Studentfag here - i don't have money to buy food for next few weeks and have to live solely on carbs...

studentfag here - i don't have money to buy food for next few weeks and have to live solely on carbs. I'm on a cut as well.

what will be the consequences on my body assuming i lift 4x week+calorie deficit? i'd be getting around 20g protein per day.

take a $100 loan or something. if you dont get any protein it's pointless to exercise. 20g isnt even enough to maintain muscle, it'll break down and you'll lose more muscle than fat regardless of your calories or exercise

how much muscle would i lose with 3 weeks of low protein?

literally impossible for me to know over the internet

it's ok lad your body can convert fat and carbs into protein

essential amino acids are only found in consumed protein sources

Forget about cutting for a week and feast on peanuts

Lmao you don't have a single friend that will lend you like $100 for food hahahahaha what the fuck

i could ask family or friends but i don't want to, same for using a credit card. just wondering how big consequences this would have on muscle loss

Sorry for being off topic but where on earth do you live where you can't afford at least decent food? I'm European and for me a situation like this would be alien

not op but I'm european and if my mummy didn't give me money on top of my student bux I could never afford decent food. chicken is over 15€/kg here. studentbux + student loan barely cover the rent

maybe he lives in Eastern Europe

anyway, don't exercise too hard, you'll lose some muscle, but I'm fairly sure you'll be able to recover it in a month of eating and exercising properly

round up every penny you have and buy things like lentils

>what is pasta, bread and canned foods?
Living on a budget in Europe (even wealthy north/west) is easy if you actually put in some effort. Like; instead of wasting your money away on chicken breast, buy thighs/wings or minced chicken meat

those are all just carbs and the other parts of the chicken are nearly as expensive

Mate I don't know with you, but 1.1 kg of chicken breast in Norway cost around 115 nok at the cheapest, meanwhile minced chicken meat goes for 18.90 for 500 grams. Whole roasted chicken is also like 60 nok

Can't you get some money and buy whey? It sucks to get all your protein from shakes but it's better than losing your gains

minced chicken is 8€/kg in finland

also I wouldn't consider it decent food because it's literally the worst parts of a chicken but that's a personal preference

correct

but whey is really expensive to buy locally, and if i order from internet, there will be shipping rates etc to my country

where do you live? maybe I could wire you a few bucks

As you said, a personal preference. However meat is meat, and much depends how you cook it

man i appreciate the offer, but i'm really just curious about the estimated muscle loss on some weeks of protein deficiency

This guy is right. Surely there are some low cost items you can buy? Peanuts oats and canned tuna come to mind. Borrow like 15 bucks and you can get a weeks worth of protein. You might wanna buy a few tubs of whey if you run into situations like this regularly.