Are you ever mad at your parents for not taking an active interest in your physical activities and appearance...

Are you ever mad at your parents for not taking an active interest in your physical activities and appearance? Is it reasonable to get mad at them?

They probably told you, but you didn't listen.

I told them that they were shitty parents for letting their kid become fat. After I turned 18, then it's basically on me if I remain fat, but prior to that it's borderline neglect/abuse.

My mother is amazed at how I look now and even my stepdad who is stubborn as shit makes comments...feels good man

I'll tape my kids mouth shut if need be. no way I'm letting that fucker become a mouth breaking chinlet.

breathing*

My dad took me into the gym when I was like 13 and I was too much a insecure little faggot, embarrassed that I'd make a fool of myself to want to lift.

my whole life would have been different if i didnt move in with my morbidly obese diabetic grandparents at the age of 6

No, my parents were constantly dragging me to sports. Soccer, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, karate, swimming. My mom also used to nag me to join the gym before I started lifting because she thought playing vidya all day would be bad for my health. The only thing I'm a little pissed about is the terrible diet they let me eat. I pretty much ate only white bread, peanutbutter and drank water. I wonder how much it affected my growth (5'7").

>be fat kid
>Parents sign me up for a small gym and a trainer
>They're joined up to but never go
>I go
>I do what the trainer tells me
>Qt starts to follow me around
>One day my parents tell me they quit the gym membership
>They tell me the gym sucks, its small and the trainer doesn't know what he's doing
>Get fat, lose all friends, move out of state
>Parents tell me how they joined that gym again because they like the small environment and tell me how they wish I applied myself

True. Did they explain why it was bad? "Jimmy, go out and play" isn't really a winning argument. Maybe "Jimmy, do you want to never be popular and die an incel with no friends?"

Usually kids become mouth breathers because of some condition, IE my family moved to a drastically different climate when I was 5, caused to basically walk around with a fever and stuffed nose for 8 months out of a year for 10 years

They dun goofed. Its been proven a well rounded diet during your adolescence years that consists of vegetables, dairy and meat will make you taller.

Dont worry it happened to me too(also 5'7). Family was poor so we had to go sell at flea markets/swapmeets every Saturday and Sunday so my sleep was shit as a child plus junk food on those days. Kind of fucking sucks to be honest with you.

My parents constantly encouraged me to play sports and exercise and now I still do. I think parents should encourage kids to, but after a certain point, like in high school, kids should take it upon themselves to do it.

wouldn't really blame them, i was raised with 3 woman and they always made a lot of food for me

Does taping your mouth at night help with Chin gains? Or is it dangerous?

my parents had me try out like 4 different sports before I was 5 and after I found one I liked they drove me to practice 3-5 dayd a week and matches and tournament trips every weekend

so no I'm not mad

They didn't care any my mom tried to turn me into a book worm, what obviously backfired at me later in life. However, my dad did a great job at building my home gym, we renovated an entire room in a basement and he built a very sturdy bench using my project, it can even go to the incline. I still wonder why did he put so much effort into it, maybe he felt bad for being a shitty father for the most of my life.

I'm happy my parents made me do sports as a kid and teenager, and I'll probably do the same to my children as well. Probably put them do swimming or track and field

I ate junk food everyday until I was 20. My brother never touched junk food past 12, played baseball and football from 13 to 18 and boxed while in college. Im 5'11 he is 5'7.

That's just genetics man

No, I still played euro fotball for 10 years, despite them showing no interest

My mom was an athlete. Played volleyball in competitive Uni and used to teach people how to surf. All that stopped since she had me and my sister. She's a bimbo cougar now.

my parents have taken an interest in it now that ive got a home gym constantly admiring my gains, buying and cooking me food etc

Ive even talked to my dad about him going to get TRT therapy from the doctor because he wants to lift with me which would be cool

In my early childhood my mom would never let me leave the house and play outside with my friends in fear that I would get kidnapped or injured (I was like 190 lbs at 11) neither would she let me get braces because "the dentist said I couldn't because [insert bullshit here]", she would constantly feed me fast food, soda, and TONS of sweets, but being active was "potentially dangerous"
It eventually led to me being over 300 lbs with *literally no friends and addicted to food in my early teen years (365 lbs at 15 yrs old) and with a severely crowded mouth that constantly hurts. I also dropped out of school in the 6th grade because I was too overweight do even fit in the classroom desks.

Now that I'm older, the decision is up to me if I want to change or continue to live a self destructive life style. I eventually lost a ton of weight, but part of me still resents her for destroying my childhood and nearly killing me. I also realize that bygones are bygones and I need to move on with my life without worrying about the past.

Okay, so this is the first time I have ever been able to say this... But are you me?

Got her number mate?

>used to be kind of chubby in high school
>as a freshman wanted to start hitting the gym and get big
>my parents supported me and even paid for my 1 year subscription
>bullshit PTs in a gym without barbells gives me some shit routine
>no compounds, no pullups, only dumbell curls and machine stuff
>saw no progress and had no motivation
>stopped after just 2 months
My parents aren't at fault, those unqualified PTs and my lack of discipline and unwillingness to learn about fitness and nutrition are. I wish I had discovered the sticky back in 2012.

Is she pround that one of her daughters looks like a tranny?

Shit dude, she destroyed thr very best part of your life. How haven't you killed yourself yet man? Not being mean, genuinely wondering.

Was your dad a stud?

Because I'm not a bitch and have never felt like one. I've always had a vision for myself and I will achieve it.

dude fuck your mom, seriously. Im not one to hold grudges but she basically tried to kill you and wasted the best part of your life. You need to honestly sit down and tell her how it is, then cease contact. Thats at least what I would do. What she did is just as bad as physical or sexual abuse in my book

i feel bad for all the people I see who are out of shape but have potential, using PTs. They are pure shit and I have never once seen them teach a proper compound, only super light dumbells (like a 190 lb dude doing shoulder press with 15s) and machines. They dont even do cable work and rarely do cardio even if theyre overweight. And I doubt they teach them about diet either. They are basically keeping people fat and stupid so they have a steady source of income

I'm mad at my parents for even creating me in the first place.

Sorry to break it to you but it's on you way before you turn 18. Yes parents may enable someone to get very fat but you can look into the mirror at 12-14 and make your own decision to try be healthy