What was Veeky Forums like before the Reddit invasion?

What was Veeky Forums like before the Reddit invasion?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/indiaayara/media?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How before?
Shortly before? It was empty as all fuck. Threads stayed up for 5 days on average
One year before? Eh. Kinda same as it was now, except with less /pol/. I like to think that most people on Veeky Forums just switched to /pol/ for a few months and back. But of course we still have a new wave of people who have only been working out for 3 months trying to give advice. Same as every year
Golden era of both misc and fit was 2011. I was only a casual lurker back then, but boy was it great.

hey be glad those people do it so you don't have to bother typing up obvious answers to the same three questions every day

dayum who dat

I cant lose weight what do

>2011
>pre-reddit invasion
The invasion started in 2007 and finished in ca. 2009 you plebbit newshitter cuck

twitter.com/indiaayara/media?lang=en

I... I don't understand.

She cams and prostitutes

those legs....
oh how i would worship her.

her name seems to be India Ayara

>twitter.com/indiaayara/media?lang=en

Constant Zyzz threads and people yelling "squats & oatz"

So nothing worth missing.

Full of camwhores but also very supportive and informative. Also it was full of people who had a normal life and knew some stuff and not full of teenagers and adults who whine all the time and have nothing to do with Veeky Forums

Pretty much this,

A good example is the current state that Misc is in. Misc used to be awesome, then it got heavily moderated and became a circle jerk for the high reppers.

You think reddit here is bad? Try going on /pol/. It's just /int/ with constant r/the_drumpf worship.

Veeky Forums got me into lifting at that time. So the constant Zyzz and SHYGDDT and squatz N oatz is nostalgic to me.

>tfw you'll never be a spanish conquistador exploring new lands and impregnating native qt's

Much gayer. But also way better. 011 - 012 was best though.

There were daily threads about a gay youtuber named Scooby and people posted Zyzz and Rippetoe at all times.

Nowadays it's all sips and brapps.

We're at that event horizon where all the reddit cancer think that they aren't reddit cancer.
They've successfully destroyed the site and memed themselves into thinking that they aren't the problem.

>4channers still implying "reddit/summer invasions" make this place worse

Veeky Forums is always the same shit you idiots

This was a few months ago.

>tfw no savage gf

>tfw you will never shoot her in the butt with a poison blow dart made from purple tree frogs and watch her eyes go crossed as she falls to the forest floor with a huge thud and ass jiggle

I don't get it, you mean Veeky Forums is shit because of german shepards and traps/trannies fetishists?

WAY WAY less frog/feel posters,faggots who need to post insta hoes to get attention on their stupid threads,insecure fucks who believe in the concept of "Chad" and less underage overall.
Also,being politically correct was a joke here,proof that Veeky Forums as a whole has gone to absolute fucking trash (actually,not memeing) during the election.Plenty of helpful tripfags with a personality who didn't try to bring everyone down just to get some sort of e-fame and we were a factory of qood memes.
t. been here since Zyzz was posting.I only come here when bored out of my mind

Less autistic obsession with fat hate, muh genetics, muh F/H/F, and overall less /r9k/ vibe going on. SS + GOMAD was the lurk moar response to newfags.

Less r9k whining

More autism tho

jej

Really really gay. More original topics.

IMO fit took a hit in 2014, but its still more or less the same quality wise now.

reddit didnt become popular until 2011, especially recently its been increasingly popular

>011 - 012
007-008 a best

No fap and bulk

The reign of supermang and shortly after was the last decent era

As annoying as they were I'd take Supermang, SeattleMasterRace, and Cute Tomato over all the reddit dipshits we have now

This guy remembers. Veeky Forums is ridiculously predictable now. I still browse, but the originality is a lot rarer.

The banning of /r/fatpeoplehate made them come here

Scooby and Zyzz used to post here.

Zyzz was annoying sometimes though.

>that pic
Hot, also if a hot girl would ask me to stay for night i'd would. I'd be creeped out by the dude tough like just let me rape her in peace.

Tomato and Seattle were absolute cancer. Supermang you could at least fuck with and laugh at his roid rage reactions, but Tomato and Seattle weren't even Veeky Forums related in the slightest, or fun to interact with in any way. They lurked the board and only commented on off topic shit, and ONLY when it meant being able to derail entire threads with their inane /pol/ tier shitposting. I don't think I ever once saw them posting a thread or comment that was even marginally related to fitness. It was just a constant stream of r/redpill and /pol/ ramblings, usually in response to very casual, ironic, or obviously bait comments that other people made.

> those tattoos
> india
You don't say

> Zyzz dies and continues to rise in popularity, inspiring more and more people to lift
> joff sids continues to be an irrelevant self absorbed nobody the longer he lives

You heard and seent it here first, folks. Joff is officially cancer

You guys remember that fat fucker that tried to do "365 days of Fit", a couple of years back? Did he died?

>Golden era of both misc and fit was 2011.
Hahaha no.

gay. now its faggoty

I wish we could erase Isley from history but keep supermong. Like Garfield without Garfield.

Goody bye

TruCrypt
Ginger Mod
TinyTrip

Does anyone have a link to the video of scooby reading out loud a /v/ letter/poem sent to him? I can't find it anywhere.

Pretty gay.

Literally couldn't scroll through a page without at least one picture of a dick.

Still fun and FPS threads were mostly OC before they devolved into FPH threads.

We had a lot more tripfags like Supermong and Sparrow post here, also a lot less /r9k/ shit.

If you weren't here when Zyzz, Tiny, and Tomato were posting then you were here when it was shit.

Also, tfw no
A V E R A G E
V
E
R
A
G
E
Korean qt3.14 gf

>Golden era of both misc and fit was 2011

wtf i like jungle afro brazil cosplay women now?

I've been shitposting here on and off since 2011. The gay shit comes in waves, but I feel like the board didn't really change that much. The biggest difference i'd say is that Veeky Forums became more open to non-powerlifting forms of training. Back then I was just starting to learn about training, and people would just repeatedly yell "OATZ AND SQUATZ" and "DO GOMAD".

Myfitdiary?

I love how no one gave a shit about that guys blog

There are thousands of people here who've lost weight without needing a tripcode

Zyzz wasn't a trip fag was he?

Yeah he was but got banned. Had a cute ass tho

post more thic Inca bitches

>2011 golden era

Been here for a sad 9 years off and on and 2011 was when it turned to mostly shit. As far as I can tell it remains shit.

It was like a old lickaroo

Less roids and more feels. Also, much more information that was useful and actual conversation.
Also Peg once did an AMA. That was cool.

Inb4 Aussie wog lovers

I didn't dislike the guy but the aesthetics crew did not improve the quality of anything anywhere they posted.

Quality was best in 2012 or 2013 just before there was a consistentish archive running. My fond memories of online fitness shit also predates Veeky Forums even existing, people shoutinf Ronnie Coleman shit was comfy af.

Veeky Forums before Zyzz, and even in the earliest days of the "aesthetics" movement, was actually a very nice place. We had fun memes, people were supportive, and the board had a very cozy feeling, like it was our own little unique corner of Veeky Forums. It was a golden era.

Then it became very toxic.

>trucrypt actually posting here

What was he thinking. I wonder if his ass looks any better no homo