Is there a particular reason to buy eggs if I already get 200g of protein in less than 2000kcal from chicken...

Is there a particular reason to buy eggs if I already get 200g of protein in less than 2000kcal from chicken, cottage cheese and skyr?

Other urls found in this thread:

hammernutrition.com/knowledge/endurance-library/protein-debate-which-protein-is-best/
skyr.fi/Tuotteet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You need to have a wide variety of sources for protein. If you don't eat eggs you will miss out on egg protein and judging by the list of protein sources you are also deficient in whey protein, pea protein and many others. What I would suggest is that you cut back on chicken and milk products and add more variety to your diet.

Isn't whey a milk protein? I drink about 60g of whey right after working out I just don't use it at home.
What exactly is the benefit of multiple protein sources? Is this that thing where the BV of a protein falls the more of it you eat?

No reason at all that doesn't involve broscience. Eat the proteins you enjoy.

Protein is protein, the source doesn't matter. Some sources might offer only a partial protein compared to sources that offer a complete protein. But both chicken and whey offer a complete protein, so it doesn't matter which one you use.

A different issue are secondary nutrients included in the source. For instance whey contains lactose, which might cause digestive problems for some people. Fats and carbs, vitamins and trace element content are something you could look at as well.

But non of this is relevant to the protein intake, which is what OP wanted to know about.

macrofags should just kill themselves. You need the cholesterol from eggs to produce test dumbo

See hammernutrition.com/knowledge/endurance-library/protein-debate-which-protein-is-best/

Eggs have one of the best amino acid profiles.

>Among his many accomplishments, both academically and athletically, he is an AAMA Board Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner
>Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner

Not really. I switched from eggs to skyr too, and i dont see a reason to eat eggs again.

>Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner
You can get certified in spreading bullshit now?

m8, every certificate industry is about spewing bullshit, that is the appeal.
You don't need to know anything just pay up a little.

AMINOACIDS

PROTEIN IS NOT ALL ABOUT PROTEIN

YOU NEED THEM AMINOACIDS BRO

DEM GOOD AMINOACIDS ARE IN EGGS

WHY BUY BCAA WHEN U CAN EAT A TWO EGG OMLETTE BEFORE A WORKOUT

protein = aminoacids

All sources of complete protein contain the same 9 essential amino acids necessary for bodily functions. Basically all protein from animal sources is complete, i.e. contains all of the essential aminoacids in sufficient amounts. So 'DEM GOOD AMINOACIDS' are also in eggs, whey and meat.

It's my understanding all animal protein has the right BCAAs. I also take BCAAs right before workout. I'd rather keep buying them than eat eggs tbph.
How much truth is there to this?

>It's my understanding all animal protein has the right BCAAs
Not exactly. google PDCAAS

Chicken and beef have a score of around .91 (1 is perfect ie whey & eggs). Rice is around .45 for reference.

>How much truth is there to this?
It is a precursor for the synthesis of testosterone, but it is very unlikely that you will have such a deficiency that your testosterone production would be inhibited in any way.

Is that the table from the alternative medicine website? I saw that one, milk was around .91 iirc

Is the good/bad cholesterol a meme and does it affect this? I tried to google high cholesterol foods but it was just warnings about bacon and such.

What the frick is Skyr?

>Is the good/bad cholesterol a meme
When people talk about "good" and "bad" cholesterol, then they are actually talking about the different types of proteins that carry the cholesterol molecules through the bloodstream.

The "bad" carrier type is called LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and it deposits cholesterol on the walls of arteries, hence its bad for your health. HDL is the "good" type, because it removes the cholesterol again from the artery walls.

People who train a lot will naturally have high amounts of the "good" cholesterol produced by their bodies, so the bad stuff doesn't affect them really. The good stuff cleans away the bad stuff before it can do any damage. So it's only really a problem for fat and constantly sedentary people. So in that respect it is a meme and also its not a meme.

Cholesterol is always cholesterol, regardless of the carrier protein so it doesn't matter which one is used for synthesis of testosterone. And you will always have "good" and "bad" cholesterol in your bloodstream.

islandic meme yoghurt

Nutritional factors that actually do inhabit testosterone production:
>Vitamin A deficiency
>Vitamin D deficiency
>Zinc deficiency
All lead to reduced Testosterone levels

it's like quark except tasty skyr.fi/Tuotteet

depending on flavor 15-18g of protein in under 100kcal

I eat multivitamins and additional zinc

They are tasty, so why not

hmm ok thanks. I have to say I don't really eat that many sources of cholesterol. I wonder if this is a real problem.

eggs taste like shit, especially if you aren't allowed to make scrambled eggs or an omelette or something out of them

Because they are delicious.

>if you aren't allowed to make scrambled eggs
why wouldn't you be allowed that?

because I'm on a cut and I don't want to waste my precious calories on scrambled eggs and bread (FAT & CARBS) when I could be eating something I like more

Yes if you're trying to get atherosclerosis.

There are so many ways to make eggs, a lot of them don't take frying or carbs as a side dish.

Simplest one being boiled eggs.

I know, but they're all shit unless you add a bunch of butter etc. to them. Boiled eggs especially.

Don't be a fag. Just eat them out of the shell.

Hey great post mate. I already get enough protein in my diet, I was asking if there's a REASON to force myself to down raw eggs against my will. I'm not saying I can't do it if I need to.

>but they're all shit unless you add a bunch of butter etc
Well can't be helped then.

Nah, you don't have to eat eggs. Other protein sources work just as well.