Skinny fat user here (5'11" 150 lbs). Has anyone fasted for extended periods...

Skinny fat user here (5'11" 150 lbs). Has anyone fasted for extended periods? Looking to lose 15 lbs before the next semester starts.

Also, are my frame/proportions fucked? I feel like I have wide hips.

Also, I have been eating 1600-1800 calories, as well as added cardio on top of that.
Would like to expedite the process, though.

Fasting is for really obese people. Why not just bulk up, eat your protein and lose some fat in the process.

Oh, is it really? I just want a body like this

Fasting might be dangerous if not done correctly. You lose a lot of important salts and minerals if done wrong and can threaten your life. But since you don't want to bulk up, just continue what your doing. Do lots of cardio, some weight training and eat your protein. Stick to that 1600-1800 cal like you said. It takes about a month to see some progress.

All right.

Just curious, but what do you think of my frame and proportions? Do I have potential to look good at lower bf% and more muscle?

why is Veeky Forums recently obsessed with this fasting meme?

has it gained mainstream media attention in the US or something? it's literally always skinnyfat dyel newfags posting about it

OP here. I actually heard it here, on Veeky Forums.

I want to be thin again, and not some dumpy skinny fat fuck.

join a gym, count your macros, read the sticky

you have the exact same frame as your goal pic dude. as long as your shoulders are wider than your hips you are fine. At 135x5'11" you will not look like goal photo. Your chest will be straight ribs. Lift and then cut.

not to bash your goal or anything but you'd probably look exactly the same as eachother wearing a shirt.

he's just lower bodyfat no real mass or anything you can probably get that body from dieting and some cardio

The only problem with you dieting is that you have no muscle underneath to even be noticeable. You need to bulk up for a year or two straight and then worry about dieting once you've acquired a nice amount of mass. Trust me

try a low carb diet instead. It's easier and you see results. I'm a month in and have dropped 20 pounds. I also workout daily.

>exact same frame as your goal pic dude
Shit man, that makes me feel good.

I skimmed through the sticky a few days ago, but I'm clueless when it comes to a routine to achieving my goal body. Signing up for a gym tomorrow.

>bulk for a year straight
??? I don't want to look like a fat ass during that period

user. You're a gook. You're better than this. Go on reddit and figure your shit out and then comeback here once you realize reaching your goal was pointless. You still won't get bitches.

Well depends who you want to like you, but basically having visible muscle and bulking a little up would make you look close to that previous pic. So what I suggest is that you train your muscles, eat your protein and do cardio until you are satisfied with yourself. Your frame is not bad. You just look small and weak because of your lack of muscle.

I didn't say u should bulk at all, you really don't need to , that guys body is attainable from cardio + some mild ab work you just have to be consistent and it wont take a year or 2 that user is retard.

That's cute. I get a lot of attraction from white girls. Granted, they typically like Japanese and Korean dramas and shit, but hey, at least I'm not belittling people online.

Thank you. I've been doing HIIT recently.

you need mass more than anything. bulking doesnt need to be a dirty bulk where you eat everything you see. just a little caloric excess while LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT so you can build muscle. shouldn't take 2 years though but idk about gook genes

Can I still be on a caloric deficit, though? Like 1600-1800 range, eating clean, whilst lifting heavy shit, as you said

But yeah, I don't want to look like a skeleton. Just something like this

noob gains are strong so it might work as long as you get your protein. Mind you at that height/weight + working out your TDEE would jump to ~2300 so a "caloric deficit" would put you at 2100 a day rather than 1800.

>2100
Oh wow. Good to know, thanks user.

You have no muscle. You can't cut, you will look like holocaust. You don't want to look fat at any time but want to eventually look better than you do now? You need to start lifting and eat at maintenance (once you start lifting your maintaince amount of calories will increase and you will need to eat more than now otherwise you'll be at deficite) if you want to slowly re-composition your body, over a period of months you will maintain about the same weight but the fat will be burned and you will make minor lean muscle gains which will replace the fat. You won't look bigger, you won't be strong but your body will start to feel tighter and you will have just a hint of muscle on your frame. That's the only way if you don't want to also gain fat. Once you reach "ottermode + bodyfat" you can cut and look like a skinny model faggot if you want or you can start eating and make some gains.

Ok, a few questions:

What specific routine do you recommend to get the ottermode faggot aesthetic?

How will I be able to tell once I'm at the "ottermode + bodyfat" part and can being cutting?

If I cut, wouldn't I lose the muscle as well? I want to maintain my muscles (once I have gained them) while losing fat.

Also, by specific, I mean, very fucking specific, down to the reps sets and days

just some pushups and situps every once in a while. Don't wanna get too big y'know?

