the thing im not slamming the weights and was even using mats under the rubber plates on a padded floor.

A PT stopped training a client to walk over to me and tell me to stop dead-lifting, and that the business under the gym just complained about the noise. I could see him the whole time, unless he has telepathy he didn't get a complaint that day

keep deadlifting. when they tell you to stop, stop deadlifting and focus on heavy good mornings and rack pulls (at all 3 heights). this should raise your deadlift even without actually doing the exercise

>rack pulls
I think i'll do rack pulls at the lowest possible setting on the rack

The gym banned it because incompetent show offs were slamming the weights. You were probably one of them.
1. In the meantime just do the same shit off lowest setting in the rack
2. Stop slamming weights. If you do #1 don't get that banned too. Don't shit in the punchbowl at your new gym.

But bumper plates are designed to be dropped senpai

Tell them you want to end your membership and you will not be paying for the current month.

Don't support that bullshit

Outside a serious Olympic gym the bumper plates can't really handle repeated aggressive drops and the gym isn't set up for it. Commercial bumper plates or more designed to not fuck shit up when dropped occasionally than to withstand regular oly treatment.

OP here, at my last gym there were some Olympic bumper plates, and one of the two trainers was a crossfitter and he fucking broke the 10kg and 5kg bumper plates by dropping them constantly

lowest possible settings on the rack mimics the deadlift the closest, but for overall strength development you should do below, at, and above the knee.

I can't believe a business inside a fucking gym would expect it to be quiet

Put stuff under your feet to turn the rack pulls into deadlifts.

I fucking know right?

But also why would you put a gym on the 8th fucking floor?
that's... not the worst idea...

fucking manlets trying everything

Talk to the manager and reccomend XF plates. They're incredibly quiet. If they don't buy in a couple of sets then change gyms. They only go up to 3.5 pl8 though (they're thick as fuck).

Another (additional) option is a thing called the deadlift deadener that Eddie Hall is selling through his channels. It has its uses for training deadlift form but also protects the floor and makes the whole process practically silent even without using XF plates. Really very cheap. Again buying a few of these and getting peeps to use them if they want to do floor stuff should be more than enough compromise. If it isn't, you're now going to an autism gym.

We have those at my gym. The thing is you only need 1 plate on each side because the regular plates are slightly smaller. So the only point of contact is the XF plate. That way I can still load up 5 plate deadlifts and not have it be deafening.

You still get the sound of the other plates banging each other though.

True. They're amazing tho. Usually with this sort of thing it's that almighty BOOM when people start throwing stuff around that really travels, plates clanging doesn't so much. Most noise insulation is for those kinds of higher pitched noises, it's a pita to insulate for the very low pitched ones.

Move to Wichita Falls and lift with Mark

Deadlift in the carpark by the entrance.

Everyone here does it, it's fucking cool.

I

ok so you keep deadlifting and if they kick you out you find a new gym? until then you keep deadlifting