Veeky Forums, how many grams of protein do you get a day?

Well?
I aim for 130g a day.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=how much protien in 200g chicken breast
letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=how much protien in 200g chicken breast
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1.7 per kilo is the cut off point
If anyone tells you otherwise he's a jew trying to steal your shekels

around 200
150 would probably be enough but I'd rather get too much than too little. it's not like I bother counting exact figures anyway, they're just estimates

1g per lb

>I'd rather get too much than too little

this

and no, a bit more than necessary won't ruin your kidneys

Don't listen to any of these supplement shills, I've always aimed for around 120g and I'm 95kg with more muscle than most people I know, and definitely bigger than any cuck I see chugging whey.

i am 150lbs lean body mass and eat 125-175 a day, go for around 1g of protein per LEAN pound of bodymass and ur good.

about three fiddy

three hunnid

150, I weigh about 182 lbs at perhaps 17 or 18% bodyfat.

>supplement shills
>getting your protein from supplements
how new are you? I est 200g and I don't even buy whey

Could you share your diet?

I'm 75kg (165 lbs), I eat roughly 230g protein in 3100 cals. Is that too much protein?

I go for 0.9g per lbs
Bw is 78kg, so approx 155g

What is that weird meat in front of the shrimp and the salmon?

Yes. Stop wasting food/your money if you're purposely eating that much protein.

sperm... lots of sperm and peanutbutter.

100-150 g. I'm 155 lbs 5'10

liver

no such thing as too much protein

I am currently on a protein only diet, this is my yesterdays mfp, and that's usually what I eat, sometimes I swap the salmon in the morning to shrimps and eggs, or the dinner for beef products

double your protoin intake and you double your gainz

not enough

you're 50kgs?
90kgs 185cm an average of 240-280g of protein per day

130 or so, too

Why so much protein if you're not that big?

You probably don't even need that much protein as long as you drink enough water and eat vegetables.

Maybe 85/84 kg and 188g. I wanna cut. Is too much?

Id go for 1000gr a day brah just to be sure

Is it pointless to eat to much protein? I weigh 96kg.

Im eating at 3000kcal maintenance, consume between 200-260g protein per day i find it hard to hit an exact number and i dont feel like just eating carbs on their own.

Dietetic student here
The official answer:
>58g for normies or 0.8g/kg
>1g/kg during adolescence
>1.2g/kg for geriatric or times of injury recovery

As far as for bodybuilders, just eat 1.2g/kg or more
I'd go as far as to recommend eating even more for cutting or very serious lifters or athletes
Although however big you are, you probably don't need more than 150g max
I asked multiple professors in uni about the "30g max absorption at one time" myth and one of them said that's generally true, while the other reached out to her professional friends who told here anywhere from 25-45g PRO is absorbed max from one meal. Therefore, don't drink a 90g shake, but break it up just in case.

I've stopped counting calories and macros a month ago and just started eating as much as I like but still try to eat slightly more than I usually would, just so I can keep on bulking. I've gained around 1kg per week and have made consistent gains in the gym. I really don't focus on a number of grams of protein, I just try to eat 2-3 servings per meal and I eat 2 full meals a day.

>r
>e
>a
>d

>t
>h
>e

>s
>t
>i
>c
>k
>y

Minimum 100g a day. Aim for 150-170. Max is 230 typically.

A gram a pound of weight is probably too much, but that's what I go with on a bulk.

On cuts where every calorie counts I usually do 0.75 a pound, but try to go over if possible.

>implying the sticky doesn't have a shit-ton of wrong information, due to wanting to simplify things the most as possible for absolute beginners

how long until my body aborbs protein from one meal until I can get it to absorb protein from another meal?

Don't proteins take forever to metabolize? Shit.

i try to eat at least 150g everyday

>implying it doesn't answer the question in this thread (??)

Literally nothing wrong with whey protein. It has a high absorption efficiency and is cheap.

I use it because i'm a semi-poorfag. Mix a scoop into my oats for breakfast and have a scoop with skimmed milk with my lunch.

It gives the simplest answer, not the best one.

