Can somebody help me explaining how do i unrack the barbell on bench press (using a power cage) when the weight is too...

can somebody help me explaining how do i unrack the barbell on bench press (using a power cage) when the weight is too heavy?

i dont have a spotter and the rack's Jhooks (pic related) are too thick and deep to lift the bar off easily. If I place the bench too much in I hit the jhooks at every rep.

somebody say to lift the butt up to unrack the bar, can somebody explain?

assume i dont have people around who can help with lift off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5ieq8JdnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can you heighten your bench by an inch? Being closer to the bar should give you a little more power to unrack it

why are you trying to bench something you can't unrack? snap city.

This. There's a good chance that if you can't lift it a few inches, you can't lift it the foot or so you need to press it proper.

oh jesus christ are you a fuckin lizard? if you're barbell is hitting the spotters you move the bench forward until you can do a regular rep without hitting them.

even my turtle moves when he hits something. goddamn this is why people think muscular people are stupid.

But your leverage is different when it's racked vs. when you're pressing, and safety rails make spotters unnecessary. For 1-2 reps, getting the bar off the rack is a legitimate problem.

Then lower the pins or raise the bench. You'll look like a nonce if you ask to be spotted on your unrack.

I cant heighten the bench.
I can move the jhooks up or down, but i've set them already low, at like half of the ROM itself.
basically to push the bar out i have to do almost a pin bench press.

if i move the bench out relative to the jhooks, the shoulders are in such a disadvantageous position that i cant get the bar out of the jhooks.
if i stay too in, and i can get it out (with lots of energy wastage), i hit the hooks during the rep because they hover my chest.

>why are you trying to bench something you can't unrack?
because i can bench the weight but the damn hooks are too deep to unrack the bar.

anyone has tried lifting their butt to unrack the bar?

Ok user but be safe remember nobody cares about how much you are lifting nearly as much as you think they do.

Put a sheet or two of plywood under your bench.

What would this achieve ?

The additional 3/4" op requires to unrack the weight properly

don't.

>anyone has tried lifting their butt to unrack the bar?
this is what i do and i'd recommend it. a lift-off would be better, but it's better than nothing

should add: for me, the j-hooks are close to being at the lockout height. you really want to be able to (horizontally) 'pull' the weight out from the j-hooks

Lower the Jhooks you retarded ass faggot.

see also 6:18 in this

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5ieq8JdnQ

tried this. the bar won't slide up the incline part of the hook that you see in OP's pic.

>this is what i do and i'd recommend it.
can you explain how to do it? is there any video that shows properly?
you do the same thing as this?

> tfw its the retarded bait topic of the day
In
[SPOT FOR SALE PM ME]

>bench press (using a power cage)

>bench press
>using a power cage

what tHE FUCK

it is the same thing as that. (i'm the poster of all 3 comments you replied to.)

when i talk about 'pulling' the bar, obviously you've still got to push the bar up enough to clear the lip. if you look closely, you can see Brian Alsruhe do just that in the video

his jhooks are so flat. the lip is paper thin.
the op's pic jhooks are thick and deep.

anyway i'll try doing like in the video!

>that guy who deadlifts in the squat rack

This

Weaklings detected

>the guy who squats in the curl rack