Just got into ketosis

>just got into ketosis
>that ketogenic brain fog
>them cravings

can we have a keto discussion thread? just ate a lot of lean turkey breast to get my electrolytes up because i fasted for 3 days to get into ketosis

just ignore any weak willed anti-keto trolls

Just had 5 x egg whites and a handful of peanuts for breakfast.
FUN

>>that ketogenic brain fog
Shouldn't happen if you get all your electrolytes. Drink some broth.
>lean turkey breast
Why would you go lean when doing keto?

Most of the stuff in that pic isn't really optimal for keto though.

Reminder that keto is about eating primarily fat, and that too much protein takes your body out of ketosis.

>lean turkey
>not eating yolks

kys

>eating yolks
no u

Why wouldn't you eat them? They have all the stuff you want in keto.

Yolks are fats fucking retard

It's shit for lifting.

I did keto for a while, the low amount of carbs make you ill for a bit and make you perform worse at the gym.

Sure you get protein to build muscle but you don't have any energy to do cardio/lift.

Keto is mainly for fatasses who are lazy fucks and don't wanna exercise. It works to lose weight but they would lose weight faster by eating well and exercising.

Im sorry, please forgive.

>It works to lose weight but they would lose weight faster by eating well and exercising.
[doubt]

[kys]

Do you think keto is a magical diet that has fairies take your fat away in your sleep? As that user said if they ate any other diet with a similar deficit and worked out they would be doing even better.

>As that user said if they ate any other diet with a similar deficit and worked out they would be doing even better.
Nothing's stopping people from working out while in keto either, user.
It's pretty hilarious that you anti-keto fags have to add another factor so that your shit is even able to compete.

Meh keto is a generally bad diet that serves basically no function aside from treating a few diseases. Do you have epilepsy? No? Then keto is subpar.

>Meh keto is a generally bad diet
Why?

>assuming your in ketosis after 3 days

Anyways meme diet, too restricting unless you wanna lose some serious weight in the Shittest way possible.

Was on it for 3 months and i fucking hated life, Made switch to a balanced Diet and started enjoying myself again.

>i don't understand the science behind keto but i'll post about it anyway

fuck off

>anti-keto fags argue on the same level as christcucks

>Keto defence force out in full to defend meme diet on the internet.

>meme diet
Everything's a meme. You have to be retarded to complain about people defending keto in a thread about keto when the best """"argument"""" against it so far has been hat pictures.

>I have to maintain less than 20g carbs a day, ignoring many vegetables and fruit that have essential nutrients our body needs to keep healthy and replacing it with eggs, avocado and steak. But its all good because i take """""Vitamin tablets""""" and supplements. But i swear it works, check out the 5kg water weight i lost in 5 days! XD

>ignoring many vegetables and fruit that have essential nutrients our body needs to keep healthy
That implies that there's no other way to get said nutrients, which is wrong.
>But its all good because i take """""Vitamin tablets""""" and supplements.
Strawman.

What necessary nutrients can I not get while in keto, user?

You can go up to 50 g of cabs a day if you're physically active , enough to eat more than a kilos of green a day .

lmao kys

[Citation needed]

Why do you do this to yourself

Protien can be broken down into blood sugar

Sodium
Potassium
Magnesium
Vitamin D
Vitamin A
Calcium
Zinc
Folate
Riboflavin to name a few,

>-b-but it's ok user! The human body doesn't that to survive and stay healthy. Ill just take a pill and be fine.
>believing you can go up to 50g a day, If your gonna go keto stay around 20g.

>Sodium
Salt
>Potassium
Avocado, kale, spinach
>Magnesium
Avocado, spinach
>Vitamin D
Mushrooms, oily fish
>Vitamin A
Cheese, fish, liver
>Calcium
Cheese, sardines, dark leafy greens
>Zinc
Seafood, beef, lamb, spinach
>Folate
Spinach, asparagus, lettuce, avocado
>Riboflavin
Cheese, beef, lamb, oily fish, eggs

No amount of >m-meme a-a-arrows is going to cover your retardation, user.