Looks like chicken liver to me user

IDK after taking biochemistry and macronutrient metabolism I can tell you that it's a really complicated question. Off the top of my head I'd estimate several hours in-between 30-40g pro meals will most likely be fine. It's more to address the guys who drink all their protein in one shake really. I'd advocate eating 30g at every meal, assuming you eat 3 meals then your already at adequate intake, then just throw a 30-45g shake in there somewhere and your golden. Don't take it too seriously but it's interesting to know at the very least. Macronutrient transit time and digestion/absorption is very hard to actually measure without ingestion of radioactive isotopes that are tracked through the body with high tech machinery. Just spread out the protein a bit and you'll be fine, which in addition will help the stress on your kidneys. When you eat too much, some is excreted in your urine. The kidneys act like a high pressure filter that water and solutes are squeezed through, where large molecules like proteins can become trapped in the filter and build up/increase pressure, causing kidney damage over time with not enough solvent (water/fluid). In addition, increased presence of protein in the kidneys and liver has been linked to increased calcium leeching from bones (osteoporosis perhaps in small women) which causes calcium buildup in the kidneys, leading to kidney stones.

>student
Alright, post dismissed

I've done the OMAD meme and basically consume all my days 200g of protein in one hour block and I've been doing perfectly fine...

Fair enough. Just a word of warning though regarding dieticians; besides a bachelor's, all they need is a 9-12month internship (less than half needs to be clinical experience) and sit for am exam and pass. Meaning that senior dietetic students have most of the knowledge of registered dieticians.

Almost all the info a doctor ever receives is acquired in medical school, the most recent the graduate, the more up-to-date and accurate his knowledge is going to be. Sure he could read medical journals, but those are usually only read by rookie doctors, once you're in the field for a while you get overworked and lazy.

Experienced doctors know more practical technique, but medical students probably know better info than a 30 year veteran.

This user gets it.

Just aim for 1g per lb.

Only people that argue less are vegan DYELs

seventeen thirty-eight

I consume about 120-200g, not counting shakes.

I'm 200lbs, on a cut.

ask your kidneys

>having shit kidneys

Welp

under 100 usually. probably 80.

5 scoops

Minimum 70g

Thanks for sharing this information man. This stuff is very interesting and confirms what I had been taught by my old gym buddy.

I think what is saying is that, yes you might be fine, but you simply will not absorb all that protein.

how much protien in 200g chicken breast

google.com/search?q=how much protien in 200g chicken breast

is that sad panda or angry panda
sorry user cant think
consume at 1700 hour only
200g chicken breast and 1 spoon coconut oil
carb
carb
carb

i miss them

100g of protein from animal sources, 68-70kg body weight at 5'7 / 170cm

more than that doesn't do anything for me. maybe I could go even lower but I enjoy eating protein and 100g is cheap enough

I aim for 140, sometimes it'll much be more sometimes a little less. I'm 175cm and 80kg.

I drink 2 shakes a day one at breakfast and one before bed.

RIP your heart with all that sodium

letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=how much protien in 200g chicken breast

no panda gif for me?
okay
so i gotta eat 400g chicken breat for 120g protein
too much
PSMF will broke

What shit site are you using that says that chicken schnitzel would give you so much protein?

150 grams x five of lean chicken breasts

I heard you should do 1gram/target weight. Is this correct?

Per pound obviously.

I can't drink most protein shakes. Give me horrible stomach cramps. Is there a better brand or am I stuck with tuna and chicken?
Tried optimum nutrition and isopure

I do cardio it's ok

>protein only diet
>20g of protein, 300g of carbs, 120g of fat
wat
also did you really eat five fucking schnitzel in a single meal? you gluttonous fuck

eat real food. shakes are only meant for on-the-go when you can't cook like in the locker room right after a workout

what are you talking about

Or to supplement your present intake if you can't switch your diet to something healthier, like if you're at Uni, or can only have so much chicken in a day.

>I can't drink most protein shakes. Give me horrible stomach cramps. Is there a better brand or am I stuck with tuna and chicken?

you can replace whey with dairy products for protein shakes.
>500ml milk
>250g pack of quark (pic related)
>1 banana (or some other fruit if you like) for flavor

that's 30g of protein from the quark plus ~15g of protein from the milk, for a total of ~45g of protein per shake.

if you can't get quark you can probably use some kind of yogurt or cream cheese as a substitute.

not enough, apparently

my toothpaste has more protein than that

What the fuck are you eating, user? Have you tried bars if you hate the taste of shakes? More calories, but they could be right for you.
Also
E A T F U C K I N G C H I C K E N

>after taking biochemistry and macronutrient metabolism
ask for your money back

there is something wrong and that is that its highly processed and lacks other nutrients

plus the protein might be spiked and you might not be even eating the amout of protien you think you are