According to Hiro we're allowed one meta thread per board

According to Hiro we're allowed one meta thread per board.

How do we fix the Reddit problem on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKH6PAoUuD0
ss.fitness
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41150878/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This boards fucking dead anyways. What does it matter were the shitposters are from?

more like how do we fix the misc problem on Veeky Forums. Seems like more and more of the cunts are coming here and shitting this place up

You are the cancer killing this board, redditor.

fuck off cunt I ain't no redditor

>damage control

Same as what should to be done to fatties and non-whites: shame and bully them until they assimilate or fuck off. If you see a suspected redditfag, point them out and tell them to go back. If they are not mocked for their leftism and spacing then you are allowing them to infect us and contributing to the reddit problem.

Dox every fitizen and send nuke at their place. Lets have a fresh start.

scare them off with racism

Reddit spacing?

Yeah.

>Fucking Reddit spacing.

There's a dude ranting in another thread about "this" and "underrated post". I think that Veeky Forums would be a lot better if the admins threw that into the spam filter like "back to r.eddit". Any post that consists of only "this" or "underrated post" should be filtered as spam.

reddit pls go and stay go.

this

Reddit spacing is a myth

Retards on the chans just 'call people out' on it because they disagree with them

People are more friendly on /r/cuckold jfc.

run at me cunt. i dare ya

/pol/ is way more of a problem. Anons have been complaining about reddit for years, truth is the place has not changed that much. /pol/ truly shits the place up, see the current state of /tv/ as an example

underrated post

You, i like you.

Maybe just remind them that using "This" is gay. If they wanted this place to be like plebbit they would've never left.

Stop pretending to be an Australian on this Mongolian carpet weaving website.
Reddit spacing is not a myth. It’s a
very real way to spot a Redditor.
>t. Redditor
/pol/ is what we use to keep fags like you away.

The use of "This" is a misc thing, not a reddit thing

Really I think the r9k posters are shitting this board up
I used to come to /fit for the squats and oats meme but the Chad posting and why are women shit are giving me a depressive vibe

They need to add a mental health general to the sticky

>I'm 14 and want to look cool on the Internet. I know, I'll call them a redditor

Yeah but there has always been that on here. There is a bit more recently though it's agree.

I've been away for about 6 months, coming back there are way more of the thinly veiled /pol/ threads, the sort of which you used to see on /tv/ (before they stopped hiding it). I think it is harder going for /pol/ here, mainly cos of how gay this place is, but they're clearly trying.

there was a massive influx of redditors into pol during the election, now they've slowly filtered out and found interests in other boards
I want the to fucking leave. I don't give a shit about pol but here they are truly cancer.

Only Redditors care so much when people are called out for the Redditors they really are. Everything good about Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums in general, comes from being so different to them. First it’s ‘maybe we should ban the word “nigger”’, then it’s ‘maybe we shouldn’t have fat hate threads anymore’, then it’s ‘weight lifting is ableist and fascist’. If you give them an inch, they’ll take a mile.

Fuark haven't seen that in a while. Really chapped my ass there, George.

we introduce a rule where we can report and ban people for being too reddit

Incorrect srs

be as hateful and contrarian as possible at all times like you're supposed to be while also being correct. otherwise you're just a faggot.

this

Reddit spacing is the same as Veeky Forums spacing, you have to double enter.

>inb4 shut up redditor hur hur

Just end yourself.

It's because Veeky Forums is one of the four gateway boards to Veeky Forums. Redditors flock to Veeky Forums and have no clue how to be a part of the board culture because they're fucking retarded and don't take the time to lurk. It's been like this for the past four years at least. They don't have their joke or sarcasm indicators so they take everything 100% seriously. Even if they do understand that it's a joke, the only thing they'll contribute is a "This." or an "Underrated post." because they can't click their upvote button but need the world to know about their opinion.