No idea why that user picked A and D though, milk is fortified with D and dairy has decent amounts of A in general. Meat and dairy are low in some vitamins though and you have to eat vegetables, which are carbs, to not fuck yourself up. So why in gods name would you go for a diet that extremely limits the amount of those healthy foods?

lol kill yourself

>b-b-but vitamin gummies dont count!!!

the biggest mistake you can make is not eating enough fat

when you try to just eat proteans and not much fat because you think you'll just get fat from eating it, the body starts becoming more adept at using proteans for energy, so then it will start being very good at breaking down muscle for energy, which is obviously the opposite of what you want

better to gorge on fat for 2 weeks with almost no proeteans and carbs to build up a healthy reserve of mitochondria and lipid utilizing enzymes so you body starts getting really good at using fat for energy

they are starting to use ketogenic diets for people with alzheimer's

carbs are poison to your body and people should have the least amount of them in the body as they can handle

>and you have to eat vegetables, which are carbs
Not a problem as long as you stay below the daily amount that allows you to stay in ketosis. Go and tell me those vitamins that I can only get from vegetables that would throw me out of ketosis.

>So why in gods name would you go for a diet that extremely limits the amount of those healthy foods?
Because I want to and because I can.

I eat a block of cheese a day.
That's my dinner. It works. I like cheese.

>Because I want to and because I can.
Autism

I take it you couldn't find any vitamins that I can't get while staying in keto.

>vitamins

>he still can't name them
Pretty sad.

I said low, not devoid and that wasn't the point. The point is that it's a generally questionable diet. You might get all of the essential nutrients but there are thousands of other benefitial (phyto)nutrients (scaling linearly) that you are willingly not consuming just because you have to keep a very tight macro balance.

If it helps you fine but it's objectively not a great diet and if you do it wrong, like not focusing on healthy fats and eating veggies every day, you will get into huge problems over time.

>did keto once for just under 2 months
>felt pretty good up until the last 2 weeks
>tried it again a few months ago
>shit myself and felt worse after 2 days than I did after the original 2 months

Why dis?

You're a fat fucking retard

Hold up, you shit yourself?

Lack of fiber.

yes mam
My stomach was acting up and I wound up sharting a little bit
I quit it that fucking day and decided this shit was not gonna work out for me this time

>but there are thousands of other benefitial (phyto)nutrients (scaling linearly) that you are willingly not consuming just because you have to keep a very tight macro balance.
How likely is it that you're consuming them all, user? I'd say as likely as it is for me.
That is if you can even name any that I couldn't find in keto foods, which I doubt.

I'm 2 weeks into keto and have had no problems at all. 800-1000 calorie deficit is easy. Haters gonna hate.

that was probably it actually
but this time I plan to bulk up a bit before doing that shit again.
wanna get in the habit of exercising first this time

Keto brain fog? Eat spinach for magnesium and avocado for potassium. Also salt. That will clear it up and refill your electrolytes

How about you eat spinach, avocados, and salt from my bunghole?

There's a slit running down the middle of your mother's pelvis. See how far you can slide your tongue in there.

>brain fog
this is the most bullshit side affect ever
everything and his dog causes "brain fog"
fapping, going on nofap, protein powder, crack EVERYTHING

you have brain fag

God you're retarded. I am consuming many while your are consuming very few, that's the point. At least I eat at least 4 different fruits and a variety of vegetables per day. 30g carbs is very low and variety plays a huge role, you won't get far with those greens you are eating.

>I am consuming many while your are consuming very few, that's the point.
How would you know, user?
> At least I eat at least 4 different fruits and a variety of vegetables per day.
I eat vegetables too. What am I not getting from mine that you are getting from yours?
>you won't get far with those greens you are eating.
Pretty baseless claim considering that you don't even know what you're specifically talking about.

>muh greens

they're really not all that great. they're pretty empty nutritionally.

>I am consuming many while your are consuming very few

My penis may be small in size, but it's big in stench.

Anyone have any before/after keto pics?

12 days in myself, feels good