I saw this posted on /r9k/ and I am pretty sure he is absolutely completely wrong about maintenance calories and all...

I saw this posted on /r9k/ and I am pretty sure he is absolutely completely wrong about maintenance calories and all that.

Would Veeky Forums discuss if he is right or wrong?

>eat less
>still maintain same weight
You can't possibly believe him right?

pls respond

Begone from my board, foul robot! And take these dubs with you.

He was talking about counting calories m8, and he's right. eating 2500 calories is what you need to do to maintain your weight, because that's what your body processes.

Jesus, they're getting even more retarded

I understand what he's trying to say.
He's saying that if the fat fuck takes his daily calorie consumption down from 5000 calories to 2500 calories the fat lard ass will just maintain his weight, not lose. (But he won't be gaining weight anymore as he isn't taking in 5000 kcals.). Not exactly accurate but I think that's what he's getting at... the fatty won't lose weight until he cuts down to 2000 kcals. (2500 kcals being the theoretical TDEE)

But an obese person is not an average person, his body needs more calories to live therefore 2500 calories a day would make him lose weight.

What a a fucking retard

He's full of shit.

Your body naturally burns energy. Just eating below your current rate is enough to lose weight, you just have adjust that amount periodically

he was arguing against me that you can't lose weight by just eating less calories, that you need to exercise too

and i told him exercising is a shit way to lose weight because it makes you hungrier and can only burn so many calories, that eating less calories is infinitely easier if weight loss is your goal

exactly what these guys said

I think he was saying "2500 calories" as just a maintaining weight. Like someone who's average is 2500 calories would maintain their weight. I think he just didn't calculate exactly how many calories an 800 pound man would need.
>exercise is a shit way to lose weight
you're mentally handicapped.

He is wrong.

hello retarded guy from /r9k/

Don't argue, he is far too deep into selfdelusion to be educated

I posted in that thread OP

his numbers might be off but he has a point.

most fat people eat above their caloric need and leep getting slowly fatter. 2500kcal is enough to maintain a 250lbs fatso who lives a sedetary lifestyle but if he's used to 4000kcal he might feel hungry. especially if he just cuts calories and doesnt readjust how he spreads those calories

>he was arguing against me that you can't lose weight by just eating less calories, that you need to exercise too
in the screencap you posted he literally admitted twice that it's possible to lose weight by eating less

also stop posting on r9k

The only place he's really off is where he considers that exercise burns a LOT of calories for an obeast. It doesn't. The only people who can really burn lots of kcals through exercise are rather unironically the people who have good work capacity and rarely need to lose too much fat LOL.

Consider this. A mile, ran or jogged or trotted, is about 75kcal per 100lbs of person. 5000kcal a day is about a 400lb man. NO 400LB PERSON IS JOGGING A MILE. The best they can do is walk, which is much more efficient than running so fewer kcals per mile burned, and they ain't gonna be walking fast, or long. But let's assume that they could jog, which would burn 300kcal per mile. Which is easier?
> leave their diet the same and suddenly start jogging 8.3 miles a day
> eat like a normal human being at 2500kcal a day and lose 5lbs a week

Now let's consider a 200lb person. Jogging a mile for them would be 150kcal. Which is easier?
> leave their diet the same and suddenly start jogging 3 miles a day, every day, to lose 1lb a week
> cut 500kcal off their diet each day, to lose 1lb a week

You cannot outrun a shitty diet. A tablespoon of mayo is 90kcal, which is easier for me at a biscuit under 200lbs, to jog a km or to say "no mayo, please."??? I have seen obeasts put A WHOLE CUP OF SALAD DRESSING ON THEIR SALAD AT THE BUFFET LINE. These people are known for massively shitty diets. They could literally, most of them, lose several lbs a week just by switching to diet coke, low cal salad dressing, ice milk, stopping snacking/grazing, and using lowfat mayo. BUT THEY DON'T. It amazes and infuriates me.

> nb4 exercise helps
Yes it does, never said it didn't, primarily in keeping the metabolic pathways open and in preserving lean tissue, improving insulin sensitivity, etc. But its role in the energy balance is smaller than that of diet, ESPECIALLY for the obese who have basically zero work capacity and an enormous calorie load they can easily cut.

if hes eating 5000 calories a day that becomes his maintenance. if he eats at a deficit he will lose weight

But in America an 'obese' person is an average person.... Checkmate!!

Shit mate, you got us.

OP youre right, I just posted lets see what the robots have to say

Staying at 800 pounds by eating nothing? this is not fantasy land.

That means his body is not consuming his fat which means that 800 pound fictional man will die within weeks.

>if the obese person HALVES his diet, going back down to 2500, he will neither gain nor lose weight
Wrong.

wut

i didnt post that u double nigger

it was bait even there to begin with
why repost it here? you already know the answer to your question

he states that the average male needs 2500 but that's at an average weight

the more you weigh = the more calories needed to maintain that weight

so no, he's completely wrong if some fat ass cut their calories down to 2500 they'd continually lose weight till they're at the weight that amount of calories maintains

The 2500 is a hypothetical and no dude that's not how it works if 2500 is your TDEE and you consume 2500 calories then you will not lose a single pound no matter how large you are, you only lose weight via a caloric DEFICIT