Every once in a while? The other dude just told me to bulk up and get some mass

you can get newbie gains even at a deficit but they only last for so long

sure if you wanna look like this.

Would I still maintain noob gains, though? What do you mean by "last"?
The sticky told me it'd take years to get that big.

Think it was the youtuber dude who did the 28 day fast, seen that video in my recommended for a while and recently watched. Made it sound really enticing.

yeah you can maintain them. I meant they won't keep coming and if you cut really low they become harder and harder to maintain.

>What specific routine do you recommend to get the ottermode faggot aesthetic?
The goal is to build muscle, which isn't something that's very easy to do. I would suggest read the sticky. The Texas Method is simple and effective. Don't get the idea that anything geared to power lifting or looking 'bulky' is wrong for you, you do not get huge just from doing these for a few months and especially not when you're not eating 4000cal per day. You need to read thoroughly about the programme you want to do and then write out your routine for yourself, expect to spend a couple hours doing this at least. Youtube is helpful.

Which brings us to the next question: You'll know when you see yourself in the mirror, your mind will tell you that you look better than you do but there will come a point where you can see (and your strenght levels increasing will also tell you) that you have built muslce; you will be able to imagine roughly how you will look without the body fat on top. Your weight might increase a little but you'll notice that your belly fat has gone down, you'll look flatter and feel tighter where you once felt soft. If you jiggled when you jump up and down you'll notice you don't anymore. Around this point you can cut if you want.

Yes, you will lose a little muscle if you cut, but if you keep up a good protein intake and continue lifting then it won't be much, especially if you've built it slowly and steadily through recomposition. If you go full retard and try to eat an apple a day you will just fuck yourself over, though. Just wait a little longer (and get a little bigger) before you cut if you think you're going to lose too much muscle to achieve the cut body you want.

starting strenght with some accessories thrown in. there's a link in THE STICKY which you should obviously read regardless

Thank you. Is it okay to skip leg day if going for the faggot ottermode aesthetic is my goal? Also, what can I do to fix my wide hips

>>Would I still maintain noob gains, though? What do you mean by "last"?
He means that you can make gains on a deficit but there comes a point where you will stall and you will need to eat and lift hard and smart to make gains. Bu don't do deficit shit, right now you have basically zero muscle from living a sedentary life. You can get wiry and lean looking but you need at least a basis of some muscle, if you don't have that you will just look malnourished and emaciated when you lose the body fat you have now.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Will lifting slim down my fat cheeks? I think I'm genetically predisposed to have a cherubic face, but then again, I've actually never been completely 100% lean before

Leg and posterior chain will help make wide hips look less conspicuous. No, don't skip any of the main lifts, the compound movements, because they are what will shape your body and make you better. Squats and deadlifts will develop the abdominal muscles as well which is key to the look you seem to want. The point I want to get across is that most skinnyfat people have no idea how little muscle they have, if you want to look like a thin and lean model you need to build a bit then, luckily as a beginner you can get that little bit and still lose a little fat at the same time. Then you can cut and maintain your weight and muscle.

This whole thing can be done under a year, right? At least from where I'm at now

Probably, depending on how much muscle you allow yourself to gain; you're handicapping yourself by trying not to gain weight and recomping instead (which takes time because your body is essential remodeling itself). You don't understand yet how easy it is to burn fat and lose fat-weight if you have some muscle on you, especially if you combine it with good diet and HIIT training.

This would be easier and quicker if you just did a slight bulk, nothing major, then cut. Anyway you need to cut out all shitty junk food and replace those calories with clean food, protein and nutritional shit. Research a programme, understand it, write out a routine for you to follow and then do it consistently week in week out, only make concessions if you feel an injury. Start lifting and reading and the rest will sort itself out, you'll learn yourself how to make your own body do what you want it to and then you can learn about the most efficient and productive ways to do that which lifters have devised.

Do I have some sort of hormonal problem? This is what my hips look like. This isn't normal for a guy, right?

Do you think I'm a fucking doctor? Looks normal to me, everyone has a different body. Also keep in mind you have no quadriceps so your legs taper down more dramatically from the hips than someone who has some muscle and squats. That creates the look of having wider hips.

You don't look like you won the genetic lottery, I certainly didn't and I have legit wide hips. Just take one thing at a time, start lifting barbells with heavy weight on them and if you have a little dedication and interest you will soon learn what you need to know to get the results you want, you're not aiming super high anyway so don't worry about it too much.

wide hips are pretty common. you can look good even with them. take a look at klokov

Well, no, but you seem knowledgable enough, so that's why I asked. My bad.

