The only one doing a strength routine

Over the past 5 years I've been on and off gyms and I have never seen a single person doing a strength routine (SS,SL,5/3/1). Now that I got serious about it I'm the only one doing it. Pretty common to be asked by instructors what kind of training I'm doing. When I say it, they scratch their head as If they never heard about it.

Shit, most of the time I don't even see people doing DLs or low bar squat. Why is that?

The reason I'm asking it is because my gf also started working out (in a different gym) and I told her to do SS and the instructors there said that she shouldn't do it, then they came up with a 3 day split that had a 12-20 rep range. Is that good for someone who never lifted before?

>let the instructor dominate my gf

cuck

SS and other strength focused routines are the best ways to get strong fast. For someone not focused on getting strong fast and lifting more for looks (probably most people), doing rep ranges for hypertrophy is more appealing.

I get that. But isn't becoming strong fast also the best way to increase mass thus getting aesthetic faster?

No because you can just never train your muscles to be efficient through strength training and as a result you can stress them with lower weight.

The instructor lifted his shirt and showed her his abs then asked her "who's advice are you going to listen to?"

I've seen scrawny and fat newbs doing Stronglifts/ss/insert 3x-a-week-full-body-strength-program but I've literally never met someone who looks halfway decent who ever did one of those at any point in their lifting career.

It's not the lack of a split, it's the low volume of 3x5 not providing enough time-under-tension for hypertrophy. The SS/SL crowd cultishly sticks to only increasing the weight. You can take SL, and modify it so you progress from 5x5 to 5x6 to 4x9 to 3x12 to 4x10, all before increasing the weight and end up with better progress so long as you also slow the reps down and stop trying to pretend to be a powerlifter. Also throw in lateral raises, curls, french press, shrugs for like 3x12. Then mix in some cardio either at the end of lifting, on non-lifting days, or both.

Can still work fullbody 3x a week and get good results.

But the internet-popular 3x full-body memeprograms dogma tells them not to do it, so they don't do it.

i second this

>The SS will not give any hypertrophy meme
>Ther SS will make you fat meme

No, eat at a 200kcal surplus and lift with accessories like the book says. Fuck.

Shit advice
Memes aside, seriously kys if you even consider doing some retarded shit like this

Is "not enough volume" the latest hot meme?

Its all I keep hearing recently for why the only valid routine is one that contains 4 kinds of curl

She should do a modified version of SS
Fuck Rippletits he will get you fat-strong.

Tell her to do the program but add a complimentary accessory volume sets after the strength set.
Example
>Squats 3x5
>Accessory of her liking (ie Leg Extension 4x8+)

Adding these complimentary lifts should keep the routine fun and exciting plus the accessories are her liking. Shouldnt even take that long, her sessions will still be under 1:30 or 1hour if shes a total beginner. No reason a girl should bulk the way Veeky Forums does.Just tell her to eat 1 more meal than usual and that should be her 300+ surplus.

And why the fuck arent you working out with her or at least go once in a while to check her form or stuff. Cuck af OP

women can't increase fast their muscle mass, even if they are in massive caloric surplus.
womens 10rm and 1rm are not far apart, because of female cns activation.
which means that women get the same strength gains on hypertrophy cycles, that they would get from strength cycles

forgot that they have a harder time to increase weights. 100lbs bench is for a women very impressive, after 1-2years.

Apart from Arnold, who done a 5x5 routine.

Only retards think that doing high weight at small reps is "good enough." You can't even get out of breath at 5x5. It's literally designed for fatties.

arnold never did 5x5, he trained everyday for hours.
used bodysplits and lots of volume. 6x10 bench

It's not fucking rocket science fuck off plebbit. You are not going to become aesthetic or massive with any beginner program. Just pick one, do it, eat enough to suit your needs and exhaust your linear gains.

I will say that SS>SL since you just want to finish novice period as fast as possible.

Read SS
Do SS
Add Chins/Dips

If you are an average male/female and do a beginner program successfully, you will gain a large amount of strength and this time period should only be a few months if done correctly.

The problem is that people do not fucking try hard enough, do everything right and run the program for like 5/6 months. No shit it won't work.

Nice bait retard

If you don't get out of breath with a heavy 5x5, you might aswell just tell me you're a DYEL.