To top it off everyone is incredibly self-righteous and arrogant because they read the sticky and all of the sudden have a lot more knowledge than they did before. They think it's the end all, be all of fitness knowledge and so they try to preach and instruct others when, in fact, they know the barest minimum and should shut the fuck up. The most outspoken posters happen to be the ones that have the most shallow knowledge about the subject. Veeky Forums has always been hot garbage, but at least it used to have its moments. Nu-Veeky Forums is just bullshit and circlejerking 100% of the time.

This, but seriously.

the other 3 boards being?
/mu/ /v/ and /pol/ ?

So what? Veeky Forums, /tv/, /b/, and /pol/?

it's a chan-wide problem

Over at /pol/, we've been drowned by redditors. They've almost entirely hijacked the board. Even /out/ is suffering from an oddly new group of newfags which are more obnoxious than the /k/ommandos that normally come in to shit up our threads

>the only thing they'll contribute is a "This."

Nah, that's miscers

Permanently ban all anime

How will that help the reddit problem?

Range ban all mobile phone IPs.

top kek
this is exactly it
They've been on my board for like a year, and now when we tell them to fuck off they claim that we're some kind of targeted raid against "/pol/acks" (despite the fact they're not even /pol/acks)

All that said, redditors are much harder to spot on Veeky Forums than on /pol/.

It doesn't. I just really hate anime

They’re only harder to spot on meme threads. You never see Reddit-like shit clogging up /cbt/ or /plg/.

when they call themselves
>/pol/acks
>Veeky Forumsizens
>/v/irgins

True cringe right there.

>active moderation
>never give newfags any answers or attention beyond the two simple words "lurk moar"
>mootwo floods all boards with gore for 24 hours to scare away newfags

seriously though, what happened to th3 'ch0n?

/r9k/ is ruining this board

the fuck is up with this paranoia that muh boogeyman left is going to take your internet rights away. everything good about Veeky Forums comes from the loads of original content that it somehow spawns, loads being relative to everyone else since the oc production has dropped a loooot over the years, thanks to the way the website works. and just to educate your dumbass, before r/fatpeoplehate shut down Veeky Forums had fps, fat people stories, not fph, fat people hate. your wondrous fat people hate threads are from reddit. and moot filtered out nigger for a while too along with faggot and cunt and what not. if you're going to pretend like you've been on Veeky Forums this entire time at least do it right. cunt.

Spoonfeeding newfags is now a bannable offense.

if you want to see pure cringe, you should see them referring to themselves as "Centipedes" on /pol/. It's in reference to some meme video compilation series of Donald Trump on Youtube.
Normie tier shit clogging up our boards

the last two options are great.
As for the first one, we all know they'll never actively moderate it

Veeky Forums needs to learn to self moderate like Veeky Forums does. Retards are called out and then ignored. Non-board culture meme threads usually fall off of page 10 with a max of 3 replies. People can actually comprehend sarcasm and "funposting" so threads are actually enjoyable instead of boring "look how smart I am" competitions.

>centipedes
Explain this.

Unfortunately there are hardly any, if any at all, people left on Veeky Forums that actually know what they're talking about. 90% of Veeky Forums is /pol/ gypsies and robots. Honestly, the quality of the entire website went down when /pol/ really hit it's stride. "Redpill me on how to lose weight. Why don't you have a qt Aryan gf etc." Before someone accuses me of being a Jew or SJW, or whoever the boogeyman of the week is, my issue with /pol/ isn't their political views, it's the low effort content they put forth. Also, the buzzwords they constantly spew are played out and predictable.

Move /pol/ to a different domain and put it behind a paywall. Been trying to figure out how to make this little yotsuba imageboard profitable? It must be your rucky day. Don't thank me, just make the check out to cash. Namaste.

>Explain this.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKH6PAoUuD0

Watch the first 50 seconds. This is where they get it from.
From my understanding, the sound-bite comes from BBC-esque documentary on insects. For some reason, this "You Can't Stump The Trump" video series uses it as the intro to all their videos. As such all the redditors, who have migrated from r/The_Donald use it as some kind of name for themselves.