What do you mean by "not aiming super high"? Ottermode is a pretty admirable goal.

no it is not okay

for one thing the most important leg exercises also target your core. squats will do more for your abs than any amount of sit-ups.

I mean you're not aiming to gain 60lbs of muscle mass and deadlift 600lbs, you want to build a little muscle and cut to look lean. I'm not shitting on your goal or anything, just saying it's not difficult to achieve if you commit yourself and take some time to learn how to do it.

Do IF for a cut when the time comes. Strength and everything goes up, even on a calorie deficit as a newbie...that is, if you eat correctly.

Thanks bro. How come (mostly) everyone else wants to get BIG? I don't understand the fascination.

How do I eat correctly? I drink soylent 2.0 because it's easy to track calories that way. But other than that, I don't know how to cook

because we aren't low T asian fuccbois

also it feels great to be strong. you're young and stupid and assume people on here are only thinking about their looks or even worse to impress girls. this is also why you will fail, because you're obviously only doing this so other people would be impressed. that is not the way of the samurai my son.

Use myfitnesspal to log food and weight. It is never 100% correct in the amount you need to eat to gain or cut, but you can use it as a point to start from.

But just make sure you get a good amount of protein in on a cut. Some people will go high fat low carb, some, the other way. You do whatever you feel works best.

But I'm only eighteen, user.
>implying I'm a low t Asian fuccboii
What the fuck does even mean. You're telling me, that people actually lift for themselves (health benefits) and not just took look good/impress girls? I used to be fat as fuck and was scrutinized for my weight by my Asian relatives, so I have some bad self esteem issues and possibly even body dysmorphia

>Thanks bro. How come (mostly) everyone else wants to get BIG? I don't understand the fascination.
Well I kind of think there are different kinds of looks to big, some I would like to be some I don't want. You might understand more when you start lifting, getting strong and building your body is good; fitness and training overall give you a positive feeling and are kind of addictive. When I first started riding a motorbike I didn't want to go fast, I just wanted to ride. But soon you find out that it's fun, not only just cruising around but also going fast. So you want to ride faster, get better, get a knee down in corners etc. Lifting and fitness is the same, not everyone wants to look like a powerlifter but most people that lift and like it will want to gain ability and proficiency, which usually means some degree of size and weight increase. Personally my goal body is roughly like a gymnast's, not big compared to some bearmode strongman or shredded bodybuilder.

I wasn't making fun of your age, I was just stating a fact because it was very obvious from your posts.

The people on Veeky Forums, especially those that have actually stuck to their plans and achieved considerable progress, are here because we enjoy lifting. We enjoy not only the very act of lifting heavy weights but the feeling of accomplishment we get from reaching goals we've set for ourselves. Sure female attention or praise are nice but they're nothing but a byproduct.

If you lift for other people and not yourself you are destined for failure. A strict diet and exercise is hard work and YOU have to want it to succeed in the long run. This is the #1 reason why newfags who come here looking for advice give it up within 3 months. They didn't really want it, they just wanted to impress others.

you don't need to lift to get girls. if you do then you have shit social skills and you're better off working them out instead of your muscles.

you can look good without lifting weights. just get to around 12% bf and do some bodyweight shit for a year and you'll look better than 90% of the people

>You're telling me, that people actually lift for themselves (health benefits) and not just took look good/impress girls?
Unless you're actually a dick as soon as you've been lifting for a few months and have gotten into a rhythm you will probably feel like that's what you lift for too. Feeling strong, fast, mobile and healthy is the best thing on earth.

That's the thing, though -- I don't want to fail. The main reason why I want to do this, is because I want to feel comfortable shirtless. Having female attraction is ultimately secondary to personal comfort and confidence.

So I guess my question is, how do I actually stick to this? Like I mentioned earlier, I will be getting a gym membership tomorrow

The goal you have in mind should be enough motivation for you to stick with it.

Oh no, trust me. I'm not lifting for the intention of getting my dick wet. I already get enough female attraction (mainly from white weaboos/koreaboos, but I digress). I just want to look and feel good about my own body.

No one can make you motivated. There are no tips or advice to make it easier we can give you. You ask "how do I stick to this?" the answer is: by sticking to it. How do you get up from bed and stretch instead of sleeping 15 minutes more? You do it. How do you go to the gym after a long day of studying when you just want to lay on the couch and eat ice cream? You go.

It's as simple as that. Making yourself do things that don't give instant gratification and are physically tiring by trusting that in the end it will be worth it. And once you start seeing results you will be glad about all the times you chose that healthy meal option or went out and did cardio despite hating the very idea of it.

Or not, and then you will probably stop going.

