Did any of you just go full out instead of getting into exercise slowly...

Did any of you just go full out instead of getting into exercise slowly? Any guide i find or person i talk to recommends taking things at a safe pace and to push yourself a bit and all that, but has anyone ever gone from eating 3 tubs of ice cream a day to spending 6-10 hours a day getting Veeky Forums? Is it even a good idea?

that was a wild ride thanks for sharing that

it's not possible because you get DOMS. that's why every guide you read is about taking things slowly

Its a shit idea, youre way more likely to just injure yourself than make gains
Fitness is a marathon not a sprint, its mostly about how consistently you work over a long period of time
Also read the fucking sticky

My first two weeks were real fun because of this. After that it's honestly not that bad, pretty much the only side effect

i know what the sticky says, i even clearly stated that i know any guide says it's a bad idea. I was wondering if anyone went against the flow and found out that it was good or would warn me as the picture has.

IT
IS
NOT
POSSIBLE
BECAUSE
YOU
GET
DOMS

it has nothing to do with "going against the flow" or "not following guides". it's phydically impossible. if your muscles aren't used to hard exercise they take a long time to recover. over time as the muscles get used to it the recovery time gets shorter.

cool, i got that after the second reply in the thread. Was simply restating why i had posted what i did... you're a little slow aren't you.

wtf you talking about

working out while you have doms will relieve the doms.

it's not a "bad idea". a bad idea is doing something reckless or non-effective. if you're literally just starting out the doms will be so strong that if you tried to work out the following day again your muscles physically couldn't lift the weights no matter how much mental fortitude you have. a "bad idea" implies a choice

Personal example : I decided to start doing 60 push ups a day as an addition to my diet plus regular exercises. After two weeks I started feeling shoulder pains, and had to take a break.

The point is that even the most advanced bodybuilders will alternate their workouts to not go to hard on a specific muscle (there's leg day, chest day...). You can't go full out because you will just have to decrease intensity after two weeks, worse if you get a serious injury.

Also if you have 6-10 hours available a day you better find a job than getting ideas like this.

oh man I kek'd so hard

have a job and go to college i just don't sleep.

am legitimately considering doing the method in the picture still, sounds worth the trouble.
idea
a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action.
bad
of poor quality or a low standard.

the course of action would be halted as it is impossible, thus the course of action would be considered bad as it leads to a dead end. The impossibility doesn't negate the idea, it nullifies it's usefulness, thus in the english language, this would be considered a: 'bad idea'.
thank you, come back for tomorrow's lesson: How to talk to grills.

i went all in and went too far. I ended up getting full body doms and i was so sore i got a fever. Couldnt get out of bed for 2 days.

Just take it easy.

On a related note to OP, can i do Couch25k with only 1 rest day max between run days

Normal schedule is just MWF every week
I wanna do M W F Sun Tue Thu Sat (M W F...)
and so on

These seems like a way to just make faster progress

Damn famalam.

you can't spend 6-10 hours a day getting fit, you are not a professional athlete

you do not have the recovery ability (developed through years of training) to handle that, and you most likely don't have the genetics to ever have that recovery ability

DOMS doesn't make you unable to lift though.
You can (and should) lift through DOMS.

> anyone ever gone from eating 3 tubs of ice cream a day to spending 6-10 hours a day getting Veeky Forums? Is it even a good idea?
Your muscles and bones need time to adapt to the extra stress. You don't want to go to snapcity. So yes take it slow.

you'll be injured before you can say "Starting Strength"

As others say, you will injure yourself if you do not rest.

But also, you will burn out fast. Many people start a new hobby / lifestyle change and go all out, as much as they can. And a month later, they are burnt up and quit.
Fitness starts out as a hobby, but for the successful it turns into a habit. Its just a thing you do. Going out running on a rest day, lifting 3-4 days a week and counting macros. It becomes a part of your daily life.

I did.

For some reason one day I had an epiphany after completely losing my breath walking up the stairs to my home (living in a goddamn first floor).

In the next 24 hours I visited Veeky Forums for the first time, read the sticky, started counting calories and changed my fatty ways forever until today. All that was 8 years ago.

At first I just started running but I picked up weights after a few months of weight loss.