>make it profitable
If Veeky Forums pass users were allowed to shitpost to their heart's content I'd buy the fuck out of one. Complete ban immunity with the exception of illegal content and NSFW on blue boards.

Jesus Christ that's beyond retarded. Maximum autism.

Just be experienced enough to ask for advice in /plg/. Otherwise just read the sticky, noob questions are all answered there.

Fuck off retard.

/pol/ is is 4chans reddit recruiting ground. Edgy redditors come to /pol/ fuck that place up and invariably end up here or /r9k/. Also, kys, nigger.
>t. /pol/

This

Sorry for giving good advice, I'll go back to shitposting.

What's with the phone poster meme? To not further exacerbate my forward head posture, I like to lurk the last hours of the day on the couch or in bed with Clover. Never seemed to be a problem in the past and dedicated apps exist now for years (Mimi, Chanu, Overchan, etc)

people need to stop asking /adv/ questions and ask Veeky Forums related ones.

We used to be able to ask questions to people that helped write the sticky.

Brodolf, I can't go back there anymore. Nothings funny, no infograph threads, so many people calling others retarded for simply questioning the holohoax, the whole Trump cult of personaility thing that r/The_Donald imported along with themselves is pure cancer. I just stay here and occasionally go on Veeky Forums.

>Veeky Forums
Is true?

This is an anime imageboard, without anime none of the chans would exist

Veeky Forums likes to act very elitist. They'll call anyone retarded. I suppose they take their shit a bit more seriously because cooking is a craft and unlike Veeky Forums, people aren't doing it for self improve or for self-esteem reasons so it doesn't attract /r9k/ tier threads, but it's not unlike other slower chan boards. Lot's of shitposts, some gems and everyone's a know it all asshole.

The sticky is shit and riddled with problems

I want ss.fitness to be linked in the sticky at the top. Most questions people ask are answered there.

>To top it off everyone is incredibly self-righteous and arrogant because they read the sticky and all of the sudden have a lot more knowledge than they did before. They think it's the end all, be all of fitness knowledge and so they try to preach and instruct others when, in fact, they know the barest minimum and should shut the fuck up. The most outspoken posters happen to be the ones that have the most shallow knowledge about the subject. Veeky Forums has always been hot garbage, but at least it used to have its moments. Nu-Veeky Forums is just bullshit and circlejerking 100% of the time.

yes absolutely this, people who've been lifting for 1-2 years tops have no business giving advice, blind leading the blind

Im public enemy number 1 here as I use reddit and /pol/

But I also put effort into my posts and research here and get shat on by idiots.

Example: desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41150878/

I think people need to support quality threads even when they are not useful to them, and need to report low quality threads with a single basic question.

QTDDTOT should also be stickied and be given 1000 post limit

Also people need to learn how to search Veeky Forums archives. e.g. Go to google and search "site: Veeky Forums.org/fit mirin"

>Upvoted

I don't like X.
If you think X should be allowed, you're probably from Y.
Fucking Y fags.

I would say
>/b/, cause they are the most infamous board and every edgy kid who wants to be like le anonymoose goes there. Also, in threads about how people found Veeky Forums there is always fair share of posters who say the started on /b/ and then started exploring different boards
>/pol/, cause it's other 'infamous' board which has been talked about on many media outlets lately. Whatever quality it once had has been ruined since the last presidential campaign. Influx of Trump supporting redditors made it completely unlurkable. Unfortunately it should be expected that once they are done destorying /pol/ they will start exploring and crashing other boards.
>/v/, cause vidya are extremely popular hobby, and lot of newfags that came here for /b/ or /pol/ are going there once they become bored with their motherboards. Plus, it got kinda famous during gamergate.

>Any post that consists of only "this" or "underrated post" should be filtered as spam.