If it's any consolation most of the time working out is actually fun once you get warmed up. Leaving the house for the gym is the most difficult part.

>I just want to look and feel good about my own body.
Then you will likely enjoy lifting and thus will not need motivation. But making progress, eating right, sleeping enough, abstaining from getting drunk all the time and researching technique and technical things can take hard work which may not. Having a shitty day in the gym, not lifting well or feeling weak or discovering that there's a problem with your form that you need to fix, to do all that you need dedication.

What kind of clothes do you guys wear at the gym? I wear the joggers in the OP pic, but they tend to get looser throughout my cardio sessions, so I might have to get different clothes

Wear whatever the fuck you want. I´ve seen people working out in jeans. I sometimes go in a pair of lounge joggers.

cant go wrong with gym shorts and a t shirt

lmao I am 6'0 and 183lbs and when I look in the mirror I see a skeleton staring back at me.

You do NOT need to cut. You need to start bulking and getting huge son

Running shorts and breathable PT t-shirts I have left over from the army. I'm not spending money on clothes just for the gym.

pls do not become the fag that shows up in spandex for no reason.

183Ibs is not skelly you fat fuck

at 6 feet 183 is absolutely skelly what the fuck

OP here, but the other user is right... 180 lbs are your height absolutely is fat, unless you're muscular or something. Hell, I'm 5'11" and I think the 160s is fat as shit

Spandex? Lmao

OP you are a skinny little weakling fuck you have no say here

most pro athletes at that height weight at least 10-20 pounds more.

If you think 180 lbs at 6 feet is skelly, you have some serious issues.

he doesn't, he's just trying to justify his own strange weight insecurities

one example: this is 6 foot at 183lbs (not me)

Looks decent with a shirt off, but I want to look big while wearing clothes.

That's not even skelly lol

you've misunderstood. this is me, and this is what I see when I look back in the mirror

he's literally only trained arms

if that weight was in the legs and core like it should he'd look skelly

Do most manlets recognize your authority?

I've noticed people generally respect me more because of my deep, masculine voice. As for my height, I think it definitely contributes to that as well.

I'm not really sure what you're asking though, but it is hilarious walking past Manlet white bois, especially when they have Asian girlfriends and they just glare at me.

That's cause you look like twig that escaped North Korea dude. Idk how you're gonna look at the faggotlets when you literally have a small asian dick and look like you're from North Korea.

did you step on that ledge to appear taller in the pic you slant eyed manlet fuck?

Struck a nerve? :^) Damn boy, I hope you find your perfect Asian waifu and produce Manlet children ahahahah

>being this assblasted
I don't know what to tell you, but I don't have a full sized mirror, which is why I stood on the bathtub.

read the sticky dumb chink

Holy shit, these are the types of faggots that give fitness advice on this board. This twink is trying to have a say when he looks like that and is trying to get some abs.

>this delusional
they're glaring at you cause your autistic ass is staring at their woman
also use photoshop next time if you're trying to make yourself taller instead of having the worries of busting your skull

ok manlet

i got u senpai

Not really. I suspect that these guys really do feel inferior to me. It was like a literal 5'4" blonde haired guy.
Besides, that's not the point. I didn't make this thread to show off my height or anything

lol

bend over and post pics of ur butt

no, i am not a homosex

>Manlet white bois

As much as I hate manlets, i have to say this to you mate, not being horrible. You're Asian, nobody and I mean NOBODY is looking at you in that way. Asians are the LEAST masculine race in the world with shitty test genetics. You need to get out of your own ass and realise that you are a twink, Asain boy, with no muscle, hairless, manlet and a dicklet. So you got a lot to work on, what are you 17/18? You have plenty of time to bulk up, so get at it my dude then you'd be like Mike chang in 10 years

nothing gay about it unless you invite another boy over (which is fine too)

Ye, I'm 18. Hoping to achieve ottermode like the pictures above of that one Kpop guy

Also, it really depends on what kind of women we're talking about, because most of the white koreaboos like the thin Asian aesthetic. But I agree, I definitely need to gain muscle

Post picture with shirt off and stand straight, not with all these autistic poses

Admittedly, women can be different my man. A lot of Asian girls might be daunted about getting with a white barbarian man and prefer your kind. Realistically, your foundations are fine, cardio is what i'd recommend, basic lifts if you want that body, shouldn't be too hard

>stand straight
you need to work on that posture buddy

>manlet white bois
>implying youre not a manlet
>when will they learn

The fuck is this shit. user, you need to quit hunching over and this is a blurry ass picture.

What kind of basic lifts?
How?
You know, coming from a 5'6" dad and 5'2" mom, I think I'm doing fine when it comes to height.