I agree

I think that we should also give each post a vote system

You can vote on a post if you like it and thats good

But you can also vote on a post if you don't like it

If enough people "don't like" or don't vote a post it gets deleted

I like how you think!

Going on /pol/ isn't necessarily a problem, its just that most /pol/acks can't post on other boards without without shitting them up with /pol/ stuff.

Fucking cancerous newfags in this Thread.
This board isn't about hate or being cunts to eachother. Its about motivating yourself and the others to become the best version of a person they can. Its not about how big you and your mouth is, its about how big your heart is.
Thank you for reading my blog

Also I meant to add: I genuinely hate the 'redd1tspacing' meme.

It is easier to read text when there is space in between the lines. Why do you think literally every news website does double line spaces? It makes it so much more readable.

There are people who will write a reply saying ">redd1tspacing, go back to r3ddit" to a huge informative post with sources. Its so low effort and shit

Reddit spacing makes you look like a fucking retard. If you have problems reading 2-3 sentences of normal text you're literally brain damaged.

OP
Why do you create this nonsense in more than this board. I guess you have zero to contribute so a bitching thread is the only way for you to get a bump.

Have another one jackass

underrated post

Except the posts that contribute nothing like the ones that guy described are basically used as upvotes.

Fuck off with the QTDDTOT. Most of the questions asked in there are either answered in the sticky or a minute long google search. Your thread got shit on because it is just dietary advice that isn't necessary because people can figure out buying rice and chicken breasts and broccoli in bulk is better and easier than fucking around with spices and garlic. You're right about one thing though, people should be reporting non-fitness related threads and threads that are only fitness related because the OP seems to think that asking one shallow, googleable question will somehow make a feels thread or race-baiting thread relevant to fitness.
Most of the garbage that's on here is related to any kind of public exposure Veeky Forums gets or if some other 4chanesque site gets shutdown. I.e. /b/ being on the news a few times, gamergate for /v/, fathate subreddit getting shut down for Veeky Forums, the_donald and the election in general for /pol/. Other boards haven't been affected as much as these boards but you can definitely feel that Veeky Forums as a whole has shifted away from what it was and reflects the internet as a whole. /gif/ is much gayer, Veeky Forums is escapism, /d/ is shit up by people forcing their fetishes, /b/ is literal 14 year olds, /co/ is filled with apologists, /tv/ has no meaningful discussions unless it's about foreign films. Veeky Forums has the same few threads every day and people eventually out grow the discussion based threads after a few months of serious lifting. /pol/ shits on people with differing opinions. It's a reflection of the internet as a whole.

Veeky Forums has lost most of its culture since 2011.

>No more beta/cringe threads
Used to have a 24/7 stream of beta videos that was popular
>No more Veeky Forums autism stories
It's mainly just autism now, stories that in no way relate to fitness
>No true king or queen of the board
Last one I can remember was Adie and that was what, 2013?
>No more OC
Recycled jokes from last 4 years, all the same shit, even CBT aren't OC, you see the same 20 people who actually lift posting as if it's a /soc/ rate thread.

Your post has nothing to do with his post. Why are you shitposting?

Permanently ban you. In all seriousness the biggest sign of a redditor is their disgusting aversion to anime

>no true king
supermang will always be my king...i miss him

What's the point of making this post? Do you find it funny or clever? I asked a similar question in a different thread but didn't get an answer.

>moot filtered out nigger for a while too along with faggot and cunt
he did that to be funny you autistic candy-ass roody-poo

anyone who uses reddit is delusional by default

its also summer

it's quite ironic how the politics board is the biggest groupthink board too

>whining about /pol/
if you can't handle the memes then neck yourself plebbit cunt

meant this faggot

Dohoho watch out kids. We've got a dank meme king here!

Kill yourself

Exactly that's why I think we need a system to rank posts

It would clear up those two word posts in absolutely no time at ll!

And for example this post would be don't voted